Chapter 23

🅴🆂🆃🅴🅻🅻🅰 was annoyed, it was the evaluation session. And that's not what tick Estella of, is that Aries wasn't allowed to join. Apparently, his battle with the peacemakers and trainer was enough to be evaluated since every game maker is there too.

Estella remembers when Dennis told them about this, Aries scoffed quoting something about the game makers' being cowards to see him in action face-on.

She sat alone with other tributes; the career had done their evaluation which ease her heart for not having to hem encounter that training day. Estella didn't have any friends, sure Peeta can be counted as one but she could recognize that he needed to be with Katniss the most, abandoning her alone.

Mags who sat before her with Finnick would also open a conversation but Estella has trouble understanding the older woman which composed her to be more guilty than killing people in the arena. Finnick had his fun seeing Estella's brain reconstructing to conjecture Mags, the pure dread in her eyes that would match his in help. 

An hour had passed before Estella's name was called out, she stood up and walked up to the door where she met with Mags who is leaving. The older gave the girl an encouraging smile. Estella stared at her for a second, she was so used to being in the company of other people that Mags was a new experience for her.

Smiling at her, Estella covered it with an emotionless one once the older woman was out of her sight. Meeting with Havensbee and his adding worker standing above her. "Estella Perez, you may begin."

Estella looks around her, she then glances at them. She knew that this time it won't be easy to amuse them. This day had been bothering Estella in her mind, wondering what she should do on her evaluation day. But today, she kept her mind empty, not thinking of anything, not even her own weakness. Slowly, she lifted her hands, palms facing up. "Today... Can I sing for you?"

Havensbee's adding workers looked at each other, then at Havensbee. Havensbee nodded, and the adding worker turned to Estella. "Yes, you may, Estella. Just know your score will be based on this."

Estella stares into Havensbee's eyes, the girl has always been an observer in the shadow. The girl can comprehend the basics of someone just by a mere glance, communicating with her would mean that your secrets and weakness shall be bare to her.

Estella closes her eyes, breathing in and out, the corner of her mouth forming a Cheshire cat's grin. She never met Havensbee nor have they spoken but she gathers all the needed things to know about the older male through Aries. It was enough to know what would please him.

ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴇᴇ?

ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜱᴛʀᴜɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ

ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜱᴀʏ ᴡʜᴏ ᴍᴜʀᴅᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