Chapter 47 ~ Run...!

Victoria's Pov.

"Victoria, my dear.  I have a mission for you that is of the utmost importance,” the dark lord said in a hissing voice, rising from his chair at the head of the long table.
He walked slowly around the table and stopped right behind me.
He rested his hands on my shoulders and I tried not to make a face at his disgusting, long fingernails.
"Of course, sir!" I said firmly, staring at the aged wood tabletop.
When he let go of my shoulders and moved away a little, I could breathe again and even Draco next to me, who had apparently been holding his breath, relaxed a little again.
He put his hand on my knee, hoping it would calm me down.
However, it didn't help at all.
I kept jerking my leg nervously and kneading my fingers in my hands.
"Well, Victoria, since I know that you always master your tasks with flying colours, I have chosen you for this mission." Voldemort spoke, his bare feet practically floating on the floor as he made no sound as he walked  gave.
"I take it... you're familiar with the claws?!" the dark lord asked rhetorically, not waiting for an answer from me.
"You will accompany them in their search for Harry Potter!" Voldemort commanded, looking serious.
"The meeting is over," he said finally, taking a seat at the head of the table again.
I nodded to the Dark Lord and rose from my seat.
I left the dining room, followed by Draco, and found the grabbers in the reception room.
I stopped about a meter away from them and made eye contact with one of them.
I only knew them all by sight.  However, I was not interested in the names of these people.
"Can we then?" said Fenir Greyback, licking his yellow teeth.
I turned to Draco and squeezed his hand briefly before turning away from him and following the snatchers out of Malfoy Manor.
Without warning, Greyback grabbed my arm and Apparated side-by-side with me.
With a firm footing, I landed in a forest.
Below me, all the branches broke in two and made cracking noises.
"What are we doing in this forest?" I asked, turning to the grabbers, crossing my arms while looking around.
"We assume that Harry Potter is staying in this forest," said a tall man with black, shoulder-length hair and stood next to his people.
Fenir Greyback stepped past the grapples by elbowing himself out.
"We're going to search the area now, Scabior, you go first!" Greyback said, baring his teeth, and stepped next to the aforementioned, who then turned around and started moving.
The other grabbers followed Greyback and Scabior.
As I brought up the rear and took my wand out of my boot.

It felt like hours in which we were already wandering through the forest, looking for tracks that weren't there.
Ever since the one night Potter had escaped from Voldemort, the dark lord had become more and more impatient and did everything he could to find the chosen one as quickly as possible.
A cracking noise snapped me out of my thoughts and I stopped abruptly.
The sound had sounded like a branch breaking and someone stepping on it.
However, I couldn't see anyone.
Greyback and the other grabbers were well ahead of me and didn't bother waiting for me.
My nose picked up a smell I knew.
However, I couldn't classify him.
I turned left and looked across the leaf-covered ground.
I imagined I heard a faint breathing out of nowhere and furrowed my eyebrows.
I felt the slight tension of magic in the air and for a brief moment thought of a ward.
It would all fall into place because that smell, that perfume, reminded me of Hermione Granger
The realization that Potter and his entourage could possibly be here in the Forest of Dean made me hesitate for a moment.
However, I took a critical look at the forest section before I set off to catch up with the other grabs.

As we walked further through the forest over the next few days, looking for tracks and couldn't find anything, I asked Scabior.
"Why do you think Potter would be in this forest?"
I walked beside him and twirled my wand in my fingers.
“Here in this forest a taboo word was spoken.
It was about the name Voldemort, which is known to only be mentioned by Harry Potter.", the grabber said and stopped.
"Did you hear that?" he asked the others, who only nodded and looked around.
"There they go, get them!" Scabior shouted and started to move.
I started to run and saw three figures in front of me making their way through the many trees standing in the way.
I gripped my wand tighter and jumped over a fallen tree.
Greyback and Scabior ran to my left and right while the other grabbers ran after us.
When Scabior tied up one of the three people and let him fall to the ground, he slowed down and stopped by the person lying on the ground.
I turned my gaze forward again and could make out the other two ahead of me, so I increased my speed and continued to dodge trees and large rocks.
I had lost sight of Greyback and after a few seconds there was no trace of Granger either.
Only the chosen one ran in front of me and kept looking over his shoulder.
But this was his undoing when he suddenly stumbled over a tree stump lying on the ground and hit the ground with a loud bang.
I aimed my wand at Potter and now realized that it was indeed the chosen one.
He stood up and didn't move an inch.
He just stared into my eyes, in which I could see nothing but hate and disgust.
I took a quick look around to make sure none of the grapples were around, and then I did what I never expected myself to do.
I lowered my wand and started to speak.
"Run Potter...!" I said seriously and saw his eyebrows furrow in confusion.
Then he turned and ran.
Only when I could barely see him did I start moving again and caught up with the grabbers, who carried the Weasley boy tied over their shoulder and kept running.
Ahead of me I could see Greyback and Scabior aiming their wands at Granger and Potter.
I pulled up next to Greyback and gave Potter a critical look.
His face suddenly looked so disfigured and swollen that his scar was no longer visible.
"And Victoria?  is it him  Is it Harry Potter?” Greyback asked me, pushing me towards him with gentle force.
I positioned myself in front of Potter and looked into his eyes.
I wrestled with myself.
"What about his face?" I asked, only getting a shrug in return.
"So?  Is it him?” Scabior wanted to know urgently and kneaded his fingers in his hands.
I turned back in Potter's direction and met his eyes knowingly.
"I dont know..."