Chapter 14

"🅴🅽🅾🆄🅶🅷 of that guy. What were you doing, being all alon-" Aries cut his own words as he had finally let in Estella's visual and attire. His eyes widen at the sight before him.

Estella had an attire that can make any male drool, feeling the same sensation going up against his body. Every curve and line is effortlessly shown, and he could tell that Estella wasn't wearing anything under the dress. Aries hurriedly looks away and cough out as he gets his mind straight.

"What?" Estella asks as she straightens her hair, placing the hair tie back. Aries' eyes shot to Estella's, a look of lust and desire had covered his face. But Estella is too naive to detect the emotions he was giving, which is evident on her face.

"Nothing," Aries murmurs, he was so flustered that his face is still red. Estella took the animal fur off her, presenting Aries with more things to gawk at while she readjusts her dress, identifying Poppy is going to scold her if she got a winkle on it.

"You drive me crazy; you know that?" Aries drawls, he's not sure if he's talking to her or himself. His mind though was wondering about scenarios of situations he could have with Estella right now. Thinking about the time they almost kissed, he decided to play with his chances.

Aries felt his confidence surging up as he pulls Estella into his chest, his arms wrapping around her hip, his finger teasingly tugging into her skin. He can't get his eye in control as it stares below him to her chest, seeing it poke out of the silk dress. Estella doesn't respond, she starting to get used to his skinship but this time the tension was back, similar to the time they almost kissed.

"Your scent, your body, your...." Aries utters out, he's lost his train of thought as he susurrates the words clearly into her ears, generating Estella to whimper and shiver. Aries nuzzles her neck, his lips brushing over her skin, "I want you so bad."

He felt his heartbeat at a very quick rate as he feels the air of breath coming out from her, the scent of her hair, her skin. It all makes him feel like a beast, a wild beast ready to pounce on her. Estella's hand moves up to his arms to his neck behind her, feeling his heartbeat on her back as it matches her own. "... Aries, not now. People are watching."

"Yes, we're staring. Please do that in your private time." Aries and Estella look beside them, seeing their whole crew of prep teams and Poppy who hand both her hand on her hip, like a mother who's ready to preach. While the time was heating up like that just watch a PG+ show before them.

Aries let out a sigh, his breath tickling Estella's neck as he had a disappointed look in his eyes, releasing Estella from his arms. The sounds of the announcer commencing the event, pervaded everyone's ears.

Poppy chopping them onto the carriage persisted out the most from everyone due to it being polished in gold. "Now remember, I want you to smile or wave. Show them you are confident and excited this time."

"Understood," Estella said as she gives a crisp nod. "Okay, let's go," Aries said as he helps lifted Estella up onto the high carriage. Estella took the chance to stare at Aries's attire as he double-checks everything with Poppy.

To match the whole theme and similar to their first one, Aries had a gladiator attire, his chest out and bare, the metal and leather armor on his arms and legs. The metal piece on his shoulders and head are in the shape of a lion's head.

Aries watched Estella as she stared at him, he raised an eyebrow in response to her gaze. He gave a nod to Poppy who was on the ground beside him, "On my mark, let's go."

The carriage went off, and the sounds of the horses' gallop are clear to Estella's ears. It leads them out into the open air, the bright sun almost blinding them both. Estella's eyes gleamed in the sunlight, her skin glowing as the rays of the sun hit her. Aries stared at her, his eyes following her line of sight. He's so mesmerized by her that the crowds cheered and threw flowers at them.

Estella saw the people and their reaction, she gave a smile of appreciation to Aries, her eyes twinkling with a little bit of mischief. "... Pretty, aren't I?" Estella extends, and her smile gets wider as she gazes at the people.

Aries followed her gaze, he sees the people, their expressions, and the way they were cheering. He had a faint smile on his lips, "Yes, very." Estella giggles, her heart beating to the rhythm of the horses' hoofs.

This was distinctive from the first time, drummers were around, and the staging was enormous. The whole Capital was here to inspect the tributes. Pouring velvety flower petals that put a good aesthetic vibe on everyone.

Estella's smile widens as the carriage continues its journey. Aries took Estella's hand, intertwining their finger as he acquired it up to leave a lingering kiss on her knuckles. She blushed, her cheeks turning pink as she glances at Aries, she quickly looks away her heart beating faster.

"You're blushing," Aries drawls, he's looking down at her, his eyes wide and teasing. "Stop it," Estella grumbles with a playful tone. Aries' lips curve up as he tickles her knuckles, "I love that." Both grin at each other, they know everything is great as long as they have each other.

The carriage soon reaches to the front where President Snow stood on his platform, his eyes gazing through each of the tributes before it falls longer on Aries and Estella. The President looked at them, his face showed his interest and he was probably wondering if the two will make it to his expectation for the future.

Aries' expression was blank as he stared at the President with a neutral expression on his face. The President's eyes shift to Estella, he's looking at her with a calculating expression, his lips slightly curled up in the corner.

Estella pinched Aries's knuckle, beckoning him to look front and just ignore him as the carriage did their round in a circle. The sound of the drums, the clapping of the crowd, and the sound of the horses' hoofs are all that's audible to Aries.

As Aries move his attention, he accidentally met with Finnick. The male had his eyes on the pair every second he could, reading their expression when they gaze at President Snow. Aries turned his head to Estella, his eyes showing his instantaneous boredom with everything around.

Estella gives a small smile, it's cute how Aries look at her as if she's the savior and the cure for his current feeling, "It's going to be over soon."

Next Chapter: ...