CHAPTER 9

Y/n's POV

I was happy that jimin and I were engaged my father was happy about it and what surprised me the most was that JK finally accepted Jimin then he gave Jimin a bro hug when I told him that he proposed to me and planning for an engagement party. I was emotional that JK finally accepted Jimin.

I wanted to keep our engagement simple and low key but he didn't agree with me and wants me to introduce to everyone as his fiancee. The date for our engagement party was approaching. I was bothered that her mother still didn't like the Idea of me dating his son but jimin told me to not mind it because what matters the most was we share the same feelings towards each other. Days pass by and we were so busy for the preparation, I was with minji having a sort of conversation when my phone rang and I excused myself.

I look through the screen and the caller was not registered on my phone book then I answered it right away, I was stunned when I heard the voice on the other line. I was not expecting for her to call, I don't know how to respond. She told me to meet her at the xxx café and hung up the phone.

I took my leave right away and headed towards the xxx café. I didn't bother to tell jimin. I cant explain what Im feeling right that moment, I was nervous yet happy that she wanted to see me maybe she changed her mind and accepted the fact that she cant change his son's mind. I arrived at the café and I headed toward the table where she was sitting.

I bowed my head for respect and she just nodded. I seated in front of her, it was an awkward silent until she spoke.

Mrs. Park: Look Y/n I invited you here to offer something.

I just stayed silent and she placed an envelop on the table, she told me to open it that I gladly did but I was stunned what's inside, it's a check with a signature. I got teary, it hurts my pride now I know why she invited me to came here.

Mrs. Park: Take it and leave my son

I got teary with her statement and rejected her offer, she insisted that it was for my own good but I cant imagine myself without Jimin. I wanted to face every challenges in life with him holding my hands.

Mrs. Park: I can double or even triple the amount just leave my son, he doesn't deserve you, you are nothing but just a burden in his life so its better if you just accept my offer because you are just being selfish if you continued this relationship with my son" she added. But I can't handle it anymore so I walked out of the café holding my tears but before I got up from the table I bowed my head towards her to pay respect even if she belittled my being.

I was waiting for a cab by the street when my phone rang and it was Jimin's picture that was on my phone's screen. I swiped the green bottom, I was relieved by just hearing his voice, he noticed my sniffles and ask me if what was wrong with my voice, I just make an excuse but he didn't fall for it instead he asked me where I am so he can come. I ended up telling him and after a couple of minutes he arrived. He got out of the car and marched towards me then guided me towards his car.

He was driving and I just sit there in silent until he reached for my hand intertwining with his and placed soft kisses on the back of it, I faked my smile and try my best not to let a single tear drip in front of him but I failed and he noticed it. He pulled the car after he saw me crying then turn towards me and look at me with pure concern.

He placed his both hands on my face caressing it. I leaned to his touch and hold his hand in place.

Jimin: What's wrong babe?

Y/n: Nothing, I am just happy that you are here with me.

Jimin: Of course I will be here for you, I will always be, so don't cry I don't want to see you crying.