Chapter 11 ~ Fear as a constant companion

Victoria Pov.

Friday, the day that most students loved because it is the shortest day of the week, lessons only last until 12:00 and then just doing nothing, enjoying your free time.
Sometimes we are also allowed to go to Hogsmeade on Fridays, as we do today, and that's why all the students who are in the 3rd grade sit jittery in their seats.  For the older ones among us, it is nothing special to go to the small wizard and witch village and yet even the 7th grade students are still looking forward to Hogsmeade.
I was in my last lesson, Transfiguration, with Professor McGonagall.
It was boring as always
That was the advantage of having a pureblood family, because you can usually get the material 1 year in advance and you were always ahead of the others.
The lesson was almost over, our transformation teacher only gave us the homework that we should start with for the rest of the lesson.
Draco, who was sitting next to me, pushed a little piece of paper over to me that said ..

"We should start this soon -
finding the Vanishing Cabinet.  I already have an idea where we could look, just wait for me in front of the classroom. "

As if on cue, Professor McGonagall finished class and we were allowed to leave.
Outside, Draco was waiting impatiently.  He leaned casually against the cold wall and a strand of hair hung in his face.  I had to say, he already looked good.  No question.
But as I said, the task has first priority.
“So where should we start looking?  The castle is extremely big.  The Vanishing Cabinet could be anywhere.”
He started grinning and took my wrist, "Relax Vic, I'm 80% sure we'll find it there, so come on."
I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "Don't call me Vic, you know very well that I can't stand it!"
But Draco ignored me and dragged me through what felt like a hundred corridors until we came to a stop in front of a tapestry.
It was the carpet on which "Barnabas the Barmy" was depicted.
Draco, who noticed my suspicious look, could only laugh and shake his head.
He let go of my wrist and walked up and down the opposite wall exactly 3 times and suddenly a large door made of heavy dark wood appeared.
At first I was so taken by surprise that I just stood still, and only realized everything again when Draco carefully took my hand again and walked into the room with me.

It started to tingle right where Draco was holding me.
He really meant something to me, but what exactly I couldn't say.
The only thing I knew was that I had never felt anything like it before.  That feeling of never wanting to let go of Draco again, just wanting to look him in his eyes, forgetting time and forever.  It wouldn't let go of me.
As I pushed my thoughts aside, I saw this room, it was filled to the ceiling, full of junk.
"Draco, what kind of room is this." I asked him confused.
He turned to me, "My dear Vic, this is the room of Requirement "also known as" the here and there room, it appears when you need something urgent, as in our case, that means that vanishing cabinet is hidden somewhere here under this junk. "
I was speechless, I had already read about the "Room of Requirement" in the "History of Hogwarts", but it was written that it was supposed to be a myth, but now that I was in the room myself, I was able to refute.
We made our way through the boxes, chairs, tables, books and other junk.
I had long since lost my sense of time, whether it was only 20 minutes or hours that we were wandering around here, I couldn't tell.  Draco went ahead the whole time until he suddenly stopped and I ran right into him.
He only commented on this with an amused grin, which made me smile too.
And then I saw it, the Vanishing Cabinet.
It was right in front of us, but unfortunately it didn't work.
We tried every damn spell we knew, including the books lying around, we searched for useful information, nothing.
We tried everything, really everything.
I spoke all the spells I knew
All that I've read somewhere.
All I've heard someone say
Still it didn’t work.
My constant companion was the fear of what could happen if we didn't manage to fix the Vanishing Cabinet.
When we fail to do our job.
If the dark lord found out.
What am I kidding myself, of course the dark lord would find out.
In fact, he would probably be the first.
He would surely torture us for hours, maybe even days, and only when he thinks it is enough he would kill us.
The idea was cruel.
Would there really be a war between good and bad?
Which side will I fight on?
I will have to fight on the evil side, the side of the Death Eaters and the Dark Lord.
Next to my parents and Draco.
But what if I don't want that.
It was real hair pulling.

I tried one last spell that came to mind.
Unsuccessful.
It sucked, now we had finally found it and then all that was missing was only one spell that should make it work again ...