Chapter 8

🅸🆃'🆂 only been two days considering Aries and Estella got back home to their district, the tour day had just been dispatched but the drama seems like it hasn't. Peacemakers had gone and set up camps in their district, rampaging through people's homes to seek any sign of a rebellion act.

They were cruel and vicious, showing no mercy to even elders and underage. They terrorize the people, forcing them to the barricades to protect themselves from them. The people are terrified of the Peacemakers, they have their eyes on them, and they don't know what to do.

Aries and Estella had been home for two days, and Estella is having a hard time calming Aries's temper and urge to fight back. She knew that leaving an easy time bomb like Aries alone wasn't a good idea, but that morning she was determined to help around her district that was injured.

Currently, aiding an old woman in her late 70s with her bleeding arm, the last person she expected to come running to her was Susan as she was supposed to take a close eye on Aries.

"ESTELLA!" Susan traveled so hard and fast searching for Estella that she needed to catch her breath for a second but tears were flowing down her eyes. Estella panicked seeing her state. "Susan! What happened?" Estella asked, bringing out a bottle of water from her pack, "Where's Aries? Your parent?"

Susan starts to cry harder, "Aries... H-he's in the square! Mom and dad are looking for Dennis!" Estella widen her eyes, cursing as she took off on her feet, not considering. The square is where the peacemaker is torturing the citizen who rebels back to their aggression. It's been a while since she ran so fast.

Taking her breath as she pushes amidst the crowd, accumulating around the square as the rackets of whips and grunts, laughter from Aries, broke Estela into soundless tears. "Aries!" Estella screams out, finally being able to get out of the crowd. Estella felt her breath hitch.

Aries is half-naked, his wrists happening to be chained to a mental pole and his back showed scars and blood from the whips. His body is trembling as he was still being tortured, a smile on his face.

"Aries!" She yelled again, rushing towards him. Aries smiled at the sight of Estella, his eyes revealing his irritation at the crowd, "I'm fine. I'm fine." Estella looks up, after having to examine Aries having a hysterical laugh which means he's in the mood of challenging someone.

That someone must be this new commander in charge.

"Get out the way, girl. Unless you want to join in too." He had an annoyed tone, not liking that Aries hasn't even shown his pain but instead laugh at every whip that hits him. Estella eyes Aries up and down, her heart was breaking at the sight of him in that condition, "Aries..."

"Don't mind the old man. His being a puss since he can't break me. He moved to you." Aries laughs out, grunting out a hiss when another whip had lashed his bareback but soon redeems it with another crazed laughter.

Estella flinch, seeing the attention too close to her. It causes her brain to tick back about the time of her parent's death causing her to unintentionally ball out tears as she clutches herself.

Aries quickly notices it, fixing the puzzle. He abandons his sinister mood of taunting the commander. Aries started shouting out, hissing and cursing as he strives to break himself out from the chain. "Estella!" Aries yells out, "Hey! Hey! You're safe!"

Estella couldn't hear Aries, her mind encompassing her with the memory, she could feel it and sense everything back, the screams, the heat, the cries, the blood, the yells, and the gunshot. The memory of her parent's death.

"Estella!" Aries shout, trying to get his voice to her mind. The commander watches this all go by, enjoying finally seeing Aries break into panic and worry. Estella cried out and screamed to herself to stop.

The commander smiles, "You see, this is what I want! Not so tough are you!" The commander's words were so loud and clear, that Aries could feel his rage surging once more, but seized himself to focus on Estella.

His attempt of trying to get free from the chain to embrace Estella might prompt his wrist to break and bleed but the pain sensed nothing to his concern for Estella. Dennis had finally got to the sense, the Williams and Susan also as they had shoved the crowds out.

Dennis stood out in front of his student with both hands raise up while the rest went to help Estella and Aries. "Woah! Calm down. Commander, you are messing with the victors her. Trust me!" Dennis spoke out, his voice shaking.

The commander turns his attention to Dennis, his eyes wandering over the man. Dennis flinch at the commander's gaze but he managed to hold it. The commander stares at Dennis for a while, his eyes showing a few different emotions. "Your boy mess with the peacemakers. He got two killed." The commander stated, his voice low and cold.

Dennis nodded, "I know. We all know. That's why we have to take care of Aries. He isn't smart!"

Aries growl filled their ears from the background as Mrs. William had accidentally startled Estella provoking her to flinch hard. Aries had been looking at Estella, he was still trying to get her attention, and his eyes were wide with panic and dread.

"... You got two victors here. You have put a good few lashes in him and a mentally unstable one here. I think that's good enough! President Snow is not going to like this anymore! You let it go and we will too!"

The commander was mad, he was furious. He was displeased that Aries was still alive. He wanted him dead. But it's a known fact in the Capital about President Snow's love towards the victor from District 5. The commander, glared at the ground, fixing his emotions to calm himself down, "Alright, you got 1 minute to get them out of my side."

"Yes sir!" Dennis responds he was happy that the commander had calmed himself down. Dennis and the rest of the crowd quickly went to help Aries and Estella, getting them out of the square.

Next Chapter: ...