Living nightmare

Harrys POV:

Everything went so fast. Me, Liam, Zayn, Niall, Sophia and Lucy drove as fast as we could to the hospital. Eleanour was hit by a car. Louis was already at the hospital. We hadn't heard anything new about her situation. Sophia were sitting in the back, sobbing, whilst Liam hugged her and hushed her on his lap to try and calm her down a bit. Me and Lucy were sitting in the front with me driving. Sophia actually had to sit on Liams lap, because there were only 5 seats in my car. But I think she needed it anyway.

We had got the message that Louis had gotten a heartattack when he saw Eleanour on the ground. It must've gotten too much for him to handle. I guess he loved her nevertheless. How stupid was I, for thinking that Louis didn't love his own girlfriend. If this happened to Lucy, I don't know what I would've done.

Louis was not awake when we arrived. The doctors said that his situation was stable, but they didn't know for sure if he'd be okay. I couldn't believe what I heard. I couldn't lose Louis. "Let's go and check on Eleanor", Liam said to try and get us to think about other things, and was as optimistic as always. He held Sophias hand to follow her to Eleanor. The other boys and Lucy went too, but I didn't. "You coming, Harry?" Niall looked curiously at me. I glanced at Louis. "Uhm, I think I'm just gonna sit here, if that's okay." He nodded, and closed the door behind him. I looked at Louis again. He looked pretty awful. Poor Lou. "Hi Louis." He didn't answer. I wasn't expecting him to, either. I stared at him. "I know you probably can't hear me now, but.. I just wanted to say that Eleanor is fine, and..." It was hard to get out the words. Very hard. "You're gonna have to be fine, too. You know why? Because I need you to be. I need you, Louis." I felt a tear run down my cheek. Then came another one. And one more. Suddenly I was sobbing. This was not happening. No, it couldn't. I took his hand. "If you can hear me now, even just feel my embrace, then.. Squeeze my hand", I said tearful. "Please, Lou", I nearly whispered. "Please". I couldn't feel a thing. No sqeeze, no movement, no nothing. I sat down with my elbows on my knees, my hands on my face and cried. A lot.

A doctor came in whilst I dried off my tears with my sleeve. He smiled at me and sat down. "Is he going to be okay?", I asked. "Louis have had a bad heart for a long time now, sir. Were you aware of that?" He said. I gave him a shocked look, and shook my head. A bad heart? How come we didn't know that? Liam came in, followed by the others. I stood up in front of them. "Oh my god, you guys. Louis have had a bad heart for a long time, and I can't believe we didn't know-" I stopped myself. Liam started to look at the other boys in a weird way. "What?", I asked. He looked at me. "Harry.. I don't know how to say this, but.. We knew about Louis' situation." I stared at him with a confused face. "What?", I started. "What do you mean, you already knew, what, what is this, Liam, why-", I bashed out, not knowing what to say. Niall went over to me, and looked sorrily at me. "Uhm.. You know that time when you were sick and Louis was going to the doctor?" I nodded slowly, not knowing where this was going. "Well, when he came back from the doctor, he told all of us about his heart. Except you", Niall said cautiously. "But.. Why?", I asked in despair by all of it. He looked down at the floor, not wanting to continue, so Zayn took over. "Because he knew that you would be overly dramatic, Harry. He didn't mean it bad, he just knew that you care a lot about all of us, and you'd never get over the thought of him having a heart problem. You'd always have it in the back of your mind whenever he did something. That's just who you are, Haz. We don't blame you for it", he explained, and for every word that came out of his mouth, the more I wanted Louis to wake up.

