BABY, IT'S ALRIGHT

The sexy matching bodice and panties that Killer had designed me together with my wedding dress, hung soullessly by the knob's bathroom door. The dress had been luckier and was neatly folded over the armchair. I smiled lazily rubbing my nose against Freddie's hairy armpit and there it stayed for such a while. Till my chin was sliding down and I driffted on a deep and freeing sleep.

It had been a good idea getting married this way. It was as though we were taking part in some carnival, with more significance. Elton John conducting a ceremony in which each vow we spoke was more absurd than the preceding, I was wearing the design of the person who tried to kill me and my husband's ex girlfriend walked me down the aisle. Yes, nothing was guided by the logic rules but slowly I started learning to live in a relative chaos. That charade made me play things down a little. What's wrong getting married Freddie Mercury? Wasn't he the love of my life? He had shown me in all the possible ways I meant a lot to him. Maybe that's all I had to care about. I managed to win that uncontrollable wild animal's heart and might be worth it having mortgaged my own life just for him.

The wake was not so sweet and freeing as the moment I driffted off to sleep. I raised my jaw from the wrinkled sheets feeling my temples pounding. After the "wedding" things got tricky and was one of the wildest parties I had lived with the whole band. We got drunk just to the point of not losing wholly our consciences but someone had to crawl to his room.

I didn't recall my bloody wedding night and that disturbed me particularly. The first thing my eyes laid on was Freddie and Mary watching polaroids and didn't like either. With their heads together and their rapturous glances in front as though a saving angel had just appeared in the ceiling. What did Mary have to do in our room?

- Hey, do the most beautiful blue eyes of the universe open at last?

Freddie noticed I was watching them, lying there face down and came up to me jumping. I wrapped around the sheets, upset and not in the mood for any display of affection.

- No, they're closed again -I said disturbed, covering completely with the sheet again.

- Well, open them up again.

- I don't want to.

Freddie pulled apart the sheet that flew away some inches. It was effective, I opened my eyes. Bastard...

- What the hell are you doing? I'm stark naked... -I looked embarrased at the direction where originally was Mary, but she was not there anymore.

- You're not now.

Freddie laid over me, covering each one of my limbs with his and searching the mouth I denied him on and on.

- What's wrong, unfriendly mousy?

- We are not married yet. You still have time to think about all that marriage stuff...

- What are you talking about? Of course we are married. If Sharon says I pronounce you man and wife, that becomes gospel.