Chapter 46 ~ An ace up your sleeve...?

Victoria's Pov.

I got ready.
Thrown on the Death Eater cloak and smoothed out the black fabric, but didn't put the mask on yet.
I held it tightly in my left hand and tucked my wand into my boot with my right.
Was I afraid?
Yes, I was terrified.
I didn't know what to expect tonight.
Also, I didn't know if the source of the former potions professor could be believed.
Whether it's true that they would move Harry Potter that night is anyone's guess.
It seemed dangerous after a trap, but maybe these were just pipe dreams.
Maybe we Death Eaters were the ones who would have an ace up our sleeve tonight.
Maybe we'd finally get Potter and it would all be over...

Behind me, the floorboards groaned in agony and an arm wrapped around my waist.
The Ice Prince turned me around and looked down at me.
He wore his black suit as he would not be accompanying the dark lord on the mission.
I closed my eyes briefly and then slowly opened them again.
"You take care...
Come back to me..." Draco whispered in a low voice and kissed me.
Pulling away from him, I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest for a moment.
I didn't know if I would survive this mission.
Didn't know if I'd ever feel the Ice Prince's lips on mine again.
This night would be unpredictable.
Nobody knew what would happen today.
I broke away from him and stopped a few centimeters in front of him.
I didn't say anything, I didn't know what would have been the right thing at that moment.
I didn't want to get his hopes up, but I didn't want it to sound like a goodbye either.
I remained silent and gave the slightest nod before slowly turning and leaving the room.
With brisk steps, I descended the stairs and put on the Death Eater mask before entering the reception hall.
"We'll do it tonight.
I'm going to get Harry Potter...!" the dark lord yelled excitedly, laughing harder.
I looked around the room and eyed the other Death Eaters who were also involved in the mission.
I couldn't see anyone except my mother as everyone else was also dressed in their Death Eater outfit.
"I'm so proud of you, Viktoria." I heard my mother next to my left ear.
She ran her finger over my cheek, which was covered by the mask.
Which is why there was a disgusting scraping sound when she scraped the metal of the mask with her fingernail.
Voldemort explained the plan again.
He would initially stay in the background until we, his followers, located Potter.
Only then would he take part in the game.
When the first Death Eaters started to move, I followed them out of Malfoy Manor with brisk steps.
We all got on our brooms.
I pushed hard off the ground and took off.
The others followed.
Only Voldemort brought up the rear and sent us Death Eaters ahead.
We flew a long distance and the sun kept disappearing behind the clouds.
My Death Eater robes and hair flapped in the wind.
The mask blocked part of my vision.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my mother appear next to me, pointing her hand in a direction.
I jerked my broom to the left and flew after her while the other Death Eaters followed.
The setting sun bathed the sky in a beautiful orange-red.
My mother jerked her broom up steeply and headed for a large cloud overhead.
I pulled the handle of my broom in the air and flew into the sombre looking cloud.
Suddenly seven Potters appeared in front of us and we tried to circle them.
There were flashes of green light everywhere and screams could be heard everywhere.
It was pure carnage.
I flew after several Harry Potters and shot curses at them.
I narrowly dodged a flash of red light and stumbled with my broom.
I was thrown back and couldn't continue the pursuit.
As a motorcycle with a sidecar flew by right next to me, I recognized the Hogwarts gamekeeper and doubted for a second.
It was too obvious.
But maybe that was the plan.
I gripped my wand tighter and flew after the bike.
All of a sudden, a flash of green light hissed at me out of nowhere.
At the last moment, I rolled over and sat back up, full of adrenaline.
If I had reacted just a second too late, I would almost certainly have fallen off my broom and died.
When I heard the name "Hedwig" screamed out, I could safely say that this was the real Harry Potter.
With two other Death Eaters I gave chase and raced after the motorcycle.
The bike spun around and tried to throw us off, but we stayed close to them.
The two other Death Eaters who had been in pursuit with me fired curses at those in front of us, but always just missed.
Suddenly, the real Harry Potter turned and yelled "Stupefy!"
A flash of red light shot towards us and we had to separate to avoid it.
This time, however, I reacted too slowly and the curse hit me on the left shoulder.
I almost dropped my wand as the immense force nearly knocked it off the broom.
However, I caught myself and followed the motorcycle with a pained expression on my face.
"Continue!" one of the Death Eaters yelled over the noise and we flew towards the bike at full speed.
With a thunderous roar, dragon fire suddenly shot out of the exhaust, straight at us.
I saw the orange and yellow trail of fire heading straight for the other Death Eaters and me.
I felt the intense heat of the fire on my skin and dodged the dragon fire.
"Follow," I yelled over the shouting, making eye contact with another Death Eater.
With a loud bang, the motorcycle and sidecar hit the busy street and crashed into traffic.
Another Death Eater joined us and also shot curses at the sidecar.
When the bike went into a tunnel, I slowed my speed and slowed down, only to whip my broom up and fly over the tunnel.
When the motorcycle left it again, I hung on to the back and started chasing again.
Out of nowhere, the bike shot up into the air again, leaving the road behind.
We followed the motorbike and sidecar until Potter cried out in agony and I could make out a figure in black smoke next to me.
I recognized the dark lord and slowed the broom to a halt.
This moment would belong solely to Voldemort.
He shot a green curse at the chosen one and thus both flashes of light collided.
The lights lit up the gloomy night sky.
I turned around once and realized that all of the Death Eaters still seemed preoccupied with the fake Harry Potters.
My shoulder ached and I recognized a bleeding wound under the torn Death Eater cloak, but with a scream I drew my attention back to the chosen one in front of me, who was trying to compete with the Dark Lord.
However, my lord's curse was deflected back, incapacitating Voldemort for a short time.
The Hogwarts gamekeeper took advantage of this and steered the motorcycle into the safety zone, which is protected by several wards
I knew it would do no good to fly after them.
The motorcycle got smaller and smaller as it got further away, until it was completely gone.
it was over
We failed.
Yet again....