Chapter 20

🆃🅷🅸🆁🅳 -Day!

It's the last day for training before the testing begins and the interview. Aries and Estella have agreed on taking in allies, the first would be Mags of course since the older woman is on the list it would mean Finnick too which didn't absolutely appeal to Aries much but he'll make do.

Estella had requested for Peeta to be on the list too which took a lot of convincing on her part to get Aries to accept. Aries didn't have a predicament with Peeta it was Katniss. The girl on fire is like a magnet for danger.

Estella is currently alone in the training center with the other tribute, Aries had been scolded by Iphigenia for his messing room and the box of cigarette and beer bottles found. All that which in the end traversed him to listen to a good 20 minutes of nags from Iphigenia before being compelled to clean his room.

Estella chuckled, remembering the morning very clearly. Aries wasn't admitted to accessing the training center until his duty was done.

Today, Estella has a mission for herself. She wants to push herself into her making her own friends other than Peeta since Aries was able to do so yesterday, with Mags. Engaging her eyes to wander on the choices she got, imminently avoiding the Career pack, she had a dangerous feeling following this morning and seeing them had only progressed it more.

When the Career pack stood up from their station and tracked Estella, she never seemed so regretful for not listening to herself and simply sleeping in today.

She was so tempted to run away, but she knew that she had to go on with it and not look more like a target since she refused to bestow her physique.

The Career pack stood in front of Estella, impatiently waiting for her answer. However, Estella looked at the pack merely, she had been questioning if she was going to have to put up with the annoying pushy attitude of the Career pack.

"Whatever it is. I'm sorry, I'm not interested." Estella knew that because Aries wasn't around guarding her, they were using this chance to try and break her or gain something out of it. The Career pack steps closer to Estella, she has to feel the air getting heavier with their presence. Their eyes had a threatening quality in them.

Estella feels the anger rising within her when they were eying her up and down, she was about to snap at them for being a nuisance but kept her cool down knowing she shouldn't let her anger get the best of her.

Planning on walking away, Estella took a step back and turn. And at that moment, the sound of a dagger being steered caught her her ears. Quickly out of instinct and reflection, Estella evades the dagger, solely by an inch nevertheless it did leave a line on her cheek that gradually bleeds out.

Estella scowled, if she hadn't dodged that dagger it would go straight to her skull. "Guess you weren't all fake in the game, huh? Great instinct you got there." Cashmere, the leader of the Career pack from District 1. Estella slowly turns her head to them; her annoyance clears in her face as she glares at Gloss who threw the dagger.

"Why?" Estella's voice is a low growl, she took a step towards them. The pack is testing her, pushing her to show them her true capability as a tribute. "We don't have time to waste, we want Aries in our team but to do that his partner needs to be equally good. Not that it matters, we could just use you as bait." Cashmere pointed out to Estella in a patronizing way.

Estella is seeking her best to let her logical side control her but it's preparing to be harder every time they open their mouth. Establishing a smirk to conceal her irritation as she scoffs, "You know, you remind me of someone." Estella pretends to be thinking as her eyes wander around, seeing no one is going to help her but herself, "Ah! That's right, Cato!"

"Powerful... Strong... Talented... Smart... Thich-skin... Idiot... Careless... Prideful. A career," Estella's voice spoke with a taunting ring to it as with every word she points to each of the careers. From Cashmere, Gloss, Brutus, Enobaria.

"What happened to him?" Estella lick her lips, a grin appearing, similar to Aries's creepy one, "Shredded, ripped to pieces by a mere mutation. I kinda see the pattern here. I just hope you had a swifter death than his."

Estella has a satisfied smile as the pack is now looking at her with a mixture of anger and rage. The pack slowly starts to move towards her, their eyes burning with hatred as they slowly walk towards her. Estella is very aware of the weapons in their hands and the lack of care from other trainers and peacemaker that was supposed to keep the tributes in check.

She knew that they were ready to kill her as soon as they got a chance but she didn't move from her spot nor choose to lessen the taunting expression on her face. Everyone watches the scene, showing concern for Estella but didn't have it in them to save her. But someone did.

The moment Gloss threw another dagger, this time aiming directly at Estella's heart, a rough familiar hand caught in by the blade, halting its path. Estella had seen it before; her mind is giving her an instantaneous flashback of childhood but she snaps out of it promptly.

Glancing up to see a very destructive Aries standing beside her, his hand that contains a toothed sword was brought up undeviatingly on Cashmere's neck. Any small movement from Aries the man would be dead.

Cashmere was frozen but not from the fear of death, he was frozen by a painful look into Aries's eyes. His eyes were a sharp, hard, merciless expression that was just as dangerous as the weapon in his hands.

"Are you messing around with my girl?" Aries asked in a cold, calm voice, his eyes never leaving Cashmere's.

Next Chapter: ...