DON'T TALK, DON'T TALK. BABY, DON'T TALK

Killer and I had sped up the history, just the two of us. Killer willing to change it radically and I just the opposite. Determined to not change a single thing.

Freddie unconsciously had contributed to improve his life. He had made most of the work this time. What did he expect with Paul's annoying presence always lurking about and being more and more an influence on him?

- Don't you worry, my dear. Peter is gonna be ok.

- Why didn't you persuade him to stay with us till the tour started?

- Eli, we're starting the tour within 40 days.

- And?

- What do you mean "and"? Staying with us all that time? It doesn't make sense. He's an adult with his own home. We've helped him and that's it.

- But without work, how can he pay the rent?

- We will fix that from the office.

- Do you have his phone number?

- Yes.

- What if something wrong happens to him? Here he would be safe.

- He's not a canary in a cage. He needs doing his own things, I guess.

- He looked like being alone.

- We really don't know much about him.

- Then, why did you just take him on?

- I don't have any idea actually. Did you know he met me for the first time in 1973? I was with Mary at the restaurant Rainbow Room in Biba. In the old building Derry and Tom at Kensington Church Street.

I recalled perfectly that restaurant that originally was an art deco ballroom with such an amazing ceiling in several layers. It made different colour effects, so they called Rainbow Room.

- Seemingly he had come there with his girlfriend Pam and I was with Mary. Can you believe it? Two young men playing to being older than they were, holding hands with their girlfriends when our minds probably were full of dicks.

- Freddie...

I was scolding him for being sometimes so stingly honest but surely that must be the case. And both of them were in the same situation. Leading lives that deep down didn't want to lead and facing away from their instincts.

- Peter and I have similar lives. After two sentences I got the feeling we've met since so long. What's more, I got the feeling that he would save me no matter what.

Hey, hey. Don't rush into. I'm gonna save you. Don't you ever forget it.

- It looked like you liked each other from the very beginning. Do I have to worry?

- What are you saying?

- It's been love at first sight, huh?

- If you go on like this...

- But...

- What?

- Nothing.

- No, not nothing. Tell me right now or you know how I get.

- How do you get?

- Don't challenge me, Elideth Polley. You'll never learn.

Freddie's ticklings were one of his arts. He was able to make me cry and laugh in alternation till he turned me into a complete wreck.