Chapter 28

🅳🅴🅽🅽🅸🆂 had accompanied Aries on his trip to get ready for the arena, which left Estella with Poppy. Iphigenia didn't go, something about the wind messing her 1-Million-dollar hair. "How are you feeling?" Poppy had asked the younger girl, Estella, in response to the question merely smile at her.

"I'm a little tired, but I'm ready." / "I can tell," Poppy said, her voice gentle as she looked at Estella, who was sitting on her side, she watches carefully as someone pushed a tracker into Estella's arm with his huge needle.

The moment the tracker was in, Estella hissed in pain. The helicopter had begun its journey, and the loud sound from its wings and machine filled the slight awkward tension between Poppy and Estella. In a few minutes, they had arrived. Estella and Poppy stood before a tube that will send Estella into the arena soon.

Estella was scared, she was on her way to fight experience beasts, and she was nervous. Poppy, who was holding Estella's hand, comforted her, "The suit is light. So, I'd guess there's going to be tropics, dessert, or ocean out there."

"60 seconds before the launch." The sound came from the device above them; the game is starting and Estella felt her heart beating out of her chest. Estella look carefully into Poppy's eyes, and she found something that made her more unsettled, the feeling of being ready to be gone.

"... You're going to leave us, once I get out there. Aren't you?" Estella looked away from Poppy, the tears in her eyes. Poppy, who was still looking at Estella, her lips moved, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Estella, who was now crying, wept harder, her heart broken.

"Estella, you're strong a-and it hurts me to be leaving you, Aries, everyone. But losing him hurts more." Estella, dropped her head down, her tears falling on Poppy's hand, she never thought she would get a chance to say goodbye to her beloved friend.

"I'm going to miss you, Poppy." Poppy, who was crying too, looked down at her hand, she was holding Estella's hand before her, "I'm going to miss you too, Estella. I'm going to miss you." Estella pulled Poppy into a tight embrace, she held her friend tightly, her body shaking in pain.

"10 seconds before the launch," The monotone voice cut them. Estella broke their hug, she put on a smile that covered her every emotion of sadness and begged Poppy to not leave her, although, her eyes were bloodshot red against her.

Walking up to the tube, and instantly it closes once she stood in it. Poppy's tears could not be heard as the air chamber sealed everything, each one noise from Estella to hear. "Nine," The sound of the clock was replaced by silence.

"Eight," / "Seven." Poppy's tears were still on her cheeks and Estella could feel her heart beating out of her chest. "Six." / "Five." Poppy raise her hand to wave goodbye, her mouth moved into 'sorry', and Estella watch each of her gestures.

"Four." / "Three." Estella took in Poppy's feature, as this would be the last for them to see each other, Estella remembers their first encounter too. "Two." / "One." Estella closes her eyes, placing her best goodbye smile as she mutters the last 'Thank you,' to Poppy.

"Launch." Estella felt the sensation of being lifted, the tube moving her to the arena. From seeing blackness for a few seconds before the tube opened, and she was raised to the top of the arena. She was blinded by the bright sunlight for a sole second before everything becomes clear to her.

Around her, surrounded by water and land quite far, meaning she would have to swim unless she swam a good second to the rough rocks. The Cornucopia was right ahead of her.

"Fuck," Estella glared at her surrounding, she isn't in the mood to be dealing with anyone, especially in this Hunger Games. Looked around in search of Aries, but he was nowhere which traverse Estella to think he must be on the other side of the Cornucopia.

Estella starts thinking of a plan, she wasn't a swimmer and this arena is at her disadvantage in every way possible, the most she could hold her breath in for only 11 seconds, which should be enough for her to get on land.

Avoiding the Cornucopia at all costs. "Let the 75th Annual Hunger Games Begin! And may the odds be ever in your favor!" The voice of Cesar Flickerman announces to the whole arena as the gong went off.

Diving into the water, Estella imminently was smitten with the stinging sensation of the saltwater in her eyes as she swam her best away where most Tributes aimed for. Gasping for air the moment Estella has gotten the wimp of air. Shaking her head to get her mind straight, she was handed into the forest.

Estella would off go further down the forest but distinguished being weaponless isn't a great survival kit, leaning her back against a tree when she caught the footsteps of a tribute behind her. The second he was close, Estella thumped him on the nose with her elbow, knocking him to his back.

With her other hand, she grabbed a stick from the ground, it's not the best weapon, but it will do for now. The tribute, who had a nosebleed, raised his hand to his nose, Estella grabbed the stick and swung it in his direction, stabbing it into his shoulder, and pinning him down. Taking the chance of the tribute grunting in pain to move, she rampages his stuff and backpack.

She found a knife, a water bottle, and a map, and she was able to gather all the things she needed in a matter of seconds. Estella didn't bother waiting, she got what she needed, and hasten off into the deep forest.

Her eyes moved around to any slight noise warning her, the greenery surrounding her along with the humid air seem like a future problem she would have to face. She made her way slowly, listening to the sounds around her, and trying to stay under the radar.

Next Chapter: