Chapter 3

"Come on people! We are live in 5! Act like it's the end of the world!" Iphigenia kept slapping her hands together, rushing the prep team to work faster. Estella's mind kept repeating the memory of President Snow's words and the screen showing. Aries and she had silently agreed to keep it away from everyone, even their mentor.

She's still in a daze but kept a professional mask on, standing before the door as the prep did the last of it. Iphigenia giving have a motivational speech of courage which nourished a boost of a genuine smile on her.

Estella look down at herself, at her outfit, she wore a simple white shirt that showed enough skin and cleavage, a simple black skirt with a slit, with a white headband to support her hair from the outside wind. "And we are on!" Iphigenia pushed open the door, giving Estella a soft peck on her cheek before her out.

Estella took notice of the live camera first, the place is empty but she could hear Flickerman and the audience cheering for her. "Ah! There is the favorite girl. Estella Perez everyone!" The cheer got louder, Estella smiled and took the lead to the middle. Aries soon join her by the other side, "The compelling, crazed killing machine. Aries White!"

When Aries which her, he gave her an embrace, distinguishing that Estella much needed it as he susurrates comforting words to her ear. Flickerman and the crowd were awed at the action. Estella thank him, both stimulating the focus to the camera which was sharpened at their face as Flickerman has begun his talk show. "So, my lovebirds. How is it been going?"

Both knew Flickerman is asking for some detail here, especially after how they did accidentally kiss in a live show last time. "Well, for a starter. You could say, I own our wingman a lot. Since that, I have been accepting a lot of bashful kisses from her." Aries said with a wink at Estella.

Both know it's a lie about the kisses, it's just for entertainment and the capital's pleasure. Aries and Estella won't be hurt by the words, as they are close enough to understand each other. Flickerman's face is delighted, "And what about you Estella? Any romantic news?"

Estella smiled, "Nothing romantic as it's just friendly kisses. Plus, this man right here hasn't even popped out the question." The crowd boos and Flickerman posters Aries who merely chuckle and shook his head, smiling at Estella. "Well, I might not look like it but I'm a romantic. I anticipating the right scenario."

"Fantastic! We'll be checking on both off you and district 12's winner the throughout Victory Tour!" Estella and Aries both share a smile as they both know the Capitol will be watching them closely. Primely, President Snow.

Flickerman was about to thank them but the applause of the audience and cries of more unquestionably heard. Estella and Aries wave at the camera as it leisurely went down signaling the live show is done.

"Great work everyone! Start packing! We are on the train in 10! Dennis put the heck down on your alcohol or I will personally chain you with me!"

Aries groans, snapping her neck until it cracks. Iphigenia's voice is booming through his eye drums that he swears might of bleed. He looks down at Estella, sensing her emotion are on a roller coaster of a ride. His hand wraps around her shoulder, "You'll be fine."

Estella blinks, "You're right. I will be fine. I won't need to worry." Aries scrutinize Estella's face before squeezing it tight together with his huge hands, "You look like an ugly puffy fish like this!"

Estella glared at the male despite her lips sticking out and her face wrinkling like a caterpillar, "You better sleep with one eye open throughout this tour." Aries laughs, "I can handle that."

.

"Fabulous food, fabulous wine, the messages, spa treatment. I ask nothing less, only more for my two favorite victors." Iphigenia spoke with haughtiness as she grins at Estella and Aries seated in front of her and Dennis. They are having their lunch as the rain move is such speed yet stable. Estella and Aries had their steak and pasta along with a bottle of red.

Aries glances at Iphigenia from his plate of meat filled only, "I like that your cockiness hasn't even budged." Iphigenia laughs saying a thank you, not seeing that Aries's words weren't a compliment to her personality at all.

Estella chuckle and held Aries down from buttering any more words that would cause the Iphigenia to cry away. "Now the schedule is a bit of a bare, 12 days, 12 districts. Mostly lots of parties. All you have to do is speak out the queue cards, wave, smile, and enjoy the spotlight!"

As Iphigenia continue her yapping about what to do and what not, Aries found joy went Dennis mimic the woman beside him without her clue in the worst possible way. Estella is the only one listening, it's mostly pity.

Over the mentor's shoulder, Aries notice the TV was on by one of the prep team. It's showcasing Katniss and Peeta's live show. Aries couldn't help but scoff and laugh seeing how fake and trying Katniss is to show her love to Peeta. If anyone were to believe that act, Aries might just believe he found the stupidest person in the world.

"I heard President Snow had a talk with Katniss," Dennis spoke up after seeing where Aries's eyes were. Both Iphigenia and Dennis took note of how Estella's hands had frozen mid-way of cutting her food and Aries heated glare on the screen as if it had offended him.

"... Do you know what he said to her?" Estella turned to Aries, her eyes watery yet still smiling, "No, I can guess what happened. She's acting too hard there." Aries agrees with Estella, observing Katniss acting once more before placing some fruits on Estella's plate, changing the topic to her unhealthy diet instead.

Dennis and Iphigenia choose not to push it, as long as it's clear Aries and Estella know about it. They can handle it themselves.

Next Chapter: ...