022 - Lies and Deceit.

(022 - Lies and Deceit)

So, the last chapter caused a whole lot of uproar🤣. I really didn't expect anything less sha. But the major reaction was coming from how Semeeha would react to Gigi picking Kizito. Some #Semito shippers are fighting hard for their girl.

But take it from me, trust me as per the writer, the last thing Semeeha needs right now is a boyfriend. I won't say more than that, but it's the honest truth. Too bad, she doesn't realize it.

Let's dive in sha😌.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

I screamed.

But my scream was drowned by the humongous shrieks that rang out from every part of the circle. Dawn was screaming beside me, clapping as loud as ever and I knew right then that I wasn't the only one completely shocked and awestruck by Gigi's choice. Even TK stared back at Gigi like she had grown a pair of horns.

"She didn't just pick Kizito," Semeeha muttered beside me. I turned to look at her, seeing her eyes widen in shock. But her own looked like a different kind of shock.

"She did!" I answered, my voice coming out in an involuntary squeal. Semeeha didn't say anything after that. She just went completely silent, staring at where Gigi was standing in the middle of the circle.

I looked back just in time to see some guys bringing a confused-looking Kizito to the circle. They must have stood up to fetch him as soon as Gigi made her choice. Almost everyone was on their feet, cheering and hooting as the hunk made his way to the middle, where Gigi was, looking quite lost. TK waved his hand around to calm down the hyper crowd.

"What's going on?" Kizito asked, looking between TK and Gigi who were the only ones standing in the middle. Gigi looked at TK as if to tell him that he should tell Kizito.

"Well," TK started. "Star girl here has been dared to kiss any guy around this yard for twenty seconds, and she picked you." He said. Kizito immediately turned to look at Gigi, surprise evident on his face. I kept watching them with keen interest and so did everyone.

"What..." He breathed out, trailing off after. Gigi shrugged, a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

"It's okay if you don't want to." She told him. Her voice was almost in a whisper but loud enough for every one of us to hear.

The entire circle was graveyard silent, every single pair of eyes on the duo in the middle. Everyone was eager to hear if Kizito was going to go through with it or not. But none of them were as eager as I was. I wanted to know if my best friend would go through the dare, and honestly, I wanted him to go through it.