Where do broken hearts go

Lucys POV:

I was still thinking about the fight with me and Harry the night before. I couldn't figure out what he meant.

"You're not the first one to leave me."

The words kept replaying in my mind. I wanted to talk to him about it, but I had a strong feeling he didn't want to talk to me right now. Today was really not the day to be in a bad mood, because it was Zayns 22nd birthday, and it would suck if me and Harry was the party-killers. Either way I had to prepare supper and some other snacks for their party tonight. Also beer, of course. I was kind of nervous about that part actually. Not the buying part, but I knew there would be a lot of people here, and I also knew that if someone threw up... Yeah, you know the rest.

The boys had woken up Zayn early this morning to surprise him on his birthday, which was so sweet. They had made a cake as well. I offered to help them with the cake, but they insisted to do it themselves, and it actually turned out pretty good. They sang the happy birthday song and then served him the cake. It ended up with a cake fight.

Harry was with them, too, looking a bit grumpy and carefree about it all, but I was really glad that he was with them at all and didn't sit alone in his room all day.

"Lucy, have you been to the store yet?" Ms. Dalaria spat, as I came into the kitchen with wet hair and wet clothes, because of the pouring rain outside.

No, I just decided to take a shower with my clothes on. Just for fun.

I really felt like snapping at her now, but I would only get in trouble for it, and it was not worth it. I went with just nodding at her and not bother. Ms. Dalarias comments weren't really bothering me anymore either way. I was getting more and more used to it, which was a good thing. I guess. There is something horribly wrong with my life.

The clock was starting to get closer to eight, which meant party time. Not for me unfortunately, but the others that were invited, plus the boys. Not that I was a party-girl anyway, but it would just be nice to have a break sometimes.

Liam, Louis, Niall and Zayn were out eating, while Harry and I prepared the party. It was an awkward silence between us that I really didn't like. Being so far astray from Harry was weird. Even when he only knew me as Lucy the housekeeper, and I only knew him as Mr. Styles, it wasn't like this. He was always so polite and talked to me about anything when he spotted me or made eye contact with me. Then, the unimaginable happened.

"So.." He started. I tilted my head up in a rush. "What are you going to do tonight?"

I had hoped for something more than that, like talking about the fight we had yesterday and work it out. But I guess he wasn't really up to starting a big discussion again, something I could understand. And at least it was something, which was so much better than nothing at all. Silence hurt so much more than words at this point. Silence meant he didn't care. Words meant he did in fact care.

"Well, considering you're having a party with loads of people here, and loads of alcohol, I guess I'll spend my night cleaning up vomit and empty beer cans" I lightly joked, although it was completely true. I didn't really realize how screwed up my life was until I said it out loud. But then again I had Harry because of this shit job. Wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not right now.

He chuckled. I smiled at him, as our eyes met. "Harry, can we talk about yesterday? This distance between us.. I hate it", I tried, but he didn't seem too eager about my offer.

"No, Lucy. I don't feel like talking about that right now. It's Zayns birthday and I don't want to ruin this day for him." I could sort of understand it, but it also made me kind of mad.