Chapter 10 ~ Will either of us be a murderer at the end of the school year?

Viktoria Pov.

It was the end of October now, and I hadn't spoken a word to Draco since the incident and the kiss.
What is he actually thinking of?
I mean our life is complicated enough at the moment and there is simply no place for feelings.
I saw Draco every day, but avoided any conversation, and even when I saw him in the hallways, I quickly changed direction, which had worked well for about 2 weeks, until our Head of House, Professor Snape, ordered us at 7:00 p.m. to his office.

It was a rainy Thursday and I had just under 2 hours before the meeting at Snape's, so I decided to go to the Slytherin common room for the time being.
There I let myself fall into one of the green sofas that faced the fireplace and for that reason I hadn't noticed how Zabini and Draco sat down next to and across from me.
I looked up from my book for VgddK and looked annoyed.
"Vik, why are you so distancing yourself from us, did we do something that made you feel like you were in the 2nd and 3rd grade?", Asked Zabini, visibly disappointed and dejected

"Flashback 2nd school year"

School had just started again and we arrived yesterday on the Hogwarts Express.
Now I was sitting here in the Slytherin common room, staring into the green flames of the fireplace, which cast the room in a dark light.
Back then I always preferred to be alone, as a loner it was just easier, you didn't have to be considerate of others, but that was to change that day ...

Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini came up to me, both graced with nasty grins that couldn't mean anything good.
But it didn't work that way, they both just sat down next to me and began to make friends with me.
Unfortunately, it didn't get any less, if not worse, they literally chased me, hung on the tip of my skirt and always sat next to me in class, in the great hall or in the common room.

At some point it developed into a routine and I had to admit that it would have been extremely boring without these idiots, of course I didn't tell them that, but I had to say that I had found my friends in them.
Until that day, I just know that it must have been sometime during the Easter break.  Draco's parents Draco and I went to one of those pureblood balls.
The ball went without a hitch on my part but that was about to change because when we got back to Malfoy Manor Lucius Malfoy got very pissed off for some reason, I couldn't understand why but he blamed me for it, there must be something on the ball  happened and he just needed a scapegoat.
Unfortunately, this one was me.  He tortured me for no real reason, my 12 year old. I screamed my heart out, but no one helped me.  No one.
No Draco, although I thought he was my friend and also not Narcissa, Draco's mother, came to my aid.
I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
When Lucius vented, he just left me in the hall and because I couldn't get up on my own, I fell asleep on the dirty floor.
Since that incident, I had lost all confidence in Draco.
Because of that evening I distanced myself again and became a loner again at Hogwarts.
I stayed there for the rest of the year, but at some point and somehow the two idiots managed to rebuild the friendship with me at the beginning of the third year of school, but it was never like before, that trust was broken ...

"Flashback end"

At first I didn't respond to Zabini's questions as I was still reminiscing.
So he asked again, but this time a little stricter and more emphatically, "Victoria, what's wrong with you, have we done anything?"
They hadn't really done anything wrong, Zabini was the least likely to have done anything for the situation, but I just couldn't look at Draco after the kiss and his admission that he had feelings for me.

I couldn't cope with someone giving me their love.
It was probably because I didn't know it any other way
I had to jump over my shadow and let this childish fuss be around.
After all, Draco and I have a task to accomplish that is the highest priority.
I summoned up all my strength and answered him, “You can't help it, I just needed some distance from everything, and you belonged there too.  I know it wasn't nice of me, but I really needed it, and no, Zabini, I'm not distancing myself again, Merlin, it's difficult for me now, but ...
Yeah, okay, I need you two idiots, it would be pretty boring without you guys, I hope you don't hold it against me. "

And again that typical Malfoy and Zabini grin stole into the faces of my friends.
I also had to suppress a grin.
To which Draco said, still grinning, "Oh Vic, that was really touching, to hear something like that from your mouth means a lot to us."
"And of course we don't hold it against you, because we need you too, you are our best friend.", Zabini continued.
We all laughed at that.

After we had caught up again, I looked at the clock and jumped up, it was 6:55 pm.
"Draco we have to be in Professor Snape office in 5 minutes, come on, hurry up, ”I ordered him with a little force.
He jumped up from the sofa too and so we took the quickest route to Snape's office.
At 7:00 p.m, I knocked on the door of his office.
When we heard a muffled "Come in", we opened the door and went inside.
With a wave of his hand he indicated that we should sit down, which we then did.
At first there was an overwhelming silence until I broke them "Why did you call us here, Professor?"
“I know your job, I don't know where to find the Vanishing Cabinet or how it can be repaired, but you should hurry up anyway, the dark lord doesn't like to wait.
With your second part of the task, I would like to offer you my help, killing a person is something that haunts you for a lifetime.
Most of all, this concerns you, Draco.
I would make myself available, and would take over this part if I have to, it would of course be understandable, because killing Albus Dumbledore, one of the most powerful magician and using one of the unforgivable curses, is a difficult task for a person your age.
So if something should happen, you can both come to me at any time, you know where to find me, you can go now. "
When he finished, he turned his back on us and went to the other corner of his office.

Of course we didn't have to be told twice, because we literally ran out of the professor's office.
On the way back to the common room, Draco said, "I'm sorry Victoria, if I did something wrong, the kiss was a mistake, sorry, but you still mean more to me than you should."
“I really understand you.
I am not aware of my own feelings.
But I think that it would be better not to have any feelings for the other at the moment, because if the dark lord should find out, then he would have some leverage against us and that would not be good at all.

Draco nodded in response.
"My feelings towards you will never go away, I love you Vic" whispered the Ice Prince before disappearing into his dormitory.
I went to my dorm, confused and tired.
All of my roommates were asleep, how long were we gone?
I went to bed, but sleep was out of the question, on the contrary.
A thought didn't let me go ...

At the end of the year, will one of us be a murderer .....?