Chapter 2

🅿🆁🅴🆂🅸🅳🅴🅽🆃 Snow. A man in his late 50s, Estella would guess. They had only met at a good distance or through a monitor screen. It's an astonishment to see the white hair, bearded man, in his cold blue suit. Standing over the desk located in the room.

Aries took notice that the president was watching over the tape of his aggression with other tributes, even Estella's from the Hunger Games. Both young adults felt this eerie tone in their heads, a self-warning.

"Such bravery..."

"Such strength..."

"Such will..."

"Such a leader..."

The words were spoken in a low tone, but the words still sounded like the birds chirping outside the room. Estella didn't want to look at the president, while Aries maintained solid eye contact. President Snow finally moved his eyes to the pair, his face brightening with a smirk. It's a first that anyone who stood before him wasn't quivering in fear.

Before him, Aries stood tall and unbothered as if he wouldn't hesitate to put another on his list of people he had killed. While Estella might not look at him, but she did not once exhibit fear, instead, a sickening vibe for the man.

"Please, have a seat." They both complied after they detected no harm. "Let's make it easier for the both of us. Let's not lie and get to the point of this encounter."

Aries kept reserved, letting Estella do the talking knowing his lack of manners and knowledge in his dictionary is the least they would want now. Estella nodded in agreement, her voice soft and calm, "It's an honor to greet you, President Snow. We'll pursue your lead as we too are hectic with the tour day in an hour."

President Snow chuckled, liking Estella's mannerisms very much. Essentially, how the girl hints at her irritation is assembled in her words. "How do I say this? I like you two.... You both are my favorite." Aries and Estella were taken aback by his sudden appreciation of words but they covered it extremely. Sensing there's something more to it.

"I have a problem with Katniss Everdeen, especially after she pulled those berries accident..."

Aries and Estella share eyes, the male declaiming up this time. "The only reason she would bring such a method is that we first suggested our suicide." President Snow grimaces, looking at the scene from the Hunger Games, this time showing the moment the pair talked about the end of life. "I was disappointed by your end choice too. I wasn't the only one."

President Snow's blue eyes inspect the pair before him carefully, "The capitol was in chaos, the peacemakers had to step in before my people started barging into the game maker's room for a happy ending for you two... I don't disagree with them." Aries and Estella kept quiet, not seeing where this conversation was leading.

The older man continued, "I assured the Capitol that the two of you were to be the victors of the Hunger Games, and I will be making sure that your names are included in the book. I want you two to be the winners." The two were taken aback by President Snow's sudden change of attitude, but they weren't sure what to think about it.

Estella's voice was the first to break the silence, "What has this got to do with Katniss."

President Snow sighed, he unquestionably didn't like the girl. "Since Katniss pulled that trick and Sence being a fool and uprooted the trick of announcing 4 winners... I wager you can imagine where he is now." Aries and Estella kept silent, merely their head moving in a nod. The President had either killed the previous game maker or caused his suicide to happen. They didn't know which one.

President Snow smirked, "The capital sees Katniss's act as an act of defiance, not as an act of love as they saw nothing, they saw in you two. And if a girl from District 12 is going to go out unharmed of it. Why can't they? What is to prevent say? ..."

This voice had risen gradually, manifesting his anger towards Katniss despite the girl not being here. While Aries and Estella choose to overlook what the capital thinks about their actions as love or not. The two knew this man was a monster.

President Snow's eyes were still cold and icy, "An uprising can cause a revolution. And somewhere in the future, the whole system will be collapsed."

"Get to your point," Aries stated coldly, his eyes narrowed with hostility. President Snow snapped his head to him, "She fought well in the game. But they are merely a game, she wouldn't want to be in a real war. Causing her district to disappear, vanish like District 13."

Aries scowls, clicking his tongue and arms wrapped in a cross as he glances away, enraged. He hated that President Snow brought back the story of the past district. Estella on the other hand, stares emotionless at the President.

"Forgive my impertinence, why are we involved?" Estella draws attention to her instead of Aries's behavior. "I want you to be my model. The capital adores you too much, people are kissing the ground you both walk on. Our love your story, your strength, your confidence, and craziness." Aries and Estella are both surprised at the sudden turn of events.

"Katniss perhaps dispense that to other District that you can rebel undoubtedly, nevertheless when they laid eyes upon you two. They are confused on which side you two lead. Primarily, with the capital loving you, they fear to challenge someone like you two... Make not only the capitol cherish you more, but other districts to your side."

Aries sat up straight, leaning his face closer to the President with daring eyes. "You're not being as truthful here. Stop beating the bush." President Snow laughs, "I'm planning something in the future. For now, I want you to be the same bold pair. You do that tour, you smile, you be grateful. That's all I ask; we don't want history to repeat."

With that as President Snow stood up, the monitor that used to display Aries and Estella's play in the Hunger Games had shown something different. Estella's eyes were brimming in tears, holding them from falling while Aries tensed by clutching his teeth together.

"I can see where you take your personality from, Estella."

The screen explicates the perception of Estella's parents being tortured and killed for their rebellious act toward the capital, her young self is there to witness and the same boy Estella remembers from her dream.

Next Chapter: ...