Chapter 13

🅵🅸🅽🅽🅸🅲🅺 concealed his fear very well, Estella must admit. She only caught his smirk wavering before replacing it with a more confident smile as he stares head-on into Aries's deadly ones. Not wanting to talk once more, Estella left the two males, the animal fur still clutches on her shoulder as she felt safer.

Aries's eyes followed Estella's every step, observing as she wasn't going anywhere far, merely playing with the carriage horse. Aries moves his attention to the older male.

Finnick is very surprised on seeing Aries, not only in real life that Aries stood taller than him by a few inches. The aura he gave off was the same but encountering it head-on is almost suffocating him. Aries White is a dangerous person.

"Finnick Odair," Finnick introduces himself to him, having his hand out for a handshake. "Aries," Aries replies with a bored tone, offering his hand for a handshake. "Though I see no point of this. You know us, we know you."

Estella watches their interaction from behind Aries, she's still skeptical of Finnick's abrupt need to chat with them and worried for Aries's temper might just explode. Aries and Finnick's exchange was like a ritual. A tedious one at it as Finnick attempts to find what he's querying for and Aries regularly evades the bullet with his sarcastic remarks.

Aries halt mid his words when a sudden scent he had caught on before had gotten stronger when Finnick took a step ahead. "Finnick..." Aries drawls with a low tone, "You smell." Estella heard the comment which grew her interest while Finnick was shocked at the sudden change. Aries moves his face to Finnick and gives him a very cold stare.

Aries had somehow had a tough grip on his shoulder, binding him from stimulating as he sniff him out like a hound dog. Aries was indeed a very good tracker and he had an excellent nose, especially for blood.

"... You reek of others. Pleasure?" Aries tilts his head to the side, begetting Finnick free from his grasp. Aries had a provoking tone; he knew the answer just wants it to come out from the male. Finnick was a bit flustered by Aries's unforeseen change, the male's emotions are like a roller coaster, once you see him happy, then serious, then taunting too soon a bloodlust for kills.

Finnick laughs softly, hiding his true feeling. "I suppose you're right. I give people my pleasure." Finnick tries to make the comment lighthearted. At the same time, he's still a little bit scared of Aries's temper, which he could probably feel in the air.

But like before, it converts into a very enthusiastic one as he rose an eyebrow and grins, "Exchange for want? Money? Damn, if I knew you could do that, I would go around sleeping with everybody no-!"

Aries turns around quickly like a snap of a twig as he scowls and hisses like a cat at Estella who had a bottle of spray out and furthermore diffused it to his nape. "Words." Estella gave a warning tone to her partner before going back to caressing the horse.

"Crazy woman... " Aries ridicules silently, afraid if Estella heard him, she might just drench a whole bucket on him. Turning his attention to Finnick, he had a more serious tone but it was still a little bit playful. "So? What do you exchange for your company?"

Finnick's eyes roam around, between Estella and Aries, having seen a short quick explanation of their relationship. Clearly, they work well together, his eyes settled on Estella, remembering her words. "... Secrets. Money like someone said, is not enough to survive in this reality so I exchange them for secrets."

"Secrets?" Aries drawls with a low tone, he didn't bother masking his disappointment at the answer and confusion about why anyone would exchange it for secrets. Moving his attention to Estella for an explanation, the girl didn't respond but instead distribute eye contact with him as it mentally sent Aries the necessitated info.

Aries breaks into a scoff before a full blast of manic laughter as he clutches his stomach. Finnick is confused now, striving to understand him. "Secrets!" Aries repeats with a high taunting tone, rocking his head as he pretended to wipe away his nonexistent tears. His grin displays his teeth as he gazes directly at Finnick.

"You got the wrong person, man. You're looking for Katniss Everdeen. Can't miss her. A grumpy face, a frown always on, gives off a vibe that says 'I'm going to kill you' but sensitive as hell."

Finnick was quick to figure that he had been caught. Aries and Estella have pinpointed his reasoning here, "Are you not interested?" Finnick questions Aries, he's not sure if Aries really went mad or just played the game.

Aries walk over to Estella, placing his arm over her shoulder causing Finnick to follow suit as the topic had changed into a serious one that should be converse privately. He gazes at Estella who did the same, grinning out with a mischievous look as he moves to Finnick with a flicker in his eyes, "In the rebellion? No."

Aries spoke low, knowing the consequences of speaking about the thing, especially in the capital. While Finnick is shocked at how prompt the pair caught onto his act and the boldness of Aries' answer.

"Then you're shouldering the capital and President Snow?" Estella chuckles this time while Aries's naughty grin still hasn't left. Looking around carefully, Estella notices Katniss has finally arrived, "We are not either."

"From what I see, both sides are taking advantage of us," Aries spoke after, he brought a hand up indicating Finnick to halt as he hasn't finished yet, "I side the capital then I'll be sent to war and killed, the world just will never change. But, if I side yours, it's the same, war, blood, losses. I dare you to tell me I'm wrong."

Finnick froze, he had no way to respond to that as it was true. They would be using them for the benefit of winning. Aries's head tilted to the side as he smirks at Estella, on the other hand, concentrates on Finnick, "The person you are looking for is Katniss Everdeen, though I suggest you keep it low. She's still out they trying to win President Snow to believe her act."

Finnick glanced behind him, seeing Katniss all alone. Glancing at the two pairs before him, seeing the look in their eyes showed that he isn't going to succeed in convincing them today. "Thank you," Finnick left them and went off to disturb Katniss now.

"Aries," Estella drawls, she's not looking at him anymore and she's still looking at Finnick as he went off. Aries rolls his eyes, "I know. He's going to be one hell of an annoying person to get rid of." Estella snort in amusement.

Next Chapter: ...