Chapter 18

🅰🆁🅸🅴🆂 and Estella are currently seated in the living room, the two of them are playing a game of chess. She was playing the white side while he was playing the black side. Aries was in a good mood despite losing to Estella 3 times in a row, he was really enjoying the game.

"You're no fun. I keep winning." Estella commented as she moved her bishop only to arrange for Aries's last knight destroyed. "I'm being a gentleman," Aries said as he moved his queen. Estella sighed, "That's not being a gentleman, you're just being a loser."

Aries responded by moving his king to the other side of the board, "You're the odd one here. Who the hell gets mad for winning?" Aries's finger was still on the black king, poised on the other side, "It's cute." Estella chooses to ignore the last remark from Aries as her brain can just visualize her 4-win streak on the board.

"How's your forearm?"Aries, who was still looking at the board, had a puzzled look on his face as he looked at his bandaged forearm from yesterday's event, "It's fine."

"You sure?" Estella questioned, her voice was soft, and she had a concerned look on her face. Aries paused for a moment, then said, "Yeah, it's fine. It's healing." Estella nodded, as she moves her last piece, she declaims the 4th checkmate.

Aries, who was still looking at the board, gave a slight growl dramatically, "I feel very weak right now." Estrella giggles, standing up from her end to take a seat beside Aries, just in time for Dennis to walk in with news. "Great news! Everyone wants Aries to be their ally!"

Aries pulled Estella closer so that she rested her head on his chest as they both look over the couch toward Dennis. Aries face frowned upon the information getting into his analyzed brain, "What about Estella?"

Dennis, who was halfway to his seat, was still standing, "They didn't say. They just said that they want you to be their ally." Aries's face grew darker as he felt anger grow inside of him. He didn't like the idea that he was foreshadowing the girl, he knew Estella was so much better than half of the victors there. Estella sensed the anger softly tap Aries's chest as she explained, "It makes sense. You showed your strength, I didn't. I plan to keep it that way."

Aries was leaning back, his face showing a blank look as he stares at the ceiling. He contemplate himself, but of course, if Estella suggested a reason for something, he would believe it, even in situation like this which he dislike. He will do it reluctantly, "Fine."

She ignored the male, for now, knowing that Aries would need to cool down himself. As Dennis had spoken up, "Do you have anyone in mind for allies?" Aries's eyes met with Estella's, his eyes were intense as he stares so deep into her eyes, "No."

Estella was taken aback as she felt the coldness, she was reminded of the Aries she met in the arena. She sighs, knowing she would have to calm him down before the simplistic things trigger him. "You haven't gotten to know anyone yet. Give it a day or two."

Aries, who was still leaning back, now lean forward slightly as he looked at Estella. Moving his whole attention on her only, as if Dennis was never in the room and this topic was never brought up. The girl gave him a faint smile that spoke for him to give it a try. Dennis too had agreed as he nods his head firmly like a parent.

Aries nodded, he doesn't want to argue with Estella, he needs to think about this, "Alright."

.

On the second day of training, everyone had a keen eye on Aries, trying to get alone time with the male to talk about alliance but Aries scares them off with a simple scowl or profusely throwing a dagger near them.

The peacemakers and trainers had a careful eye on Aries too, the guards were put around Aries to avoid any harm before the game. The tribute was going about their daily routine, some doing their usual training or just chitchatting with others.

Estella is one of those conversing as she sat in the camp station with Peeta, omitting Aries in the building station but in eyesight. "I heard Katniss did quite an impression yesterday with how she shoots," Estella changed the topic as she wrote a few new facts she learned in her small journal. Peeta nodded, he was happy that Katniss was doing well, "She did. I was so proud."

Estella smiled, "I bet." Estelle laughed to herself, Peeta's admire and love towards Katniss is so obvious, something she wonders if Katniss herself sees it. And if she did, did she feel guilty for using the poor man's feelings as an advantage for the game?

Peeta and Estella continued to talk about the other tributes as they went through the daily routine with the other tributes. "Aries is keeping everyone off," Peeta said as he looked at who was letting out a cryptic aura that caused one of the tributes to hasten away from his station.

Estella nodded, "I've been noticing that too. He's a little enraged that everyone is neglecting me to be allies and merely choosing him." Peeta had a dazed look on his face as he thought about what Estella said, he carefully read Aries's body language, and also the past that Peeta knows, "He takes great care of you."

Estella froze amidst her writing, glancing up to Peeta who was staring at her for an expected reaction. She bites her lips as she wonders carefully, Aries had been very open and close to her when they first met like old friends who are satisfying the gap of years, they haven't been together.

It was overwhelming at first, but over time Estella has gotten used to his personality, but then slowly something grew, a weird sensation of Deja Vu whenever she is around Aries.

Aries too seem very cautious about mentioning Estella's family, in fact, they never talk about it but every time she has those mental breakdowns, Aries seem to understand and knows the solution to soothe her down.

It was like Aries understood her feeling and was there during her traumatic experience. "Yes... He takes too much great care of me," Estella said as she focused her attention back on her writing as she continued to write down more facts about the other tributes.

Peeta stares at Estella, expecting a bigger reaction like a blush of redness but instead, it's like Estella is realizing something she had never took aware of and is trying to avoid. He was feeling a slight sense of fear, he was worried for Estella, however from the looks of it, Estella isn't ready to talk yet.

Something is going on between the District 5's tributes, something more is happening, maybe even deep, is what Peeta thought as he mentally notes himself to stay notified of Estella and Aries' relationship.

Next Chapter: ...