Chapter 18 ~ What Did You Do? - Too much

Victoria's Pov.

Empty.
Nothing but emptiness completely filled my body from within.
Inwardly I screamed and cried, but outwardly I didn't do anything, didn't move a muscle, didn't lose my mask.
I didn't change my face.
Outwardly it didn't bother me as much as it did at first.  What had become of me?
Since that one night that I killed those two children and the baby, things have only got worse ...
Evan Rosier apparently said that I had done my job with flying colors and the dark lord took note of this.
From now on he wanted me to take part in several missions, he wanted me to commit more murders, torture and kill innocent people.
I was torn from my thoughts by a loud scream and brought back to reality.
The scream came from a young woman, no older than 25, and she wasn't going to be either, because when I looked down at her I saw two wide eyes.  They stared emotionlessly into a corner of the room we were in.
She just lay there, she was dead ...
I let my wand sink and found that I had done it again, I still felt the tremendous power emanating from my wand.  The power caused by the killing curse.
Her lifeless body lay limp on the expensive white carpet, which must have cost a lot of money.
With a quiet whimper and sob, I became attentive again.  I had completely forgotten about her husband.
I turned my body in his direction and gazed impassively into his crying reddened eyes.
The one was also no older than 25 and, like his wife, would not see the next morning again.
He stared at his dead wife and began to sob uncontrollably again.
"P-please, y-you d-don't have to do that, please ....", he was interrupted again and again by violent sobs and in the end did not manage to finish the sentence he had begun.
I walked up to him with slow steps, but kept an eye on him.
His body had doubled over and was shaken again and again by strong sobs, as if by impulses.
He rocked back and forth, looking like a small child.
I stepped over the woman and gripped my wand tighter so that the knuckles on my wrist were white.
I stopped a meter in front of him, raised my magic wand, closed my eyes and said "Crucio" in an almost whispering voice, when the curse hit the man in the chest, his body fell on his back, he stretched all his limbs away  himself and screamed.
His body twisted in various directions.
With his eyes squeezed shut and his mouth wide open to scream, the man lay on the cold wooden floor wishing for death.
When the curse hit him again, he could no longer, he could no longer scream.  No sound left his lips, apart from a tortured whimper, nothing could be heard.
Sudden anger filled my whole body, anger at myself, the Dark Lord, my parents and the whole situation.
My eyes slit in anger and I lifted my staff a little higher.
I left the man's curse of torture, but only to kill him.
"Avada Kedavra," I said through clenched teeth with anger, as I watched the husband slump lifelessly on the floor.
I have now committed two more murders, at 10 I stopped counting.
I took a step closer to the dead couple and crouched down.
Will it ever get easier?
I already remembered my mother, I never wanted to be like her.
I never wanted to torture or murder, but that was now a thing of the past.
I jumped up and screamed in anger, anger, and despair.
Why did everything have to be moving in the wrong direction.
I formed my hand into a fist and hit the big wall mirror as hard as I could, which broke into a thousand small pieces.
It made a huge noise, and many of the splinters fell to the ground and stayed there.
My hand was bleeding profusely.  The blood ran down my arm, but I didn't care.
Without looking back again, I left the little house and ran into the street.
It was still damn quiet here, but this will look completely different in a few hours when the police and other things arrive here and there will be a new headline in the Muggle newspaper as well as in the Daily Prophet.
I raised my left hand and saw how much I was shaking, took another deep breath before turning on the spot and Apparating into Malfoy Manor.

When I swayed to stand in front of the villa, I first looked around to see if a Death Eater meeting was taking place.
I walked up the path to the Manor and opened the large front door that led into the great lobby.
I looked around and saw that no one was here.
But when I heard the confused voices from the hall, where the Death Eater meetings always took place, I felt queasy.
I knew exactly who was in there, which is why I thought about it for a long time, but then decided to just go inside.
Without knocking, I opened the large black door, which creaked open.
All eyes were on me, those of the Death Eaters, the Dark Lord's and Draco's too.
He looked at me with wide eyes and opened his mouth slightly as if to say something, but when he remembered how stupid this idea was, he slowly closed it again.
I hadn't spoken to Draco in a long time.
I just couldn't do it, not after we were on friendly terms.
I wanted to talk to him a few times, but every time I backed off.
When the many missions came along, I had no time and no nerve for that anyway.
Draco and everyone else didn't fit into my life right now.

