Chapter 26

🅴🆂🆃🅴🅻🅻🅰 tugs around on her bed, the nightmare is returning. Sweat falls from her forehead and neck, her breathing picking up as the repetition of her parent's death haunts her. The yells, screams, and fires from the scene are as clear as yesterday's memory.

She has to be reminded of what happened, she has to be reminded of where she is, and why she's here. She can't let herself go like this, can't let a single dream taunts her. She needs to be in control, she needs to regain her composure.

Estella takes a deep breath, disregarding her heart pacing in hasten as she searches for the clue, clues for this memory to be haunting her. "Estella, run! Run! Please!" 10-year-old Estella watches with wide eyes, fire was happening everywhere, behind her, beside her. Her hand fumbled around the sheets, it was a struggle for her as her breath is increasing.

Just as she is about to break into immersible pain and torture from witnessing her parent's death once more. The same boy, preventing the view with an anxious tone, begged her to go, matching one of her mother's desperate tones.

Estella at first like always in the past would neglect the boy in her dream, her parent is more important but this time, she put her center on him. Feeling a similar sensation with those blue eyes and vocals. She could sense the pain that he was feeling, she could feel the fear and uncertainty that he was experiencing.

She took in this person figure, in his 12s as he kneels down to be Estella's height, hands gripping tightly on Estella's shoulder. He seems like he had run a mile to reach her. "Stella! Estella! Look at me, please."

Estella felt like she was hit by a bus, her body shivering with tears falling from her eyes. That tone, of the form, it's giving her a similar atmosphere to when she had a mental breakdown in the square with Aries and in the Arena.

"Estella! Let's go! Please! Estella!" The boy shook her so much, trying to get her to look at him, not the scene.

BANG!

The last gunshot from her dream broke her, wheezing for air as she looked around her room, tears ebbing down automatically, her fingers trembling and the tension being cold and alone. Estella's brain is a mess, she needs to sleep.

Tomorrow is the day of the 75th Hunger Game.

Slowly getting out of her bed, her chest heaving to calm down, her eyes lowered to the silver ring Aries had promised her with. Estella's eyes locked on the ring, with its beautiful etching and intricate pattern.

It was a simple ring yet it was also very important to her. It was a promise ring, a promise that when she and Aries win the Hunger Games, they will be together.

With her head being a mess, Estella knew she needed Aries by her now, the sole person that seem to be the trick to her calmness every time this breakdown comes. Leisurely walking out of her room, she slowly made her way to Aries's room which was only beside hers.

Estella didn't bother knocking, it was becoming a norm that Estella would crash into his room most of the night. The door opens as she enters, Aries is already there, he's sitting on the edge of his bed, his legs spreading out and elbow on his knees. His hands cover half of his face, only displaying his sharp eyes that are positioned on the ground.

Estella halted before the door, Aries seems to be anticipating her already.

"Aries?" Estella calls out gently, trying to not disturb him from whatever he's doing. Aries looks up, his eyes focusing on Estella, and at that right moment. Estella's brain starts weighing the dots, the similarity between the boy in her dream and Aries, and it clicks.

All those forgotten memories start jabbing Estella's brain, causing a headache as she groans in pain. "What is it, Estella?" Aries's voice is filled with concern as he stood up and walked over toward her.

Estella and Aries look at each other, two diverse eyes colors, Aries somewhat flinch at the emotion in Estella's eyes. "Why are... why are you crying?" Aries asks, he didn't know what to do, a moment like this he would comfort the girl by embracing her, but he had a sense that Estella wouldn't want to now.

Estella's eyes watered up, her tears still fell down as she looked at Aries, taking a step back as everything is merely too much for her to handle overnight. Noticed Aries's wounded expression, but her center is more on organizing her thoughts.

"A-Aries..." Estella called out to which she got an imminent response. She starts questioning just how much had Aries concealed from her, it fumes her, it was like Aries is playing with her, however, the look in his eyes right now told Estella she wasn't the only one suffering.

Estella knows now that she wasn't the one to have the right to be angry. Aries, someone who grew up without any parents, siblings, or relatives found his home through Estella and her family. The memories of how close Aries is with her father, playful with her mother, and always there for Estella.

Does she start to wonder if she was the one that lost everything? She had the Williams who took her under care, what about Aries? He was there witnessing his close loved ones' death, he was there when Estella woke up not identifying anything, he was there for it all but was abandoned alone in the end.

Not once he complained, not once did he put his hatred to Estella for neglecting him, not once he shunned the Williams for not taking him too. "I-I had another nightmare," Estella's voice is small, "It's the same as always, but... I-I want to be with you tonight." Estella has made up her mind; she's going to keep this to herself for now.

Aries choose to ignore Estella's weird behavior from before, instead is going to enjoy this moment with her first. "Let's get some fresh air then." He grabs Estella's hand, and leads her outside on the balcony, the night is silent, and the only sign of life is the moonlight and the stars.

Bequeathing her there for a minute as he went to get some smokes and beers, distinguishing that both would want to drown themselves from tomorrow's reality.

Next Chapter: