Chapter 21 ~ A drop of love is more than an ocean of mind

Victoria's Pov.

I don't know how long we sat on the cold bathroom floor.  It must have been an eternity in which Draco just held me in his arms and wouldn't let go.
Again and again he stroked my back.  He thought it would calm me down, but his mere presence was enough for me.
He exuded a certain calm, although I knew that he was probably just as bad as I was, he tried to do everything to make me feel better.
Even though the situation was so shitty, I didn't cry, not a single tear left my eyes.
I had shown enough weakness lately.
But that will change now.
If war breaks out, only the strongest will survive and I will be one of them.
"Are you okay again?" Asked the Ice Prince, pushing me a little away from him to look into my eyes and waiting for an answer from me.
"Yes, everything's okay, I'm fine," I uttered monotonously.
I suddenly changed when I noticed how cold it was to get this across.
I broke out of the embrace and stood up, a faint, painful groan escaping.
I felt every one of my muscles as I stretched and leaned against the wall.
"What happened?  Who did this to you? "Draco growled as he saw my bruises and wounds up close, since he had also got up and stood in front of me.
"Is that important?" I asked him disinterestedly and gave a sigh.
“It doesn't matter who it was.  It happened. ", I added casually and slowly opened the bathroom door.
I actually expected everyone to be asleep, but when I entered the room, all the lights were on and my roommates were all sitting on their beds, waiting.
It pissed me off to see that now, once I had shown weakness, everyone was interested in me, but had never really exchanged a nice word with me before either.
When they saw me, they all jumped up at the same time.
"Victoria, what happened to you?", Parkinson asked me, visibly worried.
I wrinkled my nose, rolled my eyes in annoyance, and answered her viciously: “I don't know what this has to do with you, Parkinson's.  All of you have never given a damn about me, you never wanted to know how I was doing, you never exchanged a nice word with me and now that I've shown weakness you are interested in me.
Believe me, I can do without that! ".
Everyone looked at me with shocked faces, but I ignored them and went to my bed, drew the curtains and fell asleep.  I had to at least have had a little rest tomorrow, because tomorrow the Quidditsch game, Slytherin versus Gryffindor, is due.

When I woke up the next morning, I immediately made my way to the great hall, since, as always on a Quiddit game day, all the teams sat together to go over the tactics and maneuvers, it was not particularly loud in the great hall  .
As always, I didn't eat much and after 15 minutes we made our way to the Quidditschfield.
We went to the locker room.  "Guys, if we play like we did in our last training session, nothing can happen to us," said Urquhart, our captain and hunter of the Slytherin team.
"I think so too," said Draco, putting on his protective clothing. "Well then, to a victory!". We clapped each other, grabbed our brooms and stepped onto the field. "On the brooms!"  Referee.  The whistle sounded and the game started.  As expected everything went well, I got the first 40 points and Draco noticed that the Gryffindors had gotten pretty bad, which was probably because they now had an almost completely new team.  Good for us.
"Draco the Snitch!" I called across the field to him. His eyes fixed the little gold and he accelerated. "Apparently Malfoy spotted the Snitch," the announcer shouted, all eyes fixed on him.  He noticed the Gryffindor Seeker slowly catching up with him, but he didn’t show anything.  Draco held out his hand.
He would never get it.
The Snitch flew down and the Slytherin Seeker flew after it.
But then he stopped, the Snitch was gone and the rest of the team was now fully focused on the game again.

Both beaters let their sticks rush through the air, although there was no bludger to be seen anywhere and the hunters tried to ram as many Gryffindors as possible.  Boos switched from the stage when Urquhart hit his opponent so violently that he got limp on his broom and slowly lost height.  Just before touching the ground, the Gryffindor picked himself up and pulled up his broom.
However, Madame Hooch whistled and Gryffindor received a free kick.
Ginny Weasley would do this.
It flew towards our goal rings and took up position.
Our keeper Miles Bletchley got ready to catch the Quaffle.
He had a complete view of all three goal rings.
A concentrated expression graced his face.
Then Ginny Weasley started to shoot.
First and foremost, she aimed at the right goal ring.
The Slytherin Guardian flew to the right, thinking she was going to shoot there.
Then everything happened very quickly.
The Slayer decided in the last second for the left goal ring and shot in that direction with enormous speed.
Blechtley reacted quickly, shot to the left in a flash and was able to catch the Quaffle at the last second before it went into the gate.
All the Slytherins clapped their hands enthusiastically and kept calling Blechtley's name.
The game went on.

