Chapter 42

🅰🆁🅸🅴🆂 groan out loud, hissing when his whole body was sore. He barely remembers anything that had happened in the last few moments in the arena. Just that he was pulled up by an aircraft, that he knew so confidently belonged to Plutarch Heavensbee, Head Gamemaker.

When he swims back into semi-consciousness, he can feel that he was lying on a padded table. There's the pinching sensation of tubes in his left arm. Someone was trying to keep him alive. He frowns seeing how he was practically wrapped like a mummy. Apprehending that his weak eye was covered by an eye patch, his head bandaged, pipes and tubes pierced into his skin as machines monitor his health.

"The fuck is this?" Noticing that his right arm has regained a little motion. He manages to swing his arm around until he rips the tubes out. A beeping goes off but Aries paid no attention to it, he was more aware of his surrounding, knowing that he should be awake to find out who the machine will summon.

Glancing around, he was in a large room with low ceilings and a silvery light. There are two rows of beds facing each other. He can hear the breathing of what he assumes are the other victors. Directly across from him, he sees Beetee with about ten different machines hooked up to him and Katniss right beside him.

Seeing him in such a state, and other, Aries couldn't help but laugh in anger, "Just let us die!" he screams, slamming his head back hard on the table. As if he lost all his senses of pain, Aries simply ignore his blurry vision from his action, he thrusts himself, once more to a sitting position and holds on to the padded table until the room settles into focus.

Then it hit him if every victor is here. "Stella..." he whispers. He toned his voice down, knowing how the girl hated when she was awakened loudly and unexpectedly. "Estella?" he slides his legs off the table and looks around for a weapon, just for a crisis. There are a few syringes sealed in sterile plastic on a table near Beetee's bed. Rolling his eyes, he rather goes barehanded than a tiny sharp syringe to stab people.

As he fully stood up, he notices that he was naked except for a thin nightgown. There are no guards at the door. No doubt he was miles beneath the Training Center or in some Capitol stronghold, and the possibility of his escape is nonexistent. It doesn't matter. "I need to find Estella," Feeling too sore to creep around, he simply walks down a narrow hallway, not bothering to hide or sneak around until he arrived at a metal door that stands slightly ajar.

Someone is behind it.

The people on the other side were talking loudly, Aries could hear each and every sentence, "Communications are down in Seven, Ten, and Twelve. But Eleven has control of transportation now, so there's at least a hope of them getting some food out." Plutarch Heavensbee, was the annoying voice of that man from the party. Although he has only really spoken with him once, Aries astonishingly got a good memory. A hoarse voice asks a question, "No, I'm sorry. There's no way I can get you to Four. But I've given special orders for her retrieval if possible. It's the best I can do, Finnick."