“Oh Victoria, how nice to see you, sit down.  I was expecting you. "
When the Dark Lord addressed me personally, I pushed my thoughts aside and came back to reality.
Only now did I realize that I was still standing in the middle of the room.
I walked cautiously towards the place Voldemort was pointing.
He was right next to my mother, across from Professor Snape and only two seats away from the Dark Lord himself.
I've never sat so close to him.
I was always given the place between Narcissa and Draco, but not today.
When I looked to the left, I noticed that my mother was smiling at me, although smiling was not the right word for it because she was staring at me with a grin.
She knew exactly what I had done today.
And in her eyes I saw something like proud.
I kept eye contact until she looked away and returned her attention to the Lord.
"So Victoria, did everything go according to plan?" When he asked me this, he paced up and down the room, waiting.
"Yes my lord, everything went according to plan."
My answer was firmer and more serious than I expected.
Voldemort turned in my direction and laughed out loud once.
"I knew you were useful for something, well done."
He turned away and sat down again.
I noticed that Draco was finding my gaze and I looked in his direction.
He stared at my eye, which had been pounding wildly for an hour.
The husband slapped me in the face when I entered the small house and also pushed me against one of the shelves in the living room.
I had to look fucking exhausted because that's how I felt too.
My eye must have been swollen and smeared with blood, but tomorrow I would have a decent black eye.
I averted my gaze again, closed my eyes, and waited until the meeting was over.

When everyone got up, I opened my eyes and also got up, left the hall and made my way to the door that led out of the villa.
Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, but I waved it off.  I knew exactly who it belonged to and stepped out the door.
When I came to a stop in the garden in front of Malfoy Manor, I turned around and even before I Apparated I saw Draco and Professor Snape walking towards me with quick steps, but I was already gone and landed steadfastly on Hogwarts grounds  .
I knew perfectly well that if I didn't hurry, Draco or Snape would catch me, but I had no nerve for that now.
I ran towards the castle, opened the oak portal and made my way directly to the Slytherin common room.
The corridors were gloomy and dark.  The dungeons had cooled down considerably from the December weather, so that when you breathed you could see small clouds of smoke.
When I passed the office of the former magic potion professor, I was roughly pulled into one of the cold corridors by my cloak and pressed against the wall.
I thought I would stand in front of Draco now, but I never expected Professor Snape in my life.
"What was your mission today, Miss Lestrange?" The Potions Professor asked me in a monotonous voice.
"I don't know what this has to do with you, Professor!" I replied bitingly, whereupon he only grabbed me tighter and pressed me harder against the wall.
"I'm not stupid if I ask you a question, I expect to get an appropriate answer," the professor said with a strained expression.
"In any case, you won't get any from me, because that is none of your business and now let the fuck go of me.  If you really want to know, ask the dark lord personally. ”, I replied now, huffed, and freed myself from the professor's grips, and then continued on my way without looking back.

In the common room I went straight down to the girls' dorms, but was stopped again, but this time by a certain Draco Malfoy who had grabbed my wrist.
I looked in his direction and saw how much pain there was in his gaze.
"You, Vic I-" "DON'T CALL ME LIKE THAT!" I interrupted angrily.
"Okay, okay I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you, but I wanted to know what's the matter with you, talk to me, please ..."
I looked down at the floor and tried to hold back tears.
I didn't know what to do now, everything was against me.  My body threatened to break at the slightest touch, I could no longer ...
"Please Victoria speak to me," implored the Ice Prince.
"I-I can't," I managed to say so quietly that I was afraid he didn't understand me, but when he looked at me hurt I knew he had heard me.
"Why not?" He asked me, but I didn't answer.
"What did you do?" He asked me in a trembling voice.
"Too much," I replied, turned around and went to my dormitory.