Chapter 1 ~ Home is not a place - it is a feeling

Victoria Pov.

Well, it's that time again, back to Hogwarts, my real home.
My sixth year would now begin.
I was still calm and packed my suitcase.
There was still time, but a certain Draco Malfoy, who kept knocking loudly on my door, drove me insane.
Sometimes he really gets on my nerves.
He had nothing from his mother.
Neither her calm manner nor her patience.
He was an image of his father.
It was as if cut off his face.
They also differed little in character from one another.
"Victoria get your bum down or we'll miss the train".
I didn't respond to him at all and ignored the constant knocking.
Of course it didn't let up.
It wouldn't be like Draco Malfoy at all.
I really don't know why he was so stressful. That we could miss the train wouldn't be the worst scenario.
Actually I would have finished packing long ago, but somehow the suitcase seemed smaller than the years before, at least that's how it felt to me. It could of course also be due to the fact that we now needed a few more teaching materials for our 6th grade.

And how could it be otherwise, Malfoy kept knocking on my door. If he continues like this, the door will soon break through in the middle. I hated staying at Malfoy Manor.
Since my parents spent my entire childhood in Azkaban, I was taken in by the Malfoys. I hated it here. I hated everything here.
I was always happy to get on the train and go to Hogwarts. But that's life, you can't choose how it goes.

The knocking on the door of my room didn't stop, of course, so I stepped to the door and opened it abruptly. Behind this stood an annoyed Malfoy, already ready to leave. I had to look up at him because I was a head and a half shorter than him.
However, I didn't show anything and smirked at the ice-prince.
Malfoy eyed me with an amused expression, not losing his smirk. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and leaned casually against the door frame. "I strongly suspect you will need help packing."
"Well, I wouldn't exactly call it help. More like support, if you would ask me", I corrected his statement and let him enter, by making a gesture with my hand.
He pushed himself off the door frame and walked slowly into my room.
I pointed in the direction of my suitcase but kept an eye on him.
He rearranged my things and then put them back in the suitcase. This time he closed without any effort.
"What? No thanks?" Malfoy asked me and looked at me expectantly.
"I don't know what for, but you could make yourself useful and bring my suitcase downstairs," I answer truthfully and walk past him.
Walked down the stairs and could hear Draco pick up my trunk and stumble after me.

Downstairs in the drawing room of Malfoy Manor the Malfoys were already waiting, as was my lovely mother ...
I ran up to the assembled group with my head held high and saw my mother take a step towards me.
"Oh Victoria, there you are at last, you always keep waiting for you ..." she let out in her hysterical voice and laughed like a madman.
"Mother, please," I said, annoyed, and took my suitcase.
When I turned around, my mother was facing me completely.
She took one more step towards me and tilted her head towards my ear.
"If you don't do your job with flying colors, the dark lord won't be very pleased," she whispered, giving me goosebumps.
"Of course mother, I will not fail. I will not let the dark lord down. " She was satisfied with this answer and moved away from me. Without turning my head too much, I looked in the direction of Draco and motioned for him to leave.
So I packed my suitcase and disapparated to Kings Cross without blinking an eye.

When I came to a stop on the platform between platforms nine and ten, Draco Malfoy strolled towards me with his suitcase. He grinned at me and winked at me. However, I skilfully ignored this.
I ran through the wall leading to platform 9 3/4 and stopped in front of the scarlet lock that said Hogwarts Express. I took long strides towards the train, but stopped in the middle of the platform when I spotted Harry Potter and his blood traitor and mudblood entourage, also known as the golden trio.
I hated him profoundly.
Only at the sight of Potter did my wand tingle. I wanted to curse him.
I walked slowly towards him, but stopped a good three feet behind him.
He hadn't noticed me yet, but when I started to speak he jerked around in my direction.
"Well Potter, had a nice vacation?
Let me be honest, I hope they were horrible." As I said this, I walked around him, poking the tip of my wand into his flesh every now and then.
"What do you want Lestrange?" Asked Potter coolly and disinterestedly.
"Oh, not that important. I just wanted to chat with the chosen one, but guess what? You disgust me"
I paused for a moment, but took a step towards Potter.
"Believe me, Potter. At some point you will regret everything. "
I didn't wait for an answer from him, rammed him on the shoulder and headed back towards the train.
It took me a moment to remember exactly where I left my suitcase, but found it relatively quickly and entered the train. Since it was still relatively early, I was able to go to the Slytherin compartment without much effort.
I took a compartment further back and heaved my suitcase onto the luggage rack.
When I sat down, I took a deep breath.
I couldn't wait to be back at Hogwarts soon, but first of all I have to survive this train ride .....