Chapter 60 ~ Not a good book, show its good side first...

Victoria's Pov.

"Who are you?" Voldemort spoke in his low, snake-like hiss.
"Who volunteered here?"
The dark lord ran barefoot over the rubble that lay on the floor.
He stepped over the fallen chosen one and stepped closer to the person who had detached himself from the crowd.
My mother laughed in delight when she realized who had faced Voldemort.
"It's Neville Longbottom, sir!  The boy who gave the Carrows so much trouble!  The Auror's son, remember?"
She licked her black teeth provocatively and scratched the floor with the toe of her shoe.
"Ah, yes, I remember," the Dark Lord said knowingly, looking at Neville who stood unarmed and defenseless in the no man's land between the survivors and the Death Eaters.
"But you're a pureblood, aren't you, my brave boy?" Voldemort asked Neville, who was facing him, empty hands clenched in fists.
"And what if I'm one?!" he replied loudly.
"You show fighting spirit and courage, you are of noble lineage.
You will make an extremely valuable Death Eater.  We need people like you, Neville Longbottom."
The Longbottom boy, still standing in front of Voldemort, opened his clenched fists and glanced over his shoulder at the survivors.
"I'll only join you when hell freezes over...I want to say something...!" he said curtly and bowed his head, slightly kinked.
"Go on, Neville, I'm absolutely sure that everyone is glued to your every word," the dark lord said in a calm voice and turned his back on the Gryffindor boy.
He stepped back into his former place, the place behind Potter's lifeless body.
I looked at Neville, who hobbled forward a few steps.
He paused in the middle of both sides and twisted his torso so that he had a good view of both sides.
"Harry's dead doesn't change anything-"
"Stop it, Neville!" a voice from among the survivors interrupted him.
He swallowed and looked down briefly before picking up where he left off.
“Every day people die, friends, relatives.
Yes, today we lost Harry, but he's still with us, in here!
Just like Fred, Remus, Tonks.
They all...
Her death was not meaningless!
But yours will be because you're wrong.
Harry's heart beat for us...
For each of us!”
As he spoke, his eyes narrowed.
A great tumult suddenly echoed from the far edges of the school grounds.
It sounded like hundreds of people were swarming over the walls that were out of sight and rushing toward the castle with war cries.
At the same time, Grawp, Hagrid's half-brother, came stomping around the corner of the castle and he cried out in disgust.
Voldemort's giants answered his scream with a roar.
They ran towards Grawp like bull elephants, causing the earth to shake.
The clatter of hooves and the whirring of bows filled my ears.
Arrows suddenly fired into the ranks of Death Eaters, who scattered with cries of surprise.
I looked frantically again at the scenario in front of me.
In one fluid motion, Neville drew Gryffindor's sword from the depths of the ragged old hat.
The slash of the silver blade could not be heard over the roar of the approaching crowd, over the din of the giants throwing themselves and the centaurs charging, and yet it seemed to draw everyone's attention.
With a single blow, Neville sliced ​​off the head of the great serpent, Nagini, who whirled high in the air and shimmered in the light streaming out of the Entrance Hall.
Voldemort's mouth dropped open and a squeal of anger escaped him, which no one could hear.
The snake's body fell dully to the ground at his feet as he drew the Elder Wand and pointed it at the Longbottom boy.
However, the supposedly dead Chosen One jumped up and cast a Shield Charm between Voldemort and Neville.
When everyone realized that Potter wasn't dead, shouts of triumph could be heard from all around.
"HARRY!"  roared the former game warden, throwing his hands in the air.
The chosen one ran over large boulders.  Crouched over curses the Dark Lord fired at him and ran inside the castle.
It was pure chaos.  The attacking centaurs scattered the Death Eaters.
I felt Draco's fingers slip from my hand.
I groped for him but had lost sight of him.
All of the Death Eaters fled before the stomping feet of the giants and the thundering reinforcements, from which no one knew where they had come from, drew closer and closer.
Great winged beings, Voldemort's giants flew around the heads.
I saw the thestrals and the hippogriff Buckbeak clawing their eyes out while Grawp pounded and drummed his fists at them.
I spun around frantically to see some of the Death Eaters flee, dispersing in black smoke.
I took a few steps backwards to avoid the giants' big feet and crashed into something, or rather someone.
I pulled out my wand and turned sharply to face the person just behind me.
Spotting Draco in front of me, I instantly relaxed and loosened my grip on my wand, and my whitened knuckles returned to a normal color.
He put his hands on my shoulders and shook them vigorously until I could take my eyes off the fighting masses.
I shook my head and looked up at the Ice Prince.
"Hey Victoria, come on.  We're getting out of here!” he spoke incredibly fast and his breath came frantically and raggedly over his lips.
He looked at his parents, who were waiting at the stone bridge.
"What do you mean disappear?" I asked, turning to look at his parents again.
"By that I mean we get out of here.
final!
We turn our backs on Voldemort.
Come on, what are you waiting for?” he said urgently and pulled me in the direction of the bridge.
I kicked my heels into the ground and snatched my hand from Draco.
He turned to me and looked at me in horror.
"I will not go.
I don't tuck my tail like some coward.
Voldemort must die.
This is the only way it can end!
I'll stab the dark lord in the back, but not like this.
Draco you have to make a choice.
For the good.
The good of now fighting the Death Eaters and Voldemort.
to destroy him once and for all.
Or you decide to flee.
Do you really want to run away from your fear.
You have to face things!
Even if it could mean death...”
I took a deep breath and walked slowly towards the walls of the castle.
After a few meters, I turned back to the ice prince and waited a moment.
He wrestled with himself, alternately glancing at his parents and at me.
He looked in my direction and saw multicolored flashes of light being shot out of the open portal.
He turned to his mother one last time before turning his back on her and walking towards me.
"Let's fight!
For the good...!”