~Cuddles~ Bakugou X Reader

I used the "you" pronoun again to keep this neutral again.  Just a little touch starved Baku, enjoy~

Bakugou had a really difficult day, to say the least.  Actually, it was more like a trying week, if he really wanted to stretch it.

He loves being a Hero, it's been his dream since he was a young boy, but work was getting tiring.  This week, there's been more gang activity in Hosu City and he's had to work with the police force to help solve it.  The criminals had been expertly covering their tracks and leading the force down false positives leading to traps.  It frustrated Bakugou, infuriating him to the point where he wanted to just show up at all their possible strike locations and burn the entire place down.

But that wouldn't be very hero-like now, would it?  Kirishima's teasing remark still sticks in his head like an annoying record.  He found himself cursing his crazy-haired best friend multiple times a day.

Every night the entire week, Bakugou came home exhausted and sometimes hours late just to stay for the police debriefs.  In all honesty, they weren't helping the problem and he wished they would leave it to him and the other heroes.  At least he wouldn't have to come home to a dark house.  By the time he returns, his precious teddy bear is all wrapped up in bed, the space empty and waiting for Bakugou to take it.  Being a good boyfriend, Bakugou doesn't want to bother you out of your sleep, so he ends up staying on the other side of the bed.  And he wakes up before you wake up.

It's the most frustrating thing in the world.  How is he supposed to shower you in all his love if he doesn't have a chance to talk to you all day?

Finally, the end of the week rolls around, and - by no surprise at all - Bakugou and his team managed to round up the gang of villains by themselves, the police just an accessory to the whole thing.  It took all Bakugou had - and a few sidekicks holding him back and correcting everything he wanted to spit at them - not to completely go off on all of them.  Instead, he assigned all the necessary paperwork to some other person in the agency that was nearest to him and sprinted back home.

You were shocked to see him home so early.  It wasn't normal for him to work on the weekend anyway, but you figured he had gone out just like a regular day and wasn't expecting him home at all.  Not being able to see your favorite explosion boy all week disappointed you too, to say the least.  You tried text him messages in the middle of the day to keep in contact with him, but nothing is better than the real thing.

Bakugou flops onto the couch with a heavy sigh.  "God, it's amazing to be home so early."  He stretches out all the aching muscles he never knew were so tight after the entire fiasco this week.

"I'm really glad you're finally home again, babe," you turn around to smile at him before focusing your attention back on the cutting board.  While Bakugou was showering, you thought it would be a great idea to cook a meal the two of you can finally enjoy together, and then cuddle for the rest of the night watching a movie.

Bakugou, on the other hand, doesn't want to wait until much later to cuddle you.  He wants cuddles and he wants them now.  But he won't ever come out and say that explicitly, being the stubborn boy he is.

Rolling over onto his side, he stares at you across the room in the kitchen, your back to him as you prepare your meal.  "Babe, what are you making?" he calls.

"Fajita, you want it spicy, right?"

"Yeah."  He's upset that you haven't looked in his direction for very long since he got home.  "What were you doing before I got back?"

"Nothing, just watching TV."

Bakugou feels fidgety just waiting for you to come back.  He gets up and stands at a distance, leaning against the counter behind you.  He notices that your knife skills have gotten better, thanks to him teaching you in your earlier dating phase.  His eyes follow your figure as you run around the kitchen space, getting spices out from the cabinets and other bowls to mix the food in.

It annoys him.  Any other day, he would look on at you cooking with pride knowing that you learned with his help.  But today, he's exhausted, annoyed, and he just wants to cuddle for god's sake.

You pass by him, scanning him up and down.  The furrow of his brows and the clenched fists in the way his arms cross over his chest shows how tense he looks.  "Do you wanna help me, babe?"

"No," Bakugou answers a bit too roughly.

You brush it off with a shrug, thinking he's just had a long week and he still has residual anger and returning your attention back to the cooking.  The chicken is marinating in the blend of spices and all the bell peppers and onions are sliced.  All that's left to do is cook everything together.

Just as you place the large skillet on the stove, your legs are off the ground.  Bakugou's arms tightly wrap around your torso as he carries you out of the kitchen.  "Katsuki, what about dinner?"

"Screw dinner, I'm not hungry for food," he growls next to your ear.  "I'm hungry for something else."

Your body is thrown onto the couch with a yelp.  The spiky haired boy hovers over you, crimson eyes boring into yours for a moment.  The intensity stops your breath, making you slightly fear what will come next.

"You haven't paid any attention to me since I came home," he mumbles, laying himself on top of you, his head on your chest and his arm circling on top of your body.  "All I wanted was to be next to you."

Softening at his behavior, your fingers naturally thread into his soft hair tickling your face.  "Why didn't you just say so?"

"Do I have to say it?" he snaps, "I haven't even touched you all week, I missed you like crazy."

"Okay, no need to be grouchy, little Pomeranian," you kiss the top of his head, "You've got me right here next to you now."

Bakugou's head nestles right onto your steady heartbeat, playing with the fingers of your free hand on your stomach.  "I'm sorry I haven't been home.  I had this stupid case to take care of all week and the police were useless."

You give him a knowing look.  "Do you really want to talk about work right now?"

He pauses.  "You're right, I don't.  As long as you're here, I'm not a hero anymore, I'm just plain old Katsuki Bakugou."  He kisses the palm of your hand.  "And you're my teddy bear who I love coming home to every day."

"And you're my lovable, impatient explosion boy."

He snuggles his head closer into your chest, closing his eyes.  "Do you mind if I take a nap on you?"

Stroking his head, you answer quietly, "Only for a little while, I'm hungry."

"And don't wake me up," he opens an eye to shoot a pointed look at me.

"Yeah, okay."

A touch-starved Bakugou is a dangerous Bakugou amirite?