Chapter 66 ~ The title writes the story

Victoria's pov.

I came to a halt unsteadily.
I had to close my eyes as they weren't used to the light anymore.  It was so bright here and so incredibly hot.
My body only knew the freezing temperatures of Azkaban.
I was in the catacombs of the Ministry of Magic.
After several courses, we came to a halt.  A large, heavy metal door was immediately in front of me and was opened with magic only a few seconds later.
The room was empty.  Only the well-known metal elevator could be seen, which was located in the middle of the room.  Well known because everyone was familiar with the pictures of the prisoner hearings in the Daily Prophet.
I was nudged toward the rust-colored cage and barely managed to keep my balance.
They untied me and put me in the strange-looking contraption.
The small door closed behind me and was magically sealed.
With creaking noises, the cage began to move upwards.
The ground got further and further away until at some point only darkness surrounded me.
I slowly began to hear soft voices.  A few seconds later, I also saw the faces that belonged to those.
The metal cage was moved into a circular room where several hundred people were seated.  The small cell came to a halt in the middle.
I turned around once and recognized the grandstands arranged in a circle.  The room was full of people and everyone was staring at me.  Some frightened, others judgmental or angry.  I let my gaze wander over the crowd and not too far away I stared into emerald green eyes like mine.  Those piercing eyes belonged to none other than my paternal aunt, Elizabeth Lestrange, whom I personally had never met.  I had only seen them in old family photos before.  She had left me just as much--didn't give a damn--as my mother and the rest of my family had.  All I knew was that she had become a blood traitor at a young age, surrounding herself with that mangy mutt named Sirius Black and turning her back on the Lestrange family.
I felt so uncomfortable in my skin.  I got hot and cold at the same time.
The crowd was chattering loudly, making it difficult to follow just one voice.  I looked away from Elizabeth and saw a shock of blond hair in the farthest corner.
I just wanted to get out of here and jump into Draco's arms.  I wanted everything that had happened to be just a nightmare and just waiting to wake up.
But the judge's stern voice brought me back to reality.  I agonizingly turned my back on Draco and stared in the direction the voice had come from.
"Viktoria Elizabeth Lestrange, charged with multiple murders under Voldemort's orders and bearing the Dark Mark on her left forearm.  Do you have any objection?"
I knew that every word could have consequences.  I calmly answered "No" and waited for the next questions.
"Is it true that you murdered several dozen people?" the judge addressed me again and waited.
"Yes." It slipped from my lips.
I actually wanted to say more, but my body wouldn't allow it.
He nodded.
"Were you forced into joining the Death Eaters, or did you do so of your own free will, without anyone else's urging?"
I didn't know what these questions were supposed to do.
"I became part of the Death Eaters when I was a child, you know, as Lestrange my fate was sealed upon my birth."
I knew talking my way out through my family wasn't the best idea, but I didn't know what else would have been appropriate.
Even if you were born into a family, you still had your own life, your own will, your own word.
The questioning went on for what felt like hours until the judge rang out the word "vote."
Now I pricked up my ears again, even though I already knew how it would end.
"Well, everyone who wants a final life sentence, raise your hands," the judge said gravely.  I looked down the rows and counted all the hands that were raised.
At first there were only a few, then there were more and more.
I always knew it was hopeless, but now, when it was made so clear, it felt very different.  It was a lot worse.
I turned sharply to face Draco and saw his head bowed.  He lifted his chin briefly and met my eyes one last time before turning his back on me.
I couldn't breathe and frantically tried to grab that one.
The judge raised his gavel and just before slamming it down on the table, thereby finally announcing the sentence, someone in particular caught the attention of everyone present...

None other than Harry Potter burst into the middle of the hearing.
The judge paused and lowered his arm.
"Stop!" the chosen one shouted and it suddenly became very quiet.
"Before you give your final judgment, I have something to say."
The judge nodded and gave the floor to Harry Potter with a hand gesture.
"Yes, Viktoria Lestrange has done bad things, but hasn't all of us?  It's not her fault that she was born Lestrange.
Nobody can choose their fate.  No one can stand alone against their own family without help.  Yes, like I said, she killed people.  She was to blame for Dumbledore's death...
But she spared me, several times.  She saved my life...
The night the snatchers chased us, she let me go.  She didn't betray me to Voldemort, even though she knew I was.
She wanted to keep me from confronting Voldemort, from sacrificing myself to him.  She wanted everything to end.  During the battle, they shot at their own men.  She tripped several of Voldemort's followers, protecting everyone from him.  She turned against her own mother and did what not everyone would do.  She switched sides, opposed the dark lord and killed her mother.
She killed her mother in front of everyone.  She has decided...”
When Potter ended, I couldn't believe my ears.
He stood up for me...
The judge shook his head in perplexity and managed to mouth the word "vote" again.
"Who is in favor of reversing Miss Lestrange's conviction and setting her free?"
I bit my lip and kneaded my fingers.  I didn't know what to expect.  When the first of those present raised their hands, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
More and more hands went up.  I turned around once and saw that almost all hands were raised.
I jerked my body in the judge's direction and waited.
He raised the hammer and banged it on the table.  "The conviction is dropped!"
I exhaled in relief.
The cage door slowly opened.
I stepped out and was overwhelmed.  My eyes searched the crowd for a shock of blonde hair.  However, I couldn't see him anywhere until I could make out his voice behind me.
He pushed his way through the crowd.
I ran towards him and jumped into his arms.
He hugged me tightly and kissed me with joy.
I didn't let go of him and a few tears of relief rolled down my cheeks.
Draco pushed me a little and looked into my eyes.  He placed his lips on mine one more time until he pulled away from me and looked at a person standing behind me.
I turned and could see the golden trio in front of me.
"Why did you do that?" I asked the chosen one.
"Because it had to be done..."
I pulled away from Draco and approached Potter.
I hugged him and whispered softly, "Thanks, Pott-, Harry..."