~Fake~ Tamaki x fem!Reader

Another request from my tumblr! "I was thinking about if one of the boys had a fem friend and they are hanging out one day and some guy won't leave them alone so they act as if the boy is their boyfriend to make the guy go away and after the boy actually really liked being called her bf and they realize the feelings they had for them were not as platonic as they first thought? Always thought this was cute!!"

They gave me a choice between Tamaki and Bakugou, so I chose Tamaki because I wanted to open up his character as a choice and ofc he's a touch starved boy too uwu

"I've always thought cotton candy was a magical type of snack," I comment, happily chomping away at the sugary treat melting in my mouth.  "It's the type of thing that makes you feel like a kid again!"

"Mm, I guess so," Tamaki responds, taking another bite of his takoyaki.

"Do you want a bite?"

The boy's indigo eyes barely gaze down and it before he immediately takes the bite for himself.  His munching really makes him look childish as the treat is supposed to do.  "I was never fond of cotton candy.  I guess I just naturally prefer animal treats because of my quirk."

"Yeah, that's understandable."  I stare off into the distance, eyeing the giant roller coaster looming in front of us.  My heart quickens at the sight, the anticipation building inside me.  "Tama, we gotta get on that coaster!"

At the word, his face goes completely blank.  "C-Coaster?"

"Come on Tama, please?" I whine.  "We've only been to all the carnival games and the mild rides, just one?"  I know my poor friend has terrible fear of...everything, but I gotta have my fun too!  And I wouldn't want to leave him out from my experiences, nor would I want to leave him alone in this crowded place.

His quivering figure attempts to breath in a sigh.  "O-Okay, but you have to hold onto me when we get on, okay?  You know how much I hate that h-high up."

I loop an arm around his shoulder, pulling him all-too eagerly towards the coaster.  "I'll be right next to you! It won't be that scary, I promise!"  I don't know if he believes me, but he keeps in pace with me as I speed-walk over.

Once we get there, we find the line is a good twenty minute wait to get in.  My feet tap impatiently in the concrete floor.  Tamaki and I are polar opposite friends; I'm the loudmouth while he's more reserved, I take risks while he keeps to the safe route, I chase more thrilling adventures while he'd rather keep to the more tame ones.  I don't mind putting his comfort first most of the time, but the one thing I can't give up is being at an amusement park and not going on the coasters.  They practically call to me, dangling themselves in front of me while screams entice me with promises of thrill.  It's like the architects know how to attract crazies like me.

When I open my mouth to comfort Tamaki - who's staring up at the coaster like he's about to die - the person behind him catches my attention.  My lips form into a solid line and I grab my friend's forearm just a hint rougher than I usually do.

The boy snaps out of his reverie quickly.  He understands the gesture and leans in.  "What's wrong?"

"I think the guy standing behind us has been following us for a while," I whisper low enough so only he can hear.  Tamaki's eyes widen and he's about to turn around when I make a face for him to freeze and not look back.  "Just act natural, I'll take care of it if he tries something."

Not long after we keep carrying on our conversation, Tamaki takes a call on his phone and the guy finally speaks up.  "This ride must be pretty swell if the line's so long for it."

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited for it," I respond.  As long as his intentions are still up in the air, I'll be polite to him.  No reason to be hostile right off the bat.