TAKE CARE OF THOSE YOU CALL YOUR OWN

We spent almost two whole months in Montreux while they put together the Live Killers record. With Dominique's unpleasant incident and that strange new turn in the history, I didn't enjoy so much as other times. For some reason or another it wasn't the peaceful retirement that I trusted to find before the japanese turmoil.

I just kept thinking of the unborn Felix and put the blame on me for this turn of events. It was in the scorpion's nature to sting and at this stage my body without spleen must know it. I knew Killer had arranged all this to torture me. I knew her so well but she knew me too. She knew how much I could get obsessed with any damn sharp and irrational change of the history.

While they were putting together the record they got an offer to take charge of Flash Gordon soundtrack, directed by Mike Hodges. For some reason the producers thought Queen was the perfect band to provide music to that adventure. All agreed but most of all Brian worked really hard on it. He was really driven by it.

On the other side my interview with Maureen gave a different boost to my public figure but of course, my haters strengthened. After all, that's the game with fame. Not only getting into the best restaurants with no need to reservation and being a guest in very different propositions. Being in the public eye turned you into a weird puppet. Everybody was talking about you without knowing you and I was coming in terms with it.

In general the interviews with Maureen Cleave most of all had proved to be positive to my public image. She became almost a friend for me and helped strangely since the very beginning in giving a more pleasant vision of Elideth Polley. Nevertheless my own private nature and almost anchoress, would make it impossible make myself known completely to the general public. If Freddie and I looked alike in something was that veil of mystery that just few times we decided to strip away.

Sometimes it was easier for us when we were starkers on bed after sex, while our sweat cooled down in our shuddering skins. Other times there was no need having sex, just when we felt exhausted and used our bodys as each other's pillow. Or when we couldn't sleep a wink at the same time and talked and talked till our eyes closed again at last. We used to be more ourselves in the different beds we used since Elton John was our „priest" that scorching hot july day in Montreux.

- Mousy... are you awake?

- No, I'm sleeping -I purred against the pillow.

- Are you still taking care?

- Taking care?

- You know. To avoid getting pregnant.

I rolled over in bed to face him, appearing my classic wrinkle in the middle of my forehead. He had got me totally awaken.

- Yes, sure.

- Why don't you give yourself a break?

If Freddie go on like this my wrinkle would go on too. My heart started to pound.

- Do you want to...?

- Last night I dreamt I had a blonde little girl climbing up my lap. And she pulled my hair and I tickled her.

- Did she pull your hair like this? -I tried to play that sudden chat down grabbing his dark locks with my fingers.

- Hands off.

- Did you tickled her like this? -I sank my fingers in the right place that made him bend over himself with no help.

- Stop fussing. Hey, I think she was our little girl.

- Last night I dreamt I climbed up to the moon through Brian's telescope.

- Your dreams always are far more interesting than mine.