Chapter 33

🅸🅼🅼🅴🅳🅸🅰🆃🅴🅻🆈 with no hesitation, Estella's eyes snap open, her body reacting on its own as her eyes wander to the deep sound of her partner. Her mouth uncoined mumbling out, 'Aries?' that was until her eyes were able to detect the running male towards her.

Her eyes widened like a child, just by one glance of someone she would trust so much, she broke like glass as she whimpers out, "Y-You're safe, thank god", she asked out in a panicked voice. When Estella stood up on her feet, Aries imminently crash his body onto her causing them both to fall back on the sand. He wraps his arms around her in a tight embrace, one that is meant to show his affection; however, it does show his worry since he separated from her.

The silence becomes heavy, and neither of them knows what to say. The only sound that can be heard is the sound of the waves. It seems as if everyone is holding their breath as they wait for someone to break. Everyone was having a hard time seeing how frightened and relieved Aries was to catch the girl, a few minutes ago he was testing everyone's patience and now he was different.

His hands immediately grabbed her shoulders, his blue eyes looking at her with panic, "Fuck! Don't. Fucking. Leave. Me. Again!" His hands are gripped tight on her shoulders; his amber eyes are filled with worry as he searches for any symptoms of her.

After finding none, he moves his hands up to her face, his thumbs stroking her soft cheeks. He searches her eyes, trying to see if she is alright or if she is harmed. He is relieved when he sees her eyes are clear, no signs of her being sick, and he can see she is okay, he lets out a sigh of relief. He pulls away from her, his eyes never leaving hers, he grabs her hand and brings it to his lips, kissing her knuckles, "I'm so glad you're okay," Before helping her up.

Once they both stood up straight, that's when Aries notice the bloody state Estella was in. Wanting an explanation, his head shot up to the two people, Johanna and Beetee but then when he sees that they too were in a similar state.

"I see some of us had fun with killing," Aries smirked and was slightly hat disappointed that he couldn't join but Estella quickly shut him up by throwing her sword at him who caught it, too tired to hold anything. "No one was killed,"

"Yeah! We were walking casually when we heard thunder. You know, expecting rain since that is the most logical thing. But!" Johanna begins her rambling as she swings her ax around, everyone putting a safe distance from her, "But when it fucking came down. Hot, thick red blood drench us!"

"Tick, tock. Tick, tock." We all look over at Wiress, who's circling around, coated in dried blood, and murmuring. "Yeah, we know. Tick, tock. Nuts is in shock," says Johanna. This seems to draw Wiress in her direction and she careens about Johanna, who harshly shoves her to the beach. "Just stay down, will you?"

"Lay off her," Katniss snap at Johanna which made Aries bite his lips to hold back saying 'oohs' by Estella's warning look. Clearly, this will turn into a fight and if someone wasn't going to stop them, Johanna will have the upper hand in hand combat, Katniss was only great from afar.

Johanna narrows her brown eyes at Katniss in hatred. "Lay off her?" she hisses. She steps forward before anyone could react and slaps Katniss so hard, that she started seeing stars. Aries had his mouth gap open with Peeta as he lay his weight on Estella to grin back his laughter.

"Who do you think got them out of that bleeding jungle for you? You—" Finnick tosses her writhing body over his shoulder and carries her out into the water and repeatedly dunks her while she screams a lot of really insulting things at Katniss. But surprisingly Katniss didn't attack her.

Estella glanced at the girl, seeing that Johanna is with Finnick, and because of what Johanna had said was processing in Katniss's mind. "What did she mean? She got them for me?" Katniss ask Aries, who raised both his hand up while rolling his eyes, "Don't look at me. I never wanted allies in the first place." She then proceeds to Estella who merely avoids eyes, Mags only to smile kindly at her then lastly Peeta who responded, "I don't know. You did want them originally," he reminds her.

Peeta lifts Beetee up in his arms and takes Wiress by the hand, guiding them back to the little beach camp. Katniss left with them along with Mags, leaving Aries and Estella alone together.

It hit Aries about what had happened to Poppy, his eyes imminently went sharp, scanning Estella's body carefully for a clue about her welfare without having to ask the question. Estella let out a sigh, she knew this topic is bound to let out, walking her way to the ocean, putting a distance between Johanna and Finnick as they bicker in the water.

Once Aries was sure that no one was paying attention to them, he went to talk to Estella, walking his way beside her, who was washing out of the hot thick blood in the ocean.

He knew that she was probably worried and upset about what just happened and he needed to make sure she was okay. He started to speak to her, "Hey Estella." He said softly while Estella ignore him, carefully sitting in the water as she watches the blue turn red. He then noticed a spot of blood on her forehead, he touched it gently and it came away easily.

He moved closer to her, curious to see if he could get the rest. Knowing what Aries wanted, Estella let her body relax as Aries carefully washed the blood out of her hair from behind, being extremely gentle to her like she was the most prized thing in the world. He then let his hands float around her back, gently caressing her neck, her shoulders, and her back as he did so.

Next Chapter: