Doorbell ringing

I was tired of the constant sound of the doorbell ringing. Either it was the police or some fans. Some of the fans actually camped outside of my house. I had read in the newspaper that some of them were camping outside of the hospital Harry was lying in, most of them at the wrong hospital. We had tried to keep it a secret so that Harry wouldn't have to deal with all of it and only focus on getting better.

The police had told us that they would investigate the case a bit further and see if they could get anything out of Harry. If Harry could tell them who stood behind the drug dealing, they would lower the charge on Harry. They said that he would maybe be able to pay a bill then, to not go to jail. But it was going to be very high. Then again, Harry had a lot of money, so did the other boys, and they were willing to do anything to make Harry not have to go to jail, even though Harry had been lying to them this whole time.

I admired that about them. Their strong relationship to eachother. They were always looking out for eachother and had eachothers backs, despite of everything going on.

The ringing at the door didn't stop, so I decided to open it. It was driving us all insane, especially Ms. Dalaria. Even more than we already were. We knew that it was the crazy fans as usual.

I opened the door to see a girl standing there. Probably just a fan who wanted to whine about her love for Harry and that she would die if something happened to him and yadda yadda yadda. All I wanted was to tell her to piss off, but I was too kind.

Too kind or too much of a pussy?

Let's go with the first one.

"Can I help you?" I asked as politely as I could.

The girl was about 14 or so, and she stood there with sad and worried eyes. "I-I just wanted to ask you a question, that's all."

I suddenly felt bad for the poor girl and lightened my mood a bit. "Sure, go ahead" I said and tried to smile a bit despite the annoyment raging inside of me.

She looked down for a moment, fiddling with the sleeve of her jacket. "Is-is Harry leaving One Direction?" She stuttered.

My eyes saddened at her question. "No, no one's leaving One Direction."

I tried the hardest to convince her that he wasn't. And I tried the hardest to convince myself.

"O-okay. Thanks" she uttered before she turned around and walked away from the door.

She suddenly turned around again and smiled vaguely. "Uhm, I told the other fans that were camping here to leave. I figured you needed some time to focus on your own problems for a while."

I smiled and nodded. "Thank you, that was very kind of you to do."

She smiled before she left.

I closed the door with a strange feeling in my tummy. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl. It wasn't really strange that she would ask such a question. I knew how much the band meant to them all.

"Lucy! Who was at the door?" I heard Ms. Dalaria shout from upstairs.

"Just a fan, Ms. Dalaria" I answered as I stepped into the livingroom.

A loud sigh came from Louis, sitting in the couch with the boys. I started to clean the floor, realizing I was a bit behind schedule, because in about half an hour I had to make dinner for the boys, and I wasn't done with my cleaning yet. Although I had done a lot more than usual today, hoping to get some time off to see Harry.

It seemed like Liam noticed my stress. "How about I cook today?"

All of the boys chuckled and shook their head.

"Yeah, cause that wouldn't be a disaster" Niall said and laughed along with the other boys.

Liam looked a bit sad and annoyed by Niall's comment. I smiled at him.

"That's very nice of you, Liam, but I have no problem with cooking. Really" I said sincerely. I meant it, although I was a bit tired.

He nodded towards me and smiled, narrowing his eyes at the boys who were bursting out laughing.

I hadn't really thought much about mine and Liam's kiss. Probably because it didn't really mean anything, and I think it was requited. We were both hurting and that's what lead to the kiss. It wasn't because we liked eachother that way.

Suddenly the doorbell rang again, and just as I was about to go downstairs to open it, I heard girls' laughter downstairs and recognized it immediately. The boys turned around as Sophia and Eleanor came up the stairs, smiling and laughing.

"Eleanor" Louis uttered and smiled, walking over to her and kissing her.

Sophia sat down next to Liam and hugged him. Liam's eyes turned sad before he embraced her back and buried his face into her neck. I smiled at the sight, assuming they had a big fight recently. Louis looked very happy to see Eleanor as well. He had probably needed her around it all.

"Ms. Dalaria?"

I stepped into her office carefully. She raised her eyebrows and looked up at me.

"Uhm, I'm done cleaning the house and cooking. Can I please go see Harry at the hospital?" I asked softly.

She looked down in her paper again. "I'm sure you could find something else to do around the house."

"But I've done all there is" I said with desperation in my voice, practically begging for her to let me go.

"Have you cleaned the boys' room and taken their dirty clothes in the washing machine?"

"Yes" I said and smiled, satisfied.

"Have you vacuumed the halls outside of their rooms and downstairs?"

"Yes."

"Then have you changed the boys' sheets, taken out their trash, changed the towels in their bathrooms and polished all the windows in the house?"

"Yes, yes, yes and yes" I answered once again, wanting her to realize that I had really done all there was to do.

She sighed, and sat there in silence for a while.

"Fine, you can go to see Harry."

I tried my very best to keep my shit together and not squeal like a pig in front of her.

"Thank you so much, Ms. Dalaria!" I said and grinned at her before I went out the door.

"I'm expecting you to work extra shifts these days ahead!" I heard her yell out the door.

I nodded quickly before I went to my room to change. What should I wear? Should I dress up a bit or just put on something casual? Maybe he'll think I'm weird if I dress up.

God, like he'll even care.

He might.

He's at the hospital for God's sake, he'll only care about seeing you.

Yeah, let's just hope that.