AND NOW YOU DESERT ME...

Miami was already the Queen manager on his own right. After getting rid of Reid contract, to whom always will feel grateful for everything he had done for them and still regarded as a friend, the band was set on taking care themselves of their own business.

That was understandable taking into account the amount of sharks lying in wait for a band like them, at the peak of their fame. The experience with Sheffield brothers had affected them so much that they didn't trust not even a soul and each new employee taking part the entourage was X-rayed. But no matter how hard they tried, taking care of everything was a real pain. They had so many companies. Queen was a big enterprise and required a work that they couldn't allow themselves because it would steal time to create music. Jim Miami Beach, their trusty lawyer was going to prove himself key in their management.

After too much talking trying to persuade him to take care of the band full time, at last he had decided quitting his lawyer's office and being an important and regular member for them. Deaky was an excellent brain for business and promotion but he was the damn bass player and the future writer of key hits, he couldn't spend his time checking bills. So Peter Chant was chosen to manage the right structure and being their accountant and tax consultant. Jim Miami Beach was conquered and was their new manager, being the head of the brand new Queen Productions Limited. At the same time they started another two companies; Queen Music Limited and Queen Films Limited.

At this stage the band's income were so monumental that to avoid the abusive British taxes and so they didn't take away half of their fortunes, the best was not spending more than ten weeks per year in England. So after their last tour they decided go and record their new album outside British soil.

Matching with their stay abroad, EMI had been granted the award of the Queen due to the exportation, a highly appreciated honour. To celebrate it, EMI gave the job of making a commemorative edition of Bohemian Rhapsody: 200 limited edition copies numbered by hand. The band wanted they engraved them in purple and gold, the original colours of the band as they appeared in Queen I but there was some mistake. At the end they decided a brown and golden cover and the single in purple vinyl but when they sent them manufactured it was not purple but blue. The band didn't seem to upset about that mistake and decided to celebrate on their own way. Instead going to take the award in Cotswold suite at Selfridge hotel in London, they threw some frantic parties in honour of Roger 29 anniversary.

The first four framed copies of that "failed" blue limited edition vinyl were sent to the members of the band. I admired that very precious collector item and in an unguarded moment I shot it with my phone to send it to Fooling and gave it to the secret forum.

After our official wedding I didn't miss enjoying the obliged honeymoon because it already was a honeymoon in so many daily details. Leaning over the balcony to enjoy the big Leman lake only for my astounded eyes, being able to walk along the prominade and feed the swans always swimming around happy, riding some miles with a bike to Vevey, the near town.

While I was eating my ice-cream sitting in one of the lake recesses, swinging my naked legs with the water underneath, I thought Montreux will always be the place where Queen would record their best songs. It also was the place where Freddie Mercury got married.

I couldn't help feeling myself a little strange, like an imposter in his life. That marriage by proxy as Fooling had called it, meant so much to me. In fact, now there was nothing more important on my horizon and each night I imagined new ways to avoid Freddie wouldn't take a panther leap to take away from me. Now it was the hardest part, keep him by my side.

I didn't want he would notice I was afraid to lose him. The Persian was like a hound dog, if he guessed the fear, specially raged. But as long as we were quietly recording in Montreux, my mission was going through one of its most peaceful hours. They spent so many hours a day in Mountain Studios, inside a casino and that gave me a little bit of freedom.