Chapter 39

🅰🆁🅸🅴🆂 kept quiet, for once he tried putting the use of his brain. He was contemplating between the two, one of leaving behind the troupe and in search of Estella, or staying put as this idea is a chance to secure the arena. But there is one flaw to this which he spoke up, "What about Stella?"

Everyone turned to him now, and Beetee seem to be hesitating to answer. Since Estella isn't here with them, she wouldn't know about the plan and there will be a high risk that she too will be electrocuted as the rest of the Careers. Aries's glares harden the longer Beetee didn't respond, causing him to stand up as his brain decided that it was better to abandon them and search for Estella himself.

Johanna and Peeta are the two to quickly stand up and halt him. Peeta was quick to voice out knowing that Aries would think with his fist first if he doesn't get an explanation for his actions quickly, "Think about it, Aries... Estella's survival strategy," This made everyone frown as they thought about Estella's ways in the arena.

They, however, couldn't pinpoint anything specific, since Estella never stuck to any particular method of surviving. "Tress!" / "What?" Aries question back as Peeta answered everyone confused mind, "Trees. She stays high and above where she can see everything. She barely ever on land!" Peeta and Aries had a stare down at each other, Aries was more surprised and jealous that someone like Peeta was able to notice something he completely side-eye too. While Peeta was nervous that he may have pushed the other's buttons.

"That's right, she's always up there." Johanna took the lead now, thrusting Aries back slightly to the group, seeing that the male didn't fight back Beetee let out a sigh. It's clear the plan should be arranged fast as Aries seem to just find ways to backfire the plan and lose him. Aries is just as important in this plan as Katniss is.

Katniss finally spoke up as he glances at everyone, they still needed some motivation for this plan. Still unsure about Beetee's idea, "Why not?" she says. "If it fails, there's no harm done. If it works, there's a decent chance we'll kill them. And even if we don't and just kill the seafood, Brutus and Enobaria lose it as a food source, too."

"I say we try it," says Peeta. "Katniss is right." Finnick looks at Johanna and raises his eyebrows. He will not go forward without her. "All right," she says finally. "It's better than hunting them down in the jungle, anyway. And I doubt they'll figure out our plan, since we can barely understand it ourselves."

All left was Aries, and Mags' approval. "Fine, get this over with," as Mags simply nodded along.

Beetee wants to inspect the lightning tree before he has to rig it. Judging by the sun, it's about nine in the morning. They have to leave the beach soon, anyway. So everyone breaks camp, walks over to the beach that borders the lightning section, and heads into the jungle. Beetee's still too weak to hike up the slope on his own, so Finnick and Peeta take turns carrying him. Katniss for once let someone else lead, which was Johanna because it was a pretty straight shot up to the tree, and she figure she can't get them too lost.