I had flown elegantly around the Gryffindor fighter and was now heading for the three goal rings.  A fake throw to the left, and while the Guardian was trying to fly there, I flung the Quaffle to the right.  The 'ping' announced the hit.
"Ten points for Slytherin," Luna Lovegood's voice came dreamily through the loudspeakers.

Suddenly I saw movement in the seaker again.  The snitch must have shown itself.  Draco whizzed down the stands, followed closely by Potter.  Surprisingly, the Slytherin stopped and the Gryffindor almost crashed into him.  At the last moment, Potter was able to avoid a collision.  Draco gained some height.  His gray eyes felt their way over the crowd.
He was bluffing and that made me grin.

Slytherin was unfortunately behind with eighty to one hundred and ten points when the Snitch appeared over the center of the field.  The two seekers flew head to head towards it.  The little gold fell, Draco and Potter behind.
the little ball stopped a little above the ground.  His wings fluttered and it seemed as if he wanted to wait for his pursuers.
Draco dashed toward the ball at undiminished speed while Potter brought his broom level.  He apparently seemed to be of the opinion that the Snitch would suddenly change direction near the ground and seemed to be waiting for this change of direction.
Draco knew what he was doing.  Now he held out his hand.  The ball caught a hook and hurtled a little across the floor.  Draco yanked the broomstick up.  He was standing almost vertically in the air.  The tips of the brushwood dragged the ground.
The Snitch now whizzed towards Draco and rose steeply in front of Draco's nose.
It didn't look like Draco was about to perform a maneuver.  He followed the snitch, which kept climbing straight up.

Harry Potter still paused where he had turned his broom away, staring steadily at the Slytherins' viewfinder.
Draco took the last thing out of his broom.  His hand shot forward and just as the Snitch wanted to fly an arc over his head, his fingers clutched the little golden ball.
He leveled his broom and held the snitch in the air, whereupon a
"150 points for Slytherin, and so the victory also goes to Slytherin," came from the loudspeaker and the fans of the Slytherin team broke out with raging applause.

When the party in the Slytherin common room was already in full swing and some were already tipsy, I decided to get a glass of firewhiskey as well.
With a slightly higher alcohol level, things may look very different and maybe make me forget my worries and pains, at least for a short time.
The game of Quiddit didn’t necessarily improve my back, it actually did the opposite.
"Hey," someone laughs from behind me, Draco.
"Hey," I greeted him.
A tall seventh grader suddenly stumbled past us and grabbed onto Draco.
"Be careful.", The Ice Prince replied angrily.
It comes back and the seventh year stumbled, pulling Draco with him and bumping into me, causing me to hit the wall lightly.
My heart beat faster when Draco got this close.  As before, I lost myself in his gray eyes until I could tear myself away and then looked away, embarrassed.
"I hope you're not as drunk as that one," I smiled a little uncertainly and looked at the floor.
"I only took one sip," he said truthfully, but it turned more and more into a whisper.
Draco carefully raised his hand and tucked a strand behind my ear.
As he brushed my cheek, I felt a tingling sensation.
Draco slowly leaned down and finally put his lips on mine.
We stood there for a long time and I put my hands on his neck and he put his on my hips to pull me a little closer.
When his tongue demanded entry into my mouth, I hesitated briefly, but then opened my mouth and let the kiss become more intense.
We stood there for a long time, leaning against the wall.
Our tongues played with each other and I felt Draco's big hands on my waist.
As we broke up, I felt the heat on my face and Draco's cheeks had turned pink too.
He leaned down to me again and whispered "I love you" in my ear, whereupon goosebumps spread over my whole body.
I pulled him down by the shirt collar and kissed him again.
"I love you too, you idiot!" I said and I kissed him again, whereupon he smiled into the kiss.