Moonlight

"Fuck you, Louis!"

I slammed the door and sat down on my bed. Louis came in.

"Get out. Now!", I yelled right in front of him.

"You know, I don't get it Harry. I really don't! I don't understand how you can be with Lucy when you know very well that you could get both her and yourself in trouble!" He screamed loudly.

"Because I love her, okay?? You will understand when you find that person in your life," I said harshly, almost whispering it to myself.

He looked at me furiously. "And what the hell is that supposed to mean? Don't you think I love Eleanor?"

I looked down on the floor, not knowing what to answer, because I knew that Louis didn't love her. I didn't think he had ever truly loved someone. It was weird. He had had a lot of girlfriends, but loved none of them. He told me that.

"And why not, if I may ask?" He stood there, looking at me curiously and annoyed.

"Well, it's not like you've loved any of your other girlfriends, Lou. You told me that yourself," I said in a quiet tone.

He stared at me with a confused and nervous look. "This time is different, Harry. Eleanor is different."

I stared at him.

"What?"

"I was just thinking," I answered.

"What were you thinking about?"

I kept staring at him. Now he started to look angry. Probably because I wasn't answering him.

"Just that.. Maybe there's a reason you haven't loved any of your girlfriends", I said carefully. He didn't answer. "Maybe you don't like girls, Louis."

He gave me a mad, shocked look. "Oh, so now you think I'm gay? What is wrong with you, Harry? Do you think I'm a bloody retard?" he screamed in my face, and ran out the door.

I went out the door to see all the boys but Louis standing there with a shocked look on their faces.

"What the hell was that, Harry?", Liam started.

"You really had to bring up the gay thing?" Zayn spat.

I stared at them, confused. "What do you mean?" I had no idea what they were talking about.

Niall sighed, and shook his head. "Don't you remember? Louis was bullied in middle school because everyone thought he was gay" he began.

I couldn't believe that I had forgotten about that. I felt like burying myself down into earths interior.

"Shit, I completely forgot about that!" I shook my head and had no idea what to do now. Louis was probably devestated. "I'm such an idiot sometimes."

I started walking over to Louis' room to apologize for being a moron. "Yeah, you are," I heard Niall joking behind me. I gave him the finger.

Knock knock.

"What?" I heard him answer sadly with a shaky voice like he had cried.

"It's me, mate. Can you please open the door?" No answer. "Louis, I'm sorry. I forgot, alright? I was a complete arse,"
I tried.

"Sod off, Harry."

"Louis! Open the door," I commanded him.

The door slowly opened to a red-eyed Louis staring at me.

"Are you okay?" He glanced down.

"Yeah, sure. It's no big deal anyway," he said and sat down by his desk.