Chapter 12

🅺🅰🆃🅽🅸🆂🆂 rose her hands, undergoing sudden anger. "Why would Snow love them and hate us, when what we did, they did too." Haymitch frowns, his hand frantic everywhere as he speaks, "Katniss, use your head! Visualize getting someone like Aries in the war. Ruthless, Bloodlust, and Wicked Craziness! He's essentially the god of war, his in and a guaranteed win."

Katniss sighed, "I understand what you're saying. What about Estella, she didn't do much and protect her strength. She wouldn't harm anyone!" Haymitch shook his head, "The girl is still a wild card. It's just a matter of time before she gets her hands dirty and when that happens, she can be as unmercifully as Aries. She's the mastermind that dominates the shows. Snow sees himself in her!"

Katniss kept quiet, seeing what Haymitch is portraying now. Peeta looks between the two, speaking up himself now, "So, we got to get them as our allies?" Haymitch let out an exhalation, plops down in the chair, defeated, "That's the trick. Aries and Estella show no sign of being on friendly terms with anyone. They could win this themselves."

Haymitch watches carefully on the screen, it shows Aries and Estella turning a blind eye when to the obvious war starting when the districts were throwing and yelling stuff at them. Once, a peacemaker shot someone in front of them but they kept their smile (Estella) or an unbothered look (Aries).

"More importantly, since the rebellion is commencing, they exhibit no indication of defending their district nor supporting the Capital. Their mentor barely now much too as they keep among themselves." The room becomes silent, and Haymitch's words are sinking in.

"For now, let's not get in their bad sides. I know other victors will be lining up to get them as allies." Haymitch stood up leaving them behind.

.

Estella walks out of the elevator, Poppy with her as they catch up on things they had missed. Estella smiles at the crowd cheering from above them, beckoning out for her attention. "I'm so sorry that I haven't been in touch, since you won, my work had been piling up with demands," Poppy says, smiling at her.

Estella nodded, "That's understandable. I heard you and Cinna are the hot topics now. Everyone wearing your clothes." Estella chuckled, perceiving the blush on Poppy's face at the name of Cinna implying put into their conversation.

As they walk to District 5's carriage, Estella shows to neglects the eyes of other tributes on her. Not bothered by their stares. Poppy had dressed her up in a classic seductive Greek god outfit showing more skin than last time.

The dress made her stomach and cleavage look more vivacious. The pastel made her skin tone stand out. The slit of the soft silk dress that reaches her upper thighs made her legs look more seductive. Her back was bare and exposed to her lower hip.

Estella is decorated in gold and silvers from chains, necklaces, bracelets, rose pins, and rings. She wore a golden crown with a thin gold band around her head. A bold move as it designates to others that she is the queen; it would provoke some of them.

Poppy had taken a bouquet of flowers with purple and white petals. The flowers were a mix of colors, complementing Estella's attire and skin tone. The two finally reached the carriage. Estella cares for the horses and acquires to know them while Poppy went off in search of Aries.

Being alone caught Estella's introverted heart to tremble in nervousness, anxiety flowing as she let her eyes wander in hope of quicker a friend but not even Peeta and Katniss are yet to be seen. "Estella Perez," A new voice Estella had yet to uncover called out to her.

"Hello," Estella answered, looking up. She's greeted by a handsome visual, blonde messy hair, and a teasing smirk that almost resembles Aries's. His outfit is quite questionable, being half-naked but then again she is flaunting her skin, and a high chance Aries would be too.

Estella took a while before she recognizes the tribute, Finnick Odair.

"Do you want a sugar cube?" He flicks out a sugar cube in the air and catches it easily. Estella rose an eyebrow querying what his main purpose for exhibiting a talk with her was. She put him on mute in her mind as Finick rambles about horses, outfits, and all. The only time he got her attention was when he spoke about the Quell.

Finnick's grin grew when he notices the interest, "Shame on this Quell thing. You could've made out like a bandit in the Capital. Jewels, money, anything you wanted."

Estella places her hands beside her, halting the caressing of the horse to give full attention to the older man, "Jewels? To annoying in my opinion. Money? Not enough to survive in this world. Anything? Then I want my death to be quick and soon."

Finnick let out a burst of booming laughter, not expecting those types of answers. He had planned to get to know the girl to know if she would be a trustworthy ally or not. He had underestimated her the moment she spoke; he was going to have to be more careful with his words.

Estella turn to face Finnick, her hands on her hips prompting her silk dress to impale her body and revealed more of her curves, especially with no wearing any support for her breast, "Why don't you get to your point, Mr. Odair? Clearly, you have an intention here."

Finnick chuckled, "An intention? I thought I was being subtle." She rolls her eyes, "I'm not an idiot. Tell me what you want from me." Finnick shook his head, "I don't want anything from you. I just want to get to know you. You and your partner had earned a pretty scary title around the Capital. President Snow's pride and joy."

Finnick stops and gestures around him, Estella notices the eyes on them, mostly here like she was the last piece of gold on earth. "Everyone wants you on their side but doubting that are you worthy."

Estella open her mouth to speak back, however, a sudden cloth of animal fur concealed her from any more exposure on her shoulders and firm rough hands around her waist from the back.

She didn't have to glance back to know who moreover is confident enough to say that a scary-looking Aries with his eyes pierce in deep blue burning a scowl at Finnick from her shoulder.

"Definitely worthy."

Next Chapter: ...