Chapter 7 ~ The Eternal Darkness, that Eternal Nothing.

Victorias Pov.

It was quiet, it was cold, I was cold, it was dark, my eyes saw nothing but the deepest blackness.
My body stiff like a corpse and just as cold.
I felt nothing, it felt like the eternal darkness, that eternal nothing.
But I assumed voices, but who they belonged to, I couldn't tell, I couldn't assign them to anyone.
Steps, I heard several steps, they came closer.
I didn't know what happened.
I didn't remember anything.
Silence.

Nothing, nothing at all, the steps were gone again, as were the voices.
What should I do?
So many questions and no answers ...
I wanted to scream as loud as I can, but no sound left my lips.
But instead of the iron cold, I felt a spark of warmth on my hand.  It came from my right hand.
I heard a voice but couldn't identify it.
I couldn't understand what the voice was saying either.  It was like a veil was on me.
I felt a warm, disgusting-tasting liquid trickle down my throat.
The warmth in my throat became more intense, it flowed through my veins, through my vessels, into my limbs.
The warmth, almost heat, kept flowing, it warmed my whole body from the inside, it was almost no longer just warm, no, it was indescribably hot.
It was almost unbearable, it now felt as if my body was on fire and then the energy that flowed through my whole body reached my heart.
It beat and throbbed blood in all vessels and veins.
The pounding was so loud that I could hear it in my ears.
But I still couldn't see anything, nothing but deep blackness.
The throbbing subsided a little and I could hear the voice again, which had been heard before.
I could attribute the voice to Draco Malfoy.
He spoke to me, but I couldn't understand what was said.
I had to concentrate hard to understand at least something.
"Vik, please wake up, we need you ... I need you.
Please Victoria, if you can hear me, then give me a sign, even if it's a tiny little one.
I fucking need you, I know you're still there, don't leave me, I won't survive, you mean too much to me.
Vik please .... I-I-I-love you ... "

I was totally overwhelmed with the situation.
With the knowledge that someone loved me.
That someone could love me.
Suddenly I feel something wet on the back of my right hand.
And heard his voice again, but now quieter.  It was almost a whisper.
"Please Victoria, wake up, I need you, I have nobody but you, my family is not interested in me anyway.
I want to tell you personally how much you mean to me, and while I already know the answer, I have hope that you will feel the same ".

Malfoy.  He was crying because of me.
I felt extremely sorry for him.
I didn't want to see him suffer.
I couldn't stand it when he cried.
In the last few weeks, a lot had changed.
I was starting to worry about Draco.
And I knew that I was going to fight.
I knew that I would do anything to make sure nothing happened to him.
He loved me.
He meant something to me too, but I couldn't say what exactly.
I just knew he hadn't gotten out of my head since day one, that school year at Hogwarts.

My strength returned little by little, I struggled with myself inside.
I wanted to open my eyes, but they were heavy as lead.
He squeezed my hand in his and I returned the pressure of our hands.
I wanted to say something, but no sound left my lips ...

Draco, having noticed my light handshake, suddenly let go of my hand and stood up.
"Madame Pomfrey, Victoria, she squeezed my hand, just now."
I heard her shoes stumble as she paced up and down the room.
I had to be in the hospital at Hogwarts.
Suddenly I tasted a disgusting brew on my lips again.  It flowed down my throat, taking away any feeling of heaviness.  The feeling of lead on my eyelids was gone.
I tried to open my eyes and I succeeded straight away.
I widened my eyes, but had to close them again because I hadn't expected this brightness.
On the second try, I was prepared and opened my eyes.  At first only a crack and then completely.

At first I saw everything blurry and had a hell of a headache.
I looked around and looked into those gray eyes.  I tried to sit up but slumped back into the pillow, moaning in pain.
I felt dizzy and every muscle ached, every breath burned my lungs and my throat felt like I hadn't had water in ages.
My face contorted with pain, I looked Madame Pomfrey in the eye, apparently she could read my gaze correctly and gave me a potion for the pain.  The potion eased the pain, but it made me tired.
I turned right and looked into Draco's beautiful eyes.
My eyelids got heavier and heavier and Draco started to leave the room, but I grabbed his wrist with the last of my strength and said in a harsh, barely audible voice.
“Can you stay, Draco? Please."

When I called him Draco and not Malfoy, a slight grin crept onto his pale face.
He nodded to my question and sank into the chair next to my bed, but he didn't let go of my hand.