Liam, Zayn, Niall and Sophia were sitting outside of the room to let me have a moment to rewrite what happened. Lucy was with me, though. I wanted her there with me. I needed that. "Are you okay, Harry?" I nodded, half-heartedly. "I just can't believe they didn't tell me. I trusted them, and I always tell them everything." I was very disappointed in them. "But they only did it because they care about you, Harry. They didn't mean any harm with it", Lucy said reassuring. I took her hands. "Yes, I know, I know, but.. I just wish they could at least tell me something, you know?" She nodded understanding. I smiled at her. "I'm really glad you're here with me, Lucy. I couldn't have done it alone. It's too hard." She stroked my hands and smiled. "You really love him, don't you?", she said. I looked confused at her. "What?" Why did she say that? "It's okay, Harry. If you really love him, you can just let go. Let go of me, Harry", she said and let go of my hands. She went out the door and I could hear a beeping sound in the background. Doctors ran in to Louis, and electro-shocked him. "LOUIS!", I screamed and cried.

"Harry! Harry, are you okay?" I heard Louis' voice. "Haz, I'm right here", he said calmly. I quickly opened my eyes to see Louis sitting in front of me with worried eyes. I was lying in my bed. "You're alive", I said and looked confused at Louis. He nodded and laughed. "Gosh, that must've been a terrible nightmare. I could hear you scream all the way down in the livingroom", he said. I grinned at him. "It was only a nightmare", I said assuring. "Yes, it was. What did you dream, exactly?", he asked. I shook my head, wanting to shake off the awful feeling that was still running through my body. "Uhm.. You were in it, and", I began, but I couldn't continue. "And what, Haz?" Louis stared at me. "It was nothing, really. Just a silly nightmare", I lied. "I heard you scream "Louis", though", he said and chuckled. Shit. I really screamed Louis?... Sheez, what a dream. "I did?" He nodded and laughed. I shook my head. "There's some breakfast left for you downstairs, by the way. The other boys went out and met with Sophia and-". I interrupted him. "Eleanor! Is Eleanor okay??" He looked at me weirdly. "Yes, Harry. Everyone is okay, you don't need to worry! Come down with me and eat some breakfast, please. You need it", he said assuring. I nodded and followed him down the stairs.

I gobbled some cereal and tried to forget the horrible nightmare. But I couldn't. Louis noticed. "Okay, you have to tell me about that dream, Haz! You look like a fucking psychopath over there", he said. I cringed when he swore. "Really, Harry? You're still not used to me swearing?" He chuckled. "Personal issues", I explained. "But the dream, tell me about it", he said with a big sandwich stuffed in his mouth. I cleared my throat. "Uhm.. Well, it started with you taking a stroll in the town, and you met Eleanor", I started. He nodded and kept eating. "And then she.. she got hit by a car, and you had a heart attack because you couldn't handle it and your heart was bad, so we all went to the hospital to see you both, but then Lucy said some weird stuff, and the doctors couldn't wake you up so you died and-" Louis interrupted me. "Woah, woah, slow down, Haz! I'm getting food stuck in my throat here trying to keep up with you." I did speak rather quickly. "What I don't understand is; Why can you barely talk about it? Do nightmares really have that impact on you?", he asked. I looked down at my bowl of cereal. "Not usually. But this ones different", I stated. "I mean, you died, Lou. You mean a lot to me, you know? I hate dreams where I lose someone I love and care about." He nodded understanding.

"It all just felt so real", I suddenly said, after it being quiet for a while. "Yeah, I can understand you, Haz. I've had those nightmares a couple of times. I usually just shake them off pretty quickly after I wake up, but.. We're different in this world, right?" He took his plate and glass to the sink and rinsed it off. "But, what weird stuff did Lucy say anyway?", he asked. Ugh. Should I tell him? If I didn't tell him now, I'd probably tell him later, and that would seem weird. "She said that I really loved you, and that I should let go of her since I loved you so much." That was so awkward. I kind of regretted telling him right after I did. "Oh", he began, and I didn't know if he was gonna say something more or what. "Yeah. Strange, right?", I said with a fake laughter. He went to sit down. Then he looked at me. "Yeah. Very strange", he said. And then neither of us said anything.