Chapter 49 ~ Do you feel the anger of the dark lord...?

Victoria's Pov.

I had just got back to the stairs when a bloodcurdling scream rang out.
One thing was for sure, my mother tortured Granger.
"Hermione!" Weasley yelled, shaking the bars where Potter had been standing before.
I ignored him and walked back into the drawing room.
When I re-entered the living room, I saw Granger lying on the floor screaming her heart out.
My mother knelt over her and scratched her forearm.
"Where did you get that sword?" she shrieked hysterically.
The muggle-born just shook her head in agony and continued to scream.
My mother fired another bolt of red lightning at Granger, who was writhing on the floor, gasping.
"What else did you take with you, what else?  ANSWER ME!  CRUCIO!”
Granger's screams echoed off the walls.
"How did you get into my dungeon?  Did that filthy goblin help you guys down in the basement?” my mother yelled, not letting go of the Muggle-born.
"We've never been to her dungeon...it's not the real sword!  It's a copy, just a copy!” Hermione Granger sobbed, closing her eyes in agony.
"A copy?" my mother shrieked.
"Oh, and am I supposed to believe that?"
"But we can easily tell!" Lucius's voice sounded.
"Viktoria, get the goblin, he can tell us if the sword is real or not!" Draco's father turned to me.
Turning my back on the scene, I ran back down the stairs and opened the heavy metal door.
"Withdraw.  Stand in a line against the wall.
Don't even try anything, or I'll kill you!" I snapped into the small room, aiming my staff at the prisoners.
I stepped into the room, grabbed the goblin by the arm, dragged him out of the basement, and violently pushed him up the stairs.
As I pushed the goblin into the living room, I realized that Granger had fallen silent and was lying motionless on the floor.
I turned away from the prone figure and stood next to Draco.
He was shaking all over and looked at me with scared eyes.
I grabbed his hand again and squeezed it briefly.
"What was that?" Lucius Malfoy called out over our heads.
"Did you hear that, what was that noise in the basement?"
I was about to head back down to the basement when Lucius stopped me.
"Viktoria - no, call Wormtail!  Let him go and see!” the master of the house ordered and sent Pettigrew into the cellar.
I went back to Draco's side and continued to watch the spectacle.
"What's wrong, Wormtail?" Draco's father called to Peter, who had made his way to the basement a few seconds earlier.
"Nothing!"
...
"Everything alright!" he called from the basement.
His voice sounded different to me, but I didn't think about it and turned to my mother.
"Well?" she said to Griphook.
"Is it the real sword?"
"No, it's a fake," the goblin replied curtly.
"Are you sure?" my mother gasped.
"Certainly?"
"Yes," Griphook said tersely, his voice shaking.
Relief came to her face, all tension drained from it.
"Good," she said in a disguised voice.
With a casual flick of her wand, she slashed another deep gash across the goblin's face, who collapsed screaming at her feet.
She pushed him aside.
"Now, let's summon the Dark Lord!" she said in a voice most triumphant.
She pushed up her sleeve and touched the Dark Mark with her index finger.
"And I believe," came my mother's voice.
"we can clean up the Mudblood.  Greyback, take her if you want her."
"NOEEEEEE!" came a yell from the basement stairway and Weasley and Potter stormed into the drawing room.
Startled, my mother turned and pointed her wand at the Weasley boy.
"Expelliarmus!" he roared, Wormtail's wand aimed at my mother and her own flying through the air and being caught by Potter, who had been running after Ron.
Lucius, Narcissa, Greyback, Draco and I spun around.
"Stupefy!" the chosen one yelled, hitting Lucius Malfoy square in the chest, who collapsed next to the fireplace.
Flashes of light erupted from Narcissa's, Greyback's, Draco's, and my wand.
Potter threw himself to the ground and rolled behind a sofa to avoid the flashes of light.
