Chapter 16

🆃🆁🅰🅸🅽🅸🅽🅶 Day!

It's the day Aries has been the most excited about, begetting to touch a weapon again and seeing the strength of other tributes. It's a day of anticipation, but also of fear. This is the day when you get a chance to see how much you've improved and if you're even on par with your other tributes.

Estella and Aries walk inside the training center, dressed in the designer outfits that every tribute has to wear. Upon arriving, they were imminently greeted with stares from other tributes, a mixture of negative and positive emotions in those stares.

"Yeah, definitely no pressure at all!" Aries sounds, recounting how annoyed he is with the looks even when he and Estella walk a solid minute in the center already. Estella, on the other hand, doesn't even seem to notice the stares, she's been too converging on the new equipment and design of everything.

But there's something that bore Estella, looking up she met eyes with Havensbee the new head game maker along with his crew, seating and talking amidst themselves while eyes would seldom seek the tributes' training.

"Aries," Estella said, not even looking at him. "Look up." Aries did, and as he looked up, he noticed the glistening eyes of Havensbee and his crew. This is provoking his wrath to leisurely take a toll on his action, seeing the person he least wants to, but Estella was holding the ends of his shirt telling him to concentrate more.

"There's a force field. It's shimmering, look carefully." Estella pointed to a small, yet transparent, circle that was floating around the game makers' crew, it looks like glass. Aries clicks his tongue once he got a see, "Cowards. They are separating themselves from the tributes."

As Aries's eyes migrate around, it descends onto Katniss and he pieces the puzzle together, "Since the girl on fire shot an arrow at them, last time." Estella sighed, she feels like those force fields won't be the last she would see them. Finally peering around, the eyes have yet to leave them, primarily on Aries. 

She walks away, making Aries follow suit like a lost puppy as he asked, "Where are you going?" Estella, without looking back said, "Rest? Sleep? Either one." Aries acknowledges that they have to spend the next few hours in the center, meaning Estella won't be far off his sight. Permitting her to find shelter to rest, Aries knows the girl isn't even into training similar to before.

Aries eyes around the training to see what he should play with, his eyes land on a station where you have a trainer to practice your fight with. Walking casually up the station, the trainer costumed in all black, almost like the peacemaker gave him a good study.

He got ready in a stance for Aries to advance but the male spontaneously whistles as his eyes stray around, a few times he descended on Havensbee who grew interested in what Aries is planning.

"Are you alone? It's no fun like that. You got more people at the back, right? Call them up." Aries said, smirking. The trainer blinks, Aries is great at ticking anybody off, and seeing the cocky look on Aries's face made the trainer want to punch him so bad. He rose a hand up, signaling 4 peacemakers to come over.

When the four peacemakers march their way to the station, it attracted everyone's attention. All tributes had suspended their training and assemble around Aries's station even Katniss and Peeta.

"Hey, what's going on? Is everything alright?" Peeta asked, he looked at Aries in worry. "A-Are you sure about this?" Aries ignore the crowd around him as he turns to Peeta he had a mischievous grin as he watches the peacemakers and the trainer talk it out.

"C'mon, Peeta," Aries said in a taunting manner while he smirked at the trainer. "You got to learn to have some fun. Why don't you join?" Katniss who is beside Peeta imminently got a grasp of her partner's arm and glares at Aries, "Are you crazy! You're going to get him killed before the games." Aries just shakes his head as he looks at Katniss in a teasing manner. "You just gave me a great idea, Katniss!"

Aries stood up, his step bouncing with excitement as he stood in the middle of the platform, "Hey, you." He pointed out to the trainer, knowing he is in charge here, "Here's how it's going to go. I'm a little disappointed with eh number you got here but I'll make do."

The trainer looked at Aries with a scowl, but he didn't want to pick a fight with the tributes. Aries smirked, "I'll give you and your men a chance to fight me. But I like to play rough. I play until they're dead." The trainer's eyes grew to a size of a grain of sand, this is definitely not a man he wants to mess with.

"There's no need to be a pussy now! I'm a fair person. Clearly, I have the upper hand here," Aries let out a burst of madman laughter as he licks his lips, "So, I'll let you play dirty while I go empty-handed."

The trainer looked at the peacemakers, and they all nodded their heads in agreement. While the other tribute was astonished at how crazy and intrepid Aries is or either extremely stupid to let 5 full-grown men tackle him till death with any method of their choice.

Aries look up at Havensbee, he had no sign of disturbance nor second-guessing his approach as he gazes straight into Havensbee's eyes along with the other game makers who gather a closer look.

"Where the hell is Estella?" Peeta looks around frantically, remembering that the girl is the sole one to tame the beast called Aries. Katniss, in the meantime, is busy looking at the training station, she and the other tribute are very curious about how this is going to end. The Career pack exceptionally is intriguing.

Aries was occupied in an eye contact battle with Havensbee when he underwent a sudden wind which he hastily dodges out of instinct which turns out to be a blade thrown and aim at his scared eye. He blinks a few times before glancing at the trainer, the person who threw the blade. Aries scoffs, "I did say you could play dirty. Never expected you to be petty though."

The trainer moves his hand down, signaling for the peacemakers to go for his eye, knowing now that Aries' eye is his weakness due to one being slightly blind. Aries smirks, "May the odds be ever in your favor!" Aries spread his legs and ready his arms, he is ready for the worst.

The peacemakers sprint towards Aries, the blades come with them. It's an immeasurable thing that Aries is a swift runner or he would have been perceived injured by now. They are fast, but Aries are even more. He dodges the blade, not progressing to let the peacemakers get a good hit on him.

"You can do better than that!" Aries said in a teasing manner.

Next Chapter: ...