Chapter 12 ~ What If It Comes To A Fight?

Victorias Pov.

Completely exhausted, we sat down on one of the old sofas.
It was dark red with black cushions, all in all a comfortable sofa, despite the hideous color of red.
I could see through a window that the sun was already setting.  The sun bathed the old, crowded room in a calming atmosphere.
Quite unconsciously, I rested my head on Draco's shoulder, which didn't seem to bother him.  On the contrary, that grin he had put on since we entered the room was still on his lips.

When I was about to get up, Draco pulled my wrist und put me onto his lap.  I felt my face flush and turned away if it hadn't been for Draco's hand on my cheek, forcing me to look at him.
As usual, we looked each other in the eye, his gray eyes didn't shine as they usually did when we were out and about, in class or in the great hall this certain coldness, but this warmth, this sparkle that only shows up when he looks at me.
We unconsciously came closer, his breath tickled my lips, we were only a few millimeters apart, which this time I bridged.
His soft, cold lips touched mine.
His hands rested on my hips and mine I buried in his hair, which made him smile into the kiss.
When we broke up after a while, we looked each other in the eyes again, a silence broke over us, which Draco broke shortly afterwards. "I know what we said Victoria, but I love you and I always will, but  I don't want to let the dark lord get me down.  I don't want to wait, I don't want to wait for feelings that might go away or when a war really does break out.  I do not want to lose you.  I love you and I want to be able to have you by my side forever and not have to suppress the need to be close. "
I sighed but then had to smile and said, "I love you too, Draco, and I fully understand this.  I don't want to hide from myself anymore, have to hide from you, but it would be better to keep it a secret for the time being. "
He kissed me again in response.
“Maybe we should make our way back to the common room.
It's getting late", I said to Draco.
I tried to get up, but was stopped by the ice prince by holding my hand.
"But it's so far to the common room and most of all it's already bed rest, we can sleep here too," he said to me and pulled me closer so that his strong arms hugged me tightly.
I lay down next to him on the sofa and suppressed a tired yawn.
Draco put an arm around me and I fell asleep shortly afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dark, I don't know where I am, I heard screaming everywhere, loud noises.
It sounded like large boulders crashing rough on the ground.
But I didn't see anything.
I just had to hear those bloodcurdling screams.
Suddenly, green and red lights came from all over the place.
It got light and then dark again, like lightning briefly illuminating the sky.
I was on a battlefield that resembled Hogwarts.  After the lights lit everything again, I could say for sure that this battlefield was really Hogwarts and the lights were magic, they hit innocent students who then went down.
I looked down at myself to find that I was wearing the Death Eater cloak and that the mask was covering my face.
"Draco, where are you?" I yelled over the sounds of fighting.
I wandered through the whole school and had to dodge "shock spells" that would otherwise have hit me.
I ran as fast as I could and kept calling his name, but he never answered.
I was desperate when a Death Eater grabbed me from behind, I was about to fire a curse at him, but when I realized who was holding me there I relaxed.
It was Draco.

I jerked around, pushed our masks aside, and kissed Draco stormily, he smiled in relief and kissed him back.
When we broke up, put our masks back on, the fight began.
We always stayed side by side, gave each other our backing and saved each other's lives.
It was getting dark outside.
But now we were trapped.
We stood in the middle of a circle, the Aurors and the members of the "Order of the Phoenix" had surrounded us.
They fired spells and curses at us that we all devalue.  We eliminated a good half of our attackers, but the rest didn't give up.
In a moment of inattention it happened ...

A green light came towards us.
I shouted.
The first curse hit Draco.
I cried and fell on my knees in front of him and then everything went black ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up screaming.
Draco.
I turned 180 degrees to make sure he was okay.
There he sat and looked at me carefully.
I wiped the sweat from my forehead, "Victoria are you okay?" I shivered and answered shortly, "Was just a nightmare."
I lay down again and turned to the right.
After a few minutes I could make out Draco's even breathing.
He slept.
On my part, however, I could no longer think of sleep.

What if it comes to a fight.  What if we don't survive this?