03

Allison POV

Today there was going to be an important meeting at work and we aren't sure why. Currently we setting up the big conference room since this was where the meeting will be keeping.

They were whispers that the person who actually owns the business will be here so everyone is trying to be at their best.

I was setting papers of what the meeting should be about at the respective seats when Sam one of my coworkers approached me "are you nervous"

I sat the last set of papers down "for what" I asked as I looked around to make sure every seat had a paper

"The owner is going to be here which has never happened before and that means something is going to happen or change" she sighed

I honestly don't know why I should be nervous it's just the owner, I mean they are regular people just like us. I'm also sure if something was to happen or change then it wouldn't be anything resulting in any of us losing our jobs.

"Stop worrying I'm sure nothing bad will happen" I rested my hand on her shoulder to reassure her.

I took the remaining papers up , placing them in the middle of the table incase someone else wants one. After making sure everything was correct and sorted I headed into the office to see Jade and Kylie.

"Hey y'all" I took one of the chairs and placed it beside the desk where they were sitting.

"Did you hear that the owner was coming today" Jade asked while typing something on her phone

"Don't tell me that y'all are nervous too" I sighed looking around to see that some of the workers were talking about this person coming

"Girl this has never happened before of course we are nervous" Kylie said

I shrugged my shoulders "I'm not"

I started to notice that people in suits and dresses were stepping off the elevator and heading to the conference room.

"Good for you but we are and so is everyone else in the company" I just waved them off because I really don't see the big deal.

After about ten minutes the hallway was cleared which means the meeting had began. Since there wasn't much to do I got up and walked to my desk to finish up some work I had to do. It was basically me going over and making sure everything was correct.

I was finishing up a document when I felt someone tap my shoulders "They want us in the conference room since the meet is about to finish"

I must have gotten lost into doing my work because I didn't realize how much time had passed.

I nodded and made sure to save my work before getting up and going to the conference room. I was walking when I notice Jade and Kylie along with a few other coworkers outside waiting.

"Why are we outside" I walked up to Jade and Kylie

"Waiting on the meeting to finish so we can go in" Kylie said

I nodded and waited along with them. After a few minutes they said we could go in. I made my way inside and look around, I noticed a lot of people in professional high class business attire it was more people than I had expected.

I was walking further in to the room, looking around when my eyes caught someone I had hope to never see again. There she was in all her glory smiling and shaking hands with a few people.

My heart beat picked up when she finally made eye contact with me and smile.

"Girl are you okay looks like you've seen a ghost" Jade nudged me