Chapter 38 ~ Two cruel people fit like a glove...

Victoria's Pov.

"Hey Vik, wait a minute!", I heard the Ice Prince's voice behind me and slowed my pace only slightly.
I had just emerged from Dumbledore's office and was about to head to the Slytherin common room, but was stopped by a curious Draco Malfoy.
He started running and caught up with me.
I stubbornly continued on my way and directed my gaze to the corridor in front of me.
"What did Professor McGonagall want from you?" Draco demanded out of breath, underlining his question with a questioning and expectant expression on his face.
"She brought me to Dumbledore," I reply shortly, earning a shake of the head from him, as he must have been expecting more information.
He exhaled loudly and gave me a look that was not easy to interpret.
"Viktoria, what you've told me makes me feel like I was there myself!" said young Malfoy sarcastically, but then went on.
"And what did Dumbledore want from you?
He didn't find out anything, did he?"
"No, he didn't find out anything.  He has no idea.
I don't know myself exactly what he wanted from me.
He told me an old Viking story and then let me go.
That's it.”, I finished my lecture and turned right into the next corridor.
"Now wait, why are you in such a hurry?
I have to tell you something!” Draco said seriously, stopping me by grabbing my shoulder and turning me to face him.
"And what?" I asked him, a hint of interest in my voice.
"You do know that I wrote my mother a letter to tell her the disappearance cabinet was operational, right?" he said in fast forward.
I nodded and waited for him to continue.
"She delivered the message to the Dark Lord.
Exactly in a week it will happen.
The Death Eaters will be waiting in the Vanishing Cabinet after sundown for us to get them.
In a week, the most powerful wizard alive will be dead.” the Ice Prince finished, waiting for my reaction.
"And how did the Dark Lord envision the process?" I asked, turning to Draco, tapping my chin with my finger.
"Well, Snape meant that Dumbledore would be away that day, so when he comes back we can catch him at the Astronomy Tower.
Long story short.
It's going to happen on top of the Astronomy Tower." Young Malfoy said seriously, looking at me with a little panic in his eyes.
"Okay, then so be it." I said monotonously and took him in my arms.
"Oh, what am I looking at, so Death Eaters are still capable of showing affection and affection after all." I heard Harry Potter's provocative voice behind me and I felt Draco instantly tense in my arms.
I pulled away from him and turned to the golden trio that just appeared in the hallway.
I clenched my fists and had trouble controlling myself.
"No no Harry, you're wrong.  They only show affection for each other.
I mean, two cruel people are a perfect match.” Ron Weasley hypocritically laughed, stepping up to Potter's side.
"Watch what you say Weasley!" Draco raised his voice beside me and reached for his wand, but I stopped him by grabbing his arm and holding it.
"Don't!" I whispered roughly, shaking my head almost imperceptibly.
"What's the matter, Malfoy, are you taking orders from your little friend?" Potter sneered, seeming to be feeling particularly good.
Draco snorted loudly, slapped my hand away and stepped menacingly towards Potter.
He stopped a few centimeters in front of him and angrily looked down at the chosen one.
Beside him, Weasley puffed out to his full height, trying to appear more menacing next to Potter.
Which honestly failed miserably.
"You better watch out Harry, you don't know what he and Lestrange are capable of.
After Katie Bell and Ron, they're probably going to try to kill you next!” Granger raised her know-it-all voice and put her arms on her waist.
"Don't worry Granger, Potter is reserved for the Dark Lord.  We won't harm him." I joked, laughing as I walked towards the assembled group.
"Oh, the dark lord then?  Only his followers call him the Dark Lord." Weasley threw around, grinning smugly.
"You have to prove that first!" I countered, glaring at him aggressively, crossing my arms and blowing a curl out of my face.
"That's obvious, I hope your father rots in Azkaban, Malfoy!" Potter raised his voice, but didn't break eye contact with Draco.
"Watch what you say!" the Ice Prince snapped angrily, clenching his hands into fists.
Granger gasped, realizing how serious Draco was.
He was furious, out of control, and seemed to be already creating a plan for Potter's assassination in his head.
"What's the matter, Malfoy?  Do you want to kill Harry with your bare hands?” the redhead mocked hypocritically, but was interrupted by his best friend.
"No Ron, Malfoy doesn't have the guts for it, but I bet Lestrange wouldn't be afraid to kill someone.
Which without question would be nothing reprehensible as the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange.”, he brought the last straw.
Without warning, Draco's clenched fist landed in Potter's face, releasing a crack.
The same now wanted to attack young Malfoy, but was held back by Granger and Weasley.
I also tried with all my might to keep Draco from hitting the chosen one in the face again.
Potter held his bleeding nose and Draco shook his aching right hand.
"Mr.  Potter, Mr. Malfoy.” I heard the monotonous voice of our Head of House, who had just appeared in the hallway.
He was followed by Minerva McGonagall, who also seemed less than pleased.
"Severus, what's going on here?" she asked her colleague angrily.
"Well, it seems to me that there was a disagreement between Potter and Mr. Malfoy," Snape assessed the situation, hitting the mark.
"Mr.  Potter is that true?” the pointed-hatted Transfiguration teacher asked Potter, only giving Draco an indignant look.
"Yes, Professor McGonagall," McGonagall admitted sheepishly, still holding his sore nose.
"Well, 50 points off both of you!" the Transfiguration teacher said, still annoyed, and got an approving nod from Snape.
"Mr.  Potter, you should go to the hospital wing.
Same goes for you Mr Malfoy!”  McGonagall finished her lecture and turned on her heel.
Severus Snape went in the opposite direction and eventually turned down another hallway.
"Be careful, Potter," Draco advised, taking my hand and leaving the golden trio cold.