BARCELONA I

HERE I'M STARTING MY BARCELONA TRILOGY. THREE CHAPTERS DEDICATED TO MY BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. IT WAS A MATTER OF TIME, JEJEJE. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

LOVE YOU ALL. 🥰

Stafford Terrace was our home such a short time. Without respite on 17th january, that brand new 1979 year, they started the european tour at Ernst Merck Halle in Hamburg. Again the gypsy life of the artists and every night sleeping in a different hotel. It would be the most lenghty Queen european tour of all and they would record parts for their first live record, Live Killers.

As they used to, three days before the first show they spent eight whole hours a day rehearsing. Freddie came to that tour with his voice somewhat soared, and that was quite good to reject any interview with the excuse of taking care his voice.

As press secretary I was managing myself increasingly better and Killer's constant presence not only as official designer but also as anything they could require of her, recalled me we were two essential pieces in our time machine.

The rhythm of our lives took on that surreal tone of when you're in the middle of a tour. I had been in quite a few and the feeling was always the same. That period time in which a band spends their time travelling from town to town, selling their last record, show after show was like a break in everybody's daily life. Each one of us were playing our part, working really hard actually but we did it in an exceptional enviroment. Touring was not something normal, everything was lived to the full, with such an intensity, the good and bad moments. Exaggeration, that's the right word. Anything could be exaggerated till the extreme. If you got angry, it was a pretty passionate argument and if you made it up, it was equally passionate.

Freddie and I worked pretty well as a married couple, to my surprise. After that strange chapter with Nina, none of us talked about that wild night. Being a team was so natural for us and support each other our little daily insecurities was such an important ingredient in our relationship. We both were vulnerables but we tried keeping that strong facade. And we never got embarrassed to confess our weakness if they ever appeared. I think we confessed every little thing that showed up because we both kept our particular bigger secrets underneath all that and we couldn't express it with words.

Freddie was not mine despite our mutual support and every day, as a weird mantra, I repeated myself I must take care carefully of his freedom. He couldn't feel himself forced to refrain his desires just because he was a married man. Yes, the theory was easier than the practice.

- I didn't mortgage all my life to be still Freddie's friend with only a good chemistry in bed, Fooling

- I didn't say that. Just try to find the balance in your marriage. You must control without he notices, never pulling the rope...