Chapter 29

🅰🆁🅸🅴🆂

The moment Aries was sent above, he started searching for Estella, his heart was beating out of his chest, his eyes were searching for her, and he could feel the pain of not finding her, of not seeing her for a while. "Let the 75th Annual Hunger Games Begin! And may the odds be ever in your favor!" The voice of Cesar Flickerman announces to the whole arena as the gong went off.

"FUCK YOU!" Aries was shouting the words at the top of his lungs, before taking in a deep breath and dove into the water. Aries was swimming, the water was freezing cold, it felt like the ice is crushing his lungs, but he didn't mind, he had to find Estella.

As he was swimming, he was getting closer to the Cornucopia. Climbing up the slippery rocks and soon being the first tribute to stand on land as he rushes to the Cornucopia.

He didn't have the time to rest, he put his focus on the racks of weapons, attaching a belt filled with knives knowing it would be for Estella on his hips. Grabbing a staggered sword and a few daggers that he could slip around.

While his hand moves around for weapons, his eyes went around for Estella. He didn't find her and he was beginning to have a panic attack, he was going to look for her again, but before he could, he was hit by something.

Aries was able to dodge the coming spear, looking around and finding the tribute on him, a district 9 tribute Aries didn't bother remembering his name. He swung his sword at the tribute, who was now in a position to swing his own. He sliced the tribute's arm in half, the tribute was now screaming as blood was gushing out of his arm. Just when Aries is about to do his first kill in this 75th Hunger Games, his eyes meet with Mags, the older woman is waving hectically at him for help as she points to the thrashing water.

Aries turned his head to the water, he could see Peeta struggling on winning the fight with a tribute, but his head kept being pushed underwater.

Sighing out, since they were allies, Aries rolled his eyes before making his way to them. "Hold this," Aries gave his weapons to Mags, some had to be thrown on the rocks knowing the weight would be too much for her. Diving once more into the water, once Aries got close to them, he impatiently pulled the enemy away from Peeta and dive them both more under the water.

Peeta took the chance to swim to shore, meeting with Katniss, Finnick, and Mags. They were worried for him but more for Aries since they were no sign of air bubbles or thrashing from the water.

The sound of the cannon being blasted made their distress raise. They watch in horror at the quiet water, until...

"Boo!"

Katniss yelled in surprise as everyone turn to see Aries climbing up the rock unharmed with a cheeky smirk. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!!?" Katniss shouted as she looked at him. Peeta let out a breath he was holding.

"Learn to have a little fun, Katniss." Aries rolls his eyes, gathering his weapon with Mags's help, he notices in the corner of his eyes, that the Career pack was watching over them at the end of the rock line.

"I'm glad to see someone is hyper with the games," Finnick said, "but I think we should get going before they choose to attack." Aries scoffs, whispering about how he got stuck with a bunch of wimps that run away from the action to which he got a group of scowls.

As they run into the forest, Finnick carrying Mags on his back, Aries did a last check around the Cornucopia with his eyes for Estella, he didn't see her. "You better be alive out there, Stella. I'm stuck with a bunch of losers here because of you," Aries mumbles.

Running deeper into the forest, Aries took the back as Finnick ordered Katniss and Peeta to take the lead in front. They had to take a rest once they were deep enough, Finnick couldn't run long with extra weight from Mags. Aries kept count of the cannon numbers.

"Well, I guess we're not holding hands anymore?" Finnick chuckles as he said this, Peeta and Katniss were both looking at him. Aries is the sole one to find it amusing. "You think that's funny?" Katniss had a serious look, glaring at the males. "Oh, no. Every time that cannon goes off, it's music to my ears." Aries says as he looked at Katniss, making her roll her eyes. "I don't care about any of them."

Aries disregard them as Finnick agrees with him which causes a high tension between Katniss and him. Katniss had expected much from Aries and never liked him, but with Finnick, she was ready to fight. Aries went up to Mags, who was resting on the ground, "You alright?"

"I'm fine," Mags mumbles. They continue the journey after Katniss had challenged a fight with Finnick to which Peeta had intervened, Aries would have fancied that entertainment, to be honest. Peeta took the very lead, Aries is right behind him as Peeta walked through another wall of crazy hanging vines and leaves.

It was silent between everyone, not including Aries's dark humor and absurd thoughts which were ticking Katniss at the very second. As Aries kept his eyes ahead from over Peeta, he took note of the jungle in from t of them had a shining artificially, it reminded Aries about something Estella had told him on their first training day.

A force field.

Aries without pulled hesitation, pulled Peeta's back collar harshly causing him to fall right in front of Finnick's feet. Peeta, who was in a state of shock, looked back at Aries, who was smirking at the force field which unfortunately his team was yet to notice.

"What'd you think you were doing!?" Peeta shouted. Katniss rushed to his side, yelling angrily at Aries too. "I was trying to save your life," Aries says as he turned to them, picking up a stone to which he threw ahead, the invisible wall sparked to life which shocked everyone.

Aries bend down to be in Peeta and Katniss's height but both were on the ground, "You listen here carefully, District 12..." Aries took out a dagger from his pocket, aiming it at Peeta to which Katniss had a defensive posture in front of the boy.

"I don't like you both. You make everything twice as complicated as it is." Aries glared at them, his playful demeanor gone, "I'm only protecting you, and the reason why we are allies is that Estella cherishes you two."

Aries stood up, making eye contact with Finnick and Mags, they didn't seem mad at Aries's behavior. Looking down at Katniss and Peeta, "I like to please my girl. I don't make her disappointed." With that Aries went the other way, taking the lead this time.

Next Chapter: