Clear escape

"Where the hell are you taking us?" Zayn spat and fought to keep his legs contacted with the ground considering Ron dragged him into the woods.

The ride there was long and almost unbearable. It consisted of me and Zayn sitting in the back of the car, inhaling the terrible smoke from the cigarettes that Ron and Christoff were finishing, one after one, and listening to their talk about whether they were going to kill us in the woods or just keep using us to tease Harry. They thought we couldn't hear them, but we could, and it sent shivers down our spines every time they mentioned the word "kill". Yes, we had it in the back of our minds that there was a slight chance that they might kill us, but that didn't mean we weren't scared. Because we were.

"We're trying to find a place that's isolated with trees and far away from everyone," Ron answered without a single hint of hesitation in his voice.

I swallowed and gave Zayn a concerned look, which he returned. I shuddered and winced at the pain Christoff was giving me. His grip around my arms was so tight that it felt like they were gonna fall off sooner or later.

"Ow! You're hurting me!" I said to Christoff and tried to shake him off me, knowing very well that I wasn't going to be able to no matter what.

"Like I give a shit."

After walking for what felt like hours, they finally stopped. I didn't know if I should be happy for that, or if I should be scared. The place was indeed very isolated with trees everywhere we looked. We could hardly see the sky, the trees covering the sun so that it was pretty dark. A few birds flew by, reminding me so kindly how trapped I really was, while they were free as the bird. Well, because they were birds.

They threw us down on the ground, our backs smashing into a tree. Zayn winced loudly and I did the same, looking at him to see if he wasn't in too much pain. He looked okay, although I could see in his eyes that if he had the chance, he would rip them both into pieces.

"Why can't you just let us go? What have we ever done to you?" I said carefully, trying not to seem as pissed as I was on the inside.

Christoff chuckled. "Sweetheart, you know things that you're not supposed to know. Things that may get us locked up."

I swallowed, and faked a confused look. "What are you talking about? I don't know anything about you. All I know is your names. That's it."

Ron came closer to me and narrowed his eyes with a smile on his lips. "Have anyone told you that you're a terrible liar?"

"Have anyone told you that your breath smells like my old granny?" I spat.

He came even closer to my face and grabbed my face, looking viciously into my eyes. Suddenly he slapped my face with all his force.

"Hey, don't fucking touch her, you dick!" Zayn yelled and tried to loosen the rope around his hands.

Ron laughed and stepped away from me. "And what are you gonna do about it, pal?"

Zayn stayed quiet, only groaning and sending him glares. If glares could kill, Ron would definitely be dead then. They had brought a bag of something that neither of us knew what was. It could be weapons, or it could be something completely different. We didn't know. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to know. Christoff picked it up and searched through it. He seemd frustrated and kept looking.

"What the hell is taking so long?" Ron asked harshly with a scowl on his face.

"Fuck," Christoff uttered and looked up from the bag. "I forgot it."

Ron gave him a deadpanned glare. "I should've figured."

"Look, I'll drive back to the cabin real quick and get it, and you can stay here," Christoff said and put the bag over his shoulder.

Ron sighed, seeming more calm than I had expected. "Fine. If you're not back until.." he said and checked his watch. ".. Three o'clock, I'll do the fun without you."

"That's like half an hour."

"Yeah. So."

Christoff sighed and nodded. "Fine, I'll be here."

He walked off with the bag and left us with Ron. Ron kept his eyes on him, until he disappeared into the forest. His eyes locked with mine and I feared them. I feared them more than anything. They carried something vicious, so sadistic and painful. Like they had gone through rough storms and adversity. I almost felt a hint of sadness for him. But it soon faded.

"Now we're gonna have some fun," he said and laughed. "But first I have to piss."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Zayn who just shrugged back. I guess we didn't really know what we could expect from him. He could go from being a total dick to being all casual. We watched him as he went far enough away from us so that we couldn't see him, and sighed in relief. Out of no where, Zayn stood up from the ground, hands free and legs free and hurried over to me.

"Zayn, what the-"

"I'll explain later, come on," he said and removed the rope from my legs whilst helping me stand. "No time for your hands, now run."

Without blinking, we started running till our pulse beated rapidly. It was kind of hard to run fast with my hands tied behind my back, but I managed. My heart beated fast and I wanted to look back to see how far away we were from the tree but there was no time. Zayn was already way ahead of me. He turned his head to me and stopped for a moment, hurrying over to me and removed the rope from my hands while running. He finally managed to do so, and I could run as fast as Zayn again. We held hands as we ran to make sure we were together all the time, and if one of us tripped, we would notice right away and help each other.

We hadn't heard anything from behind us yet, which kind of worried me. Ron could've noticed and been clever enough to not yell after us but find a way around to get to the highway before us. The thought scared me, but I tried to be hopeful. Zayn looked terrified each time I turned my head, and my eyes started to get watery. It was such a rush, and it all happened so fast. There I was, thinking I was going to die in the matter of minutes, and now I was running towards freedom. Perhaps.

A smile appeared on Zayn's face. "I think.. I think we're gonna make it."

I grinned and breathed deeply and rapidly. Maybe we actually were going to make it. The chances were few, but still. There was a slight chance that we would make it, and I held on to that slight chance.

The road started to get visible. Apparently we had ran further than I thought. The smile on my face grew bigger and bigger, and so did Zayn's. His grip around my hand tightened, and I felt joy inside, although I was so tired it was almost unbearable. I hadn't eaten in days, and I had wounds all over my body, so it wasn't as strong as it used to be.

I felt the steady, hard ground beneath us as we got to the road and smiled like a little kid. It felt good to smile properly again, and to feel real joy.

"We made it," Zayn breathed out and smiled at me.

I nodded and grinned. "We made it."

"Do you honestly take us for fools?"

We quickly turned around, only to get our lives right back to where they were.

Except now Christoff was holding a gun.

He loaded.

"Please don't do thi-"

Pang. 

~