Chapter 6 ~ I was paralyzed, there was nothing I could do.

I was just doing my homework for tomorrow, the common room was deserted, which was understandable because the students wanted to enjoy the warm September weather and everyone wanted to spend their free time outside in the school yard, by the lake or on the Hogwarts grounds.
And suddenly out of nowhere, my mark started to burn, that didn't mean anything good.
The dark lord called us.
As if stung by the tarantula, I jumped up and ran to the Apparation line on the grounds.
I can't keep the lord waiting.
When I got to the border, I apparated to Malfoy Manor, where the meetings always took place.
I then entered the great hall in which the dark lord was always waiting for us.
Now the time had come the Slytherin Ice Prince would now find out that I am also a follower of the Lord.
I didn't think about it for long and pushed open the huge door, all eyes turned on me.
That of my mother, that of the Dark Lord, that of the other Death Eaters and among them I recognized his hydrogen-blonde hair.
He looked at me with disbelief.
I sat in the vacant chair next to my mother and listened to the conversation of the dark lord and some other Death Eaters.  I let my gaze wander through the rows and recognized the face of my Defense Against the Dark Arts professor among all the unfamiliar faces.  The monotonous face of Severus Snape, but somehow I could guess that he was one of them and thus had sworn eternal allegiance to the dark lord.
So I turned my attention back to the Lord, who then spoke to me, "My dear Victoria, get up and come to me."
I tried not to appear afraid and insecure and, despite soft knees, walked slowly towards the lord.
I stopped about two meters in front of him and looked at the ground.
I was scared, yes, I was terrified, because you don't know what he's capable of.
"Now, my dear Victoria, how is your task going, have you made any progress?"
I didn't know what to tell him, something like "No my lord I haven't even started" wouldn't have been so appropriate.  I had to improvise.
“Well my lord, unfortunately I haven't made any great progress.  Until now I have been busy studying books and jotting down everything that is of importance "
The dark lord paced impatiently in front of me, seeming to be considering.
"And what about the vanishing cabinet, have you already found the fault why it doesn't work?"
Damned....
I didn't know what to do next, I let my gaze wander through the rows and noticed that almost everyone was watching us curiously.
I looked to Professor Snape for help, but he looked away as if he knew what was coming ...

And there it was, the cruel pain I had felt enough times.  It hit me directly in the neck because I had turned away from Voldemort and he didn't approve of it, but the power of the dark lord was much stronger than that of my mother and thus the pain was unbearable.
When he let go of me for a moment, I pushed myself to my feet again and looked the dark lord in the eye.  They radiated nothing but malice.
He screwed up his eyes and I hissed a snake-like sound: "I KNOW THAT YOU ARE INCAPPABLE.  YOU ARE A SHAME FOR BEING A LESTRANGE !!! "
I looked at the floor and waited again for the cruel pain.
"Crucio!"
I screamed, it hurt so badly, but I didn't want to appear weak and this time I tried to stay on my feet and I didn't scream anymore either.
It stopped.
"I-I'm sorry my L-lord, I'll do all I can, but there is no spell that can fix the cabinet."
My voice was trembling because my body was still flooded with electronic impulses.
Voldemort grinned, "Of course there is a spell that does that ..." but I cut him off.
"No, it doesn't exist, at least I haven't found it yet !!!"
I knew it was going too far this time.
I looked in the direction of the other Death Eaters, many looking shocked.  Some had lowered their heads on the table.
And Draco, well, he looked scared into my eyes.
Everyone knew what was going to happen now.
I looked at the dark lord again.
I wish I hadn't done this.
He was seething with anger.
His whole body was tense.
This time it was worse than before.
He put all his anger into torture.
It felt like my body was on fire.
As if single needle sticks were boring all over my body.
As if all bones were breaking and splintering.
It was horrible and I only wished for death that would put an end to all of this pain.
I screamed, fell on my knees.
I had lost control of my own body.
Individual black spots danced in front of my eyes.
I fell on my back but doubled over and my whole body spasmed.
I was paralyzed, there was nothing I could do.
Individual impulses shook my body.
I couldn't scream anymore, so it went very quiet.
The black spots got bigger and bigger and I felt dizzy and sick.
Then the Dark Lord let go of me and disapparated.  His followers followed him.
I lay there, unable to move.
I fell on my back and my head tilted to the left.
Through my blurry vision, I could see Draco and Professor Snape running towards me, fast, frantic and worried.
The last thing I saw was when Draco picked me up and I collapsed in his arms ...