Chapter 6

"🆃🅷🅴 Presidential Place!" Iphigenia spoke in wonderment as she lifts her hands up to bestow the place view before an unbothered Aries and Estella faking her enthusiasm. She had dressed Aries in the fanciest suit in the world, his hair slick back, in the most ridiculous black leather pants, and a white shirt, which was open to his chest. His scar peeking out and standing in the crowd of his muscle and built.

Estella, on the other hand, had her hair in a messy bun and her face painted with a smile, she was dressed in a simple cream skirt with a white blouse. Decorated in golden jewelry and a golden belt to essence her figure and curves are able to make any male drool.

They walk into the massive courtyard, Aires finding it funny how someone would own this much land and only fills it with flowers and plants. Iphigenia waves to the people who were watching them, mostly her friends.

"Now, children. There will be photographers, interviews. Everyone is here to celebrate you, my victors." Iphigenia fans herself dramatically as they walk up the stairs. Fake tears were pilling. "Or, Peeta and Katniss. They did win too." Estella spoke in a matter-of-fact tone which Iphigenia didn't relish.

"Plus, they did get engaged." Aries put more facts into Iphigenia, having fun seeing the glint in her eyes vanish Iphigenia glares to her side, at no one practically as she curses Katniss and Peeta for taking away her children's parade with their act.

Estella feels like killing herself right then and there as Iphigenia leads them through the crowd with a proud smile. She was uncomfortable with the touching and clapping; her fake smile is starting to waver.

Aries who walked behind her went up to her. Placing his hands around her waist as he whispers only to them, "Regret not killing yourself yet? Course, I am." He pulls Estella to lean against his chest. "Please. I would be so thankful if someone stab me right now." Estella spoke in a low tone as she stared at the ground.

Aries chuckles, glad that he wasn't the only one not desiring the attention and the lack of respect for personal space people are furnishing to them.

Estella and Aries took notice of everything, from people breathing out fire from their mouths, eyesore fashion, and the uncomfortable question being asked. To the point, Aries and Estella started seeking out a route to abandon all without Iphigenia noticing.

At one point in the night, Iphigenia had to force them to split and talk with strangers when she remarks how Aries and Estella are staying glued to each other in the corner of the room, having fun among themselves.

Aries was the lucky one, being guard with the prep team due to his easy anger that might cause a fight. He even got to eat around by the buffy while Estella had to keep her feet working on the dance floor with so many men asking her.

Aries kept his eyes on Estella, of course, if anything went overboard or too much for her. He'll step in. "Aries! Aries, this is Plutarch Haevensbee. Head game maker." Iphigenia had pushed Aries's attention away from Estella and the food to an odd-looking fellow.

The only thing odd about him that stood out in a crowd of crazy people was that he was normally dressed and nothing fancy.

Aries observe him up and down, not even hiding it. "I'll be honest with you. I feel like I going to hate you so much that I plan your death every night before my sleep, and even a chance of me stabbing you. Or I'm fine with you around."

"Aries!" Iphigenia glare at his mannerism who simply shrugs his shoulder. Looking back at the game maker, "... I apologize, he's a little tough and bold. Many don't like him." Haevensbee laugh it away with Iphigenia, Aries didn't care as he went back on checking for Estella's safety. Haevensbee gestured to Iphigenia to leave them alone, the prep team following after her.

"So, how do you like the party?"

Aries glances at Haevensbee, seeing they are alone now earning him to curse at Iphigenia in his mind, "I'm not into a small conversation. With me, you have to get to your point or fuck off."

"You're right. I'll make this quick. No point really." Haevensbee laughs, "I was told to meet and merely to see the District 5's winners. They say you are different and well respected in the capital, especially from the President."

Aries didn't respond, his eyes on Estella who had finished her dance and now rejecting another, "You're still beating around the bush. You're planning something." Aries spoke slowly knowing it wasn't his business and also that shocked expression from the older man told him it was something still secretive.

Deciding to change the topic to get away from him and to Estella, he spoke up with a bored tone on purpose to show his dislike, "You lost my interest, goodbye." With that Aries didn't even bother keeping his manners, he at least did a farewell to the game maker. Taking his lead to Estella and helping her, knowing Estella is never one to say no to someone.

The male imminently ran the moment Aries stood beside Estella, Estella moved her eyes in confusion before it lands on Aries, and with a smile, she spoke, "You have always been the male repelled." Aries chuckles lightly, "I have a lot of people who dislike me. It's my nature."

"And I'm not one of them," Estella spoke softly as she looked up to Aries, giving him a full view of her face. He take in Estella's face, her face was more angelic than ever, her skin was smoother, and her lips fuller. Her eyes were bigger and rounder, her nose smaller and more delicate. Her hair was a little longer and her skin was fairer. Her face was perfect.

Aries smile, "I haven't told you yet tonight... You're the most beautiful woman that has set foot on earth." Estella blushed, the comment was unexpected, "Thank you."

"Children! Children! It's time for the Presidential Speech!" Iphigenia had somehow gotten to them, pushing them forward to get a head start to the front while she searches for her friends.

Aries and Estella went together as they walk forward, the crowd was cheering loudly for the President to show up on the balcony for his speech. He was feeling good, he had to admit he was enjoying the party. It rose more when his eyes landed on a pair he had longed to encounter.

A wicked skimming smirk on his face before he pulls Estella to whisper in her ears, "Found the engaged."

Next Chapter: ...