~Out To Sea~ BakuSquad

Soooo I'm kinda back?

The past year I've been very much stressed and depressed (TM) going to PA school but these past few weeks I've been in rotations and some of it has been pretty fun so I think I've gotten to a headspace where I'm not as S&D enough that the good ol' writing wheels are turning again :)

If you don't know where this is referencing, it's my interpretation/taking heavy inspiration of the Wellerman song that got really popular on Tiktok a while ago and I thought it would be a fun little thing to do for Halloween, yknow pirate/sailor bnha au?

Enjoy lovelies~

Life on the high seas has its perks. The fresh smell of sea water, the welcoming chilled breeze of the ocean, the calm rocking that lulls you to sleep, all bound together with a simple, mundane life spent with a group of good friends.

"BLARGHHHHHHH"

"Damnit, Kaminari, what happened to you?"

The new honey-blond recruit's face is a lot paler than usual when he raises it above the bow rail, small bits of discolored acid stuck to the corner of his lip. "Bro," he moans sickly, "You know I get easily seasick..."

At least, those things were perks to some people.

"Hey, you signed up for this," his red-headed companion shrugs nonchalantly, handing him the rag hanging from the waistband of his loose-fitting red pants. The cloth would've fallen off his hips if it wasn't for the black belt so graciously given by his employer. The golen buckle matches the single golden hoop hanging off his earlobe. "You knew what you were getting yourself into."

Kaminari ignores the rag, his shaky arm reaching up to wipe his mouth with the hem of his white and yellow striped shirt. "I thought I coulda controlled it. I was doing well, I don't know what happened. Maybe I ate something."

Living on a ship with limited supplies and even more limited room to breathe has its drawbacks. Being restricted to rationing nonperishable foodstuff, most of which is some kind of canned or dried. There's not much in the way of privacy with sharing living quarters among the entire crew. Not to mention certain smells that become too overwhelming after a while, forcing you to stumble on deck for fresh air. Some would even argue that having nothing to stare at but the open sea can get boring. Or maddening. Or just plain sickening. But to each their own, I guess.

"Weren't you the one who was helping Mina cook dinner last night?" Sero chimes in, carrying a bucket of water and a mop towards the nauseous boy. "None of us got sick but you, dude."

"It all probably became a little too much for him." Midoriya stands up from sitting on a crate nearby. "Probably nervous about his first trip out to sea. It's been a little more than a week that we've been out here, it's understandable that Kaminari isn't used to this lifestyle yet. Try chewing some ginger, it should help a little!"

"Just ginger?" Sero chuckles. "I woulda thought you'd have some miracle drug for him, Doc."

The boy blushes sheepishly at the nickname. Being the most educated gains you some informal titles. "I do, but I think he should toughen up as much as he can first." It was the first time the new recruit's vomited the whole trip, even after all the nightly drinking. That means he's doing well.

Jirou slides down from the top deck to join the rest, shaking her head. "Captain Bakugo says we should turn back home, we've been at sea for too long without any luck and we need to restock." She eyes Denki, who's knees have buckled and is now leaning his back on the wall. "What's up with him?"

"Tossed his cookies overboard," Sero quips.

She clicks her tongue once in sympathy. "Poor kid."