Chapter 10

🆃🅷🅴 day of the reaping has come, Aries and Estella had been guarded since the day and were escorted to the stage of the reaping. They might fear that the two would run away, but at this point, both Estella and Aries had given up and let fate decide for them.

Aries was standing next to Estella; he has his hand on her waist as she was leaning on him. Their eyes were concentrated on the stage where Iphigenia stood at the mic just like the first reaping. This time difference is her red swollen eyes from crying all night for her victors and Dennis.

They had to separate upon being on the stage, before that Aries halt them below the stage. Grasping Estella's hands as they had a silent utterance amidst them. The crowds' eyes were on them.

Giving her a clinging kiss on her forehead, they separate. Aries went to a seat beside Dennis while Estella was alone on the opposite side. Estella avoided the eyes of the family that took her under their care, fidgeting with her fingers and blinking nervously for something she knew was bound to happen.

Aries's heart was pounding with his leg bouncing every second as he stared at Iphigenia who was now starting the event with the best smile she could bestow.

"We-Welcome. Welcome, as we celebrate the 75th anniversary and third Quarter Quell of the Hunger Games. As always, ladies first." Iphigenia pupils were shaking. She glance at Estella who caught her eyes, Estella gave her a masked smile showing she was fine.

Iphigenia turns her attention back to the crowd, heading towards the glass ball for the ladies which only had one piece of paper that obviously had Estella's name. Iphigenia hesitantly took the paper and walk back to the mic stand.

Her fingers quivered as she opens the paper, her eyes sauntering around the crowds and peacemakers for a strict silent minute, hoping in that silence someone would volunteer or there is a change of plan for the games.

"The female tribute from District 5 ... Es- ... Estella Perez." Estella took a deep breath, she isn't going to dispense to the people the terror they want, she'll make it through this time. Presenting a grin that reach her ears as if she was a child that had been delivered the greatest gift yet. Estella walk up to Iphigenia, smiling at her who in return had tears flowing down already.

"W-Wonderful." Iphigenia refuses to look into Estella's eyes knowing she would break, clearing her throat, "And now for the men."

Aries watch the stage, his hands clenched and unclenching his fists together. Dennis has been trying to get his attention, not understanding what's going through Aries's mind or his body's behavior. Aries's expression was blank, his eyes were staring a bit, his body was tense and his teeth were gritted.

"The male tribute from District 5-"

"I volunteer as tribute." Aries had cut Iphigenia's speech before she could even clue anyone who was chosen, he had a bored tone in his voice. Standing up and not furnishing Dennis a chance to talk him out, he walks over to Iphigenia.

The crowd's eyes were on the two, Aries had his hands on his hips as he gestures towards Iphigenia to get the reaping over with already. Iphigenia's eyes widened, she was a bit flustered, "Ah, v-very well. The tribute of District 5... Estella Perez and Aries White, everybody."

Just when Iphigenia finished her needed speech, peacemakers started grabbing a tight hold of Aries while the commander held Estella's wrist tightly causing her to hiss in pain. "N-No, but. Wait!" Iphigenia was worried for her tribute, confused at what was happening as they try to drag Aries and Estella right into the train.

Aries cursed and screamed at the commander for hurting Estella while the 3 peacemakers on him were having a hard time getting him to corporate. Dennis was quick to his feet to talk them out for his students' safety.

Susan and Mr. William's voices were heard in between the commotion, yelling in need for Aries and Estella as they weren't allowed a goodbye. "A-Aries! Estella! Wait!" Iphigenia quickly follows after Dennis too, her tears no longer being held as she's having a mental breakdown with everything.

.

Dennis and Iphigenia had left Aries and Estella alone in one of the booth trains to talk about the peacemakers' lack of respect for their tributes. Both kept quiet, remaining together with their backs touching and legs on the sofa. Nothing in their mind, not about the game, not about the family.

Just blankness.

"Aries," Estella spoke up, her voice soft and gentle. Aries just nodded, he didn't say anything, he just didn't want to think about anything. "Aries, we're going to be fine," Estella whispered.

"I know," Aries replied, his voice ragged but he had put back his playful demeanor. "Plus, we got our option B open since Katniss had stopped us with those berries." Estella let out a laugh, Aries following after. Felt their heart ease for a moment with relief.

Estella turns her head to the table beside them, it presented some fruits and snacks for the two before dinner is to be served. Although a bottle of spray to water the plants caught Estella's attention.

"Since we are going back to the capital, I should start training you with your manners and words," Estella said, looking at the spray bottle. Aries scoffs out, rolling his eyes, "As if. That's not going to hap-" Aries chilled as he exhibited a mist of water at the back of his head.

"What the fuck?!" Aries turn his head to scowl at Estella as she would be the only reason for the mist of water, solely to be sprayed once more directly to his face. "I read once that to tame a feral animal, spraying them when they do any wrong deed would instantly shut them up." Estella held a cheeky grin as she shook the bottle of spray in her hand.

"Are you calling me feral?!" Aries felt the veins in his head popping when Estella once more sprayed him with a giggle. The water got into his mouth as he spoke so he spits it on Estella's face, generating her to freeze mid giggles.

Aries smirks seeing this entertaining now as Estella glares at him.

In revenge, Estella started spraying Aries rapidly as he run around the booth to avoid the cold water. Estella chases after him, and in a few seconds, it becomes a wrestling match on the carpet floor as Aries attempt to hold both Estella's hand from spraying him.

Estella laughs hysterically as she sprays Aries again with a smile on her face. "Stop it, you crazy woman!" Aries yelled as he was getting cold in the process, with a grin that grew which seconds. Unknown to them, Dennis and Iphigenia watch from the door with a happy smiles, glad that the game wasn't affecting them too much.

Next Chapter: ...