Lies and drama

The way to route 43 felt endless. There were no turns to the left or to the right. It was straight forward. Even though I wasn't really fond of very winding roads, this wasn't exactly the funniest thing ever.

Suddenly, the phone rang. I thought it was Ron who called to nag again about everything, but I was wrong.

It was Liam.

The phone slowly went up to my ear as I pressed answer.

"Hello" I said with a shaky voice. I didn't know what to say or do at this point.

"Harry? Oh my God, where are you? We've been looking everywhere for you, why didn't you answer?" He said.

His voice sounded very frightened and worried. No wonder, I had been gone for quite some time. He didn't sound mad, just worried.

"Uhm, I-I'm in Virginia" I stuttered out.

I couldn't hold that from them. They needed to know. But only where I was, not what I was doing here. That was too dangerous.

"You're what?!"

Liam screamed so loud I had to pull away the phone from my ear. He usually stayed calm when things like this happened, but the thing about Liam was that he got so worried about us that he got furious at us in the end. But he only did it because he cared, so I wasn't being a douche to him because of it. He had such a big heart. I could never be mean to Liam.

"And why are you in Virginia if I may ask?" He asked strictly.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, alright? But I had to go there as soon as possible" I answered.

Now I really needed a backup plan. This wasn't working, and I really hadn't thought this through. At least they knew I was alright.

"And why is that?"

Think, Harry. Think.

"I just..." I began, still not knowing what ho say.

"I have been talking to this girl on skype for a while, and this was the only chance I had to meet her."

What. The. Hell.

There was a long silence before he spoke. "Oh" was all he said. "I thought you and Lucy were kind of a thing."

I bit my teeth in frustration. I had completely forgotten about Lucy.

Such a good boyfriend, Harry. Keep it up.

"Uhm, we're kind of on a break at the moment" I lied as I hissed.

I hated lying. Especially to Liam. Liam was such a good-hearted guy, and it was rare for me to lie to him.

"Well, rehearsels starts in one week. You'll be back by then, yeah?"

I nodded stupidly, as I was trying to focus on the road. "Yeah, course."

Liam was acting weirdly calm. None of the other boys would react like this. Then again, Liam was the most down to earth person I knew, and especially in the band. I knew Niall would freak out.

"Good. I'll call you later and catch up with everything, okay?"

"Yeah, sure. Later" I said before we both hung up. Or at least I did, didn't know about him.

Suddenly, I spotted blue and red lights behind me. I looked in the side-mirror. A vehicle with "police" on it was driving right behind me, and wanted me to pull over.

Shit.

I tried to remain calm as I drove out of the road, but it was impossible. I mean my truck was full loaded with 2 tons of weed. It would take at least ten Liams to be calm at this point.

A tall, serious-looking police officer motioned for me to open the windows. I did as he said, unwillingly.

"Good day, sir" I greeted him, trying to be polite and maybe he'd cut me some slack.

"Harry Styles, is it?"

Oh great, he was just another brick in the wall of those who wanted to point out all the bad things about me to the media.

I nodded carefully, unsure of what he exactly wanted. "Is there a problem, sir?"

He moved his sunglasses, that by the way made him look like the biggest douche ever, from his eyes to the tip of his nose and stared at me before he chuckled and pulled out something from his pocket.

"This sounds stupid, but my daughter is a big fan of yours, and she would be really happy if you could please sign this for her."

He handed me a CD and a pen. It was our Four album.

Thank God.

My nervous, half-heartedly smile turned into a real, whole-heartedly smile. There were nothing that made me happier than making my fans happy.

"I would be honored" I said, grinning at him.

He nodded thankfully and smiled. I signed the CD with a message to the girl as well and gave it to him before he thanked me and left. I breathed out in relief and shook my head. That was too close.

Lucy's POV:

My phone rang as I was cleaning around in the kitchen. It was Liam.

I smiled as I put the phone to my ear. "Hi, Liam!"

"Lucy, hey! How are you?" He asked, sounding a bit worried.

"I'm fine, how was Las Vegas?" I asked in a happy tone.

He sighed. "Well, it was okay, until we found out Harry headed off to Virginia."

My jaw dropped.

What?

"Wait, what? Virginia? What is he doing in Virginia?"

This was too weird. Why would Harry all of a sudden go to Virginia? Especially now that it was only 1 week till rehearsels.

"Uhm, he said he was meeting this girl there that he had been skyping with for a while."

A girl? Why would he do that? Was Harry cheating on me?

"Oh" was all I said, sounding more disappointed than what I had planned. Why would Liam bash this on me anyway? He knew very well that we were together. Why would he hurt me like that?

"Yeah, I'm sorry to be the one who tells you. Although you two have broken up, it's still hard to face the fact that he's seeing other girls so soon."

Broken up? What the hell was Liam talking about? Had Harry told him we broke up? We hadn't. Right?

I decided to not ask him about it, and just pretend like we had actually broken up. I didn't know what Harry was doing or what he was planning, but he wasn't in Virginia to meet a girl. He wouldn't do that. I knew him. This had to be his business.