"STOP OR SHE DIES!" my mother shrieked hysterically, supporting Granger, who seemed unconscious, and holding her dagger to her throat.
"Drop your wands," she whispered.
"Drop her or we'll see exactly how dirty her blood is!"
The chosen one straightened, but continued to grip the staff tightly in his hand.
"I said drop her!" she shrieked, pressing the blade into Granger's throat, spurting a few drops of blood.
"All right!" Potter yelled, dropping my mother's wand to the floor at his feet.
Weasley did the same with Wormtail's wand and they both raised their hands to shoulder level.
"Good!" my mother said with a malicious grin.
"Draco, pick them up!  The dark lord is on his way, Harry Potter!
Your death is near!"
"Well," she said quietly as Draco hurried back with the wands.
"Zissy, I think we should tie these little heroes back up while Greyback takes care of Miss Mudblood here.  I'm sure the dark lord won't begrudge you that girl, Greyback, after everything you've done tonight.” My mother raised her voice again and dropped Granger carelessly to the floor.
On the last word, a strange noise came from upstairs, so I looked up and just saw the crystal chandelier tremble and fall with a squeak and ominous tinkle.
My mother was standing right below him and threw herself aside, screaming.
The chandelier crashed to the ground with an explosion of crystal and chains, falling on top of Granger and the goblin, who was still holding Gryffindor's sword.
Glittering shards of crystal flew in all directions.
I doubled over and covered my bloody face with my hands.
Then everything happened very quickly.
The Weasley boy ran to pull Granger out of the rubble while Potter jumped over the armchair and snatched the three wands from Draco's grip and pointed them all at Greyback and shouted, "Stupefy!"
The triple spell knocked the werewolf off his feet.
He flew onto the ceiling and then hit the floor hard.
As Narcissa pulled her son away to protect him from further harm, my mother jumped up, hair flying, brandishing her silver dagger.
I had my wand pointed at the door and recognized Dobby, the former Malfoy house elf.
My mother froze.
"You!  You brought down the chandelier?” she shrieked in a shrill voice.
"You mustn't hurt Harry Potter." The house-elf squeaked.
"Kill him, Victoria!" my mother turned to me, but my wand was snatched from my hand with a loud crack.
He flew through the air and landed on the other side of the room.
"How dare you pick up a witch's wand, how dare you defy your masters?!" my mother snarled maliciously, narrowing her eyes.
"Dobby has no master!  Dobby is a free elf and has come to save Harry Potter and his friends.” he squeaked again.
The chosen one tossed the sword of Gryffindor to the Weasley boy and pulled the groaning goblin out of the rubble before grabbing the house-elf's hand and Disapparating.
Just as they were about to vanish into thin air, my mother threw her silver dagger at the last moment, which vanished along with the chosen one and entourage.
Suddenly there was silence.
The Dark Lord was on his way and Potter had fled.
This would not end well for anyone.
With a pop, the dark lord appeared in his fearsome form, and seemed less than pleased at his arrival.
"Why did you summon me!" the dark lord yelled in a hissing voice, aiming his wand at everyone present in turn.
"Harry Potter.  He was here.  He escaped." my mother raised her voice and then cried out in horror as the red flash hit her square in the chest.
"YOU LET HIM ESCAPE?" the Dark Lord yelled hoarsely, leveling the red bolt of lightning at Draco, who fell to the ground beside me screaming.
When he let go of the Ice Prince and aimed at me, I closed my eyes.
The Cruciatus curse hit me in the chest.
I gasped.
My whole body seemed to be on fire.
Each of my bones made a cracking sound.
Every muscle in my body bucked against the immense tension unleashed by the Cruciatus curse.
I tipped over and felt the Dark Lord's intense anger.
The pain kept coming in waves and felt like hundreds of knife wounds at the same time.
The other sounds came muffled to me and the pain lessened as more and more black smudges blocked my sight, I was pulled into a comfortable blackness and lay unconscious on the floor of Malfoy Manor.