~Opposites Attract~ Shinsou x fem!Reader

Anon requested on my tumblr: "Shinsou with the daughter of Present Mic as his S/O, like you wouldn't see it at first but when you pay attention, it's practically obvious that they're daughter and father"

I didn't have any idea how to write this at first but then I figured something out. This will be another crackity fic with barely any plot bc I just wanted it to be wholesome fun and crack.

Shinsou can't believe he hadn't realized it sooner.  She's practically the opposite of him: an open book that anyone willing can read, an uncanny ability to get anyone to open up or smile at her jokes, a real MC personality.  Even their color schemes were opposite to each other, her honey blonde hair the opposite of his dark purple locks.  All the things that made him fall for her were right in front of him.

He chokes to himself.  Could he have fallen for one of his teachers in another lifetime?  He pushes the thought away before he goes spiraling down that rabbit hole.

"Y-Your dad is...Present Mic sensei?" Shinsou breathes out, probably about to faint.

His girlfriend smiles brightly.  "Yup!"  She laughs at how pale his face turns at her confirmation.  "Hitoshi, you're losing color in your face, babe, you need to breathe."

Shinsou takes a few deep breaths to steady himself, mentally slapping himself for not being very perceptive.  They've been dating for a few months, and have been friends since he was still in the general studies class.  "I just...never connected the dots," he mutters.  "But your last names are completely different?"

She simply shrugs.  "My mom absolutely couldn't stand him when she was pregnant with me.  You know how women with all those baby hormones are, even the smell of him was annoying to her.  She preferred her last name anyway, and Dad agreed because he's a loving little pushover."  She takes a bite of her food.  "Besides, my name sounds so much nicer with her last name than his.  (Y/n) Yamada?"  The name rolls off her tongue and she grimaces like it's a foreign species.  "Yeah, I'll stick with my current name, thank you very much."

Shinsou chuckles at her antics.  He won't lie, he was originally put off by her nearly over-the-top affability.  The first time he heard her in the hallway, he was lured in by her unique style of storytelling.  Then, after the Sports Festival, she decided to stick herself next to him at lunch one random day and ask a whole list of questions about his quirk.  Being in the Hero class, he naturally held some animosity towards her, but he warmed up to her natural charm and unique speech.  Her personality was magnetic.  She's easily one of those people who can make even a mundane narrative of walking down the street interesting.

Her speaking habits are especially endearing.  Some of his favorite catchphrases of her's were, "By a round of applause, have you ever...?", "Today's mood is...and here's why," and the ever endearing "You're doing great, sweetie" either as encouragement or teasing his mistakes.  And his favorite curse she has every uttered is, "For fuck's sake."  The first time she ever said, "Fuck me sideways" Shinsou almost choked.

At one point, he stopped to think about her.  What exactly is it that makes her such a magnetic person?  Something about her always giddy intonation always makes her stories more entertaining to listen to, like a podcast streaming just for him in his ear.  He's come to love the glimmer in her eyes when she tells stories, the animated gestures, and the crazy facial expressions. Every quirky thing about her is special to him and warms him from the inside.  Her diction and articulation sound like she's reading from a novel.

And the best part is he doesn't have to say anything, the energizer bunny that she is keeps going without stopping until she's finished.  In a way, they're a good match: she talks and he loves listening and admiring her.

"Now that you mention it, you two really are practically the same," Shinsou admits.  He's still dazed about the whole ordeal, his head not quite wrapping around it that well.

"Congratulations, you've now unlocked one of my biggest secrets!" she beams before chuckling, "I mean, if you can call that a secret.  Seriously, babe, you're with Aizawa sensei every day of the week, and by extension, you've seen my dad about half that time.  How did you not see that sooner?"

The boy rubs the back of his neck.  "Guess I should have.  In all fairness though, you're more toned down from your dad.  He's just loud while you have that hint of sarcastic, self-deprecating humor."

"Fair point."

From the other side of the room, a noise calls their attention.  Denki had slammed face-first into one of the pillars in the room because he wasn't watching where he was going and ends up flat on his back.  She points at him.  "It me, especially after training yesterday.  It was rough.  But let me tell you how badly that guy did..."

And just like that she's off, completely disregarding her lunch and pivoting her body towards him.  Shinsou eases into his position, casually eating the rest of his lunch and watching his girlfriend animate herself.

In the middle of her story she stops and realizes Shinsou is staring at her blankly as he usually does, and it's a rare moment when she breaks character.  She gives him a sad smile and quirks an eyebrow, "Hey, do you ever think I talk too much?  I never really let you say anything."

"Hm?" Shinsou's confused for a moment, then he shakes his head.  "No, I actually think it's pretty great.  I'm not the kind of guy who has a lot to say, and I really listening to you."  He lays his hand on her head.  "It's cute, how you have so much to say and you're so excited by it."

His girlfriend digests his compliment and smiles gratefully.  "You usually say I have a way with words, but you know what to say to me too.  I think we just work well together like that.  You know, I'm the one who talks nonstop and you're content with listening.  You're just like Aizawa sensei in that way too.

It's not the first time Shinsou has heard that comparison, with the clear lack of sleep and dark circles around both of their eyes.

And then he thinks to himself.  Wait.  If she's like Present Mic...and I'm like Aizawa sensei... Does that mean...?

His head turns towards the two teachers eating lunch together in the back of the room.  Present Mic is talking his mentor's ear off about nothing of particular interest, and the tired teacher simply ignores him as if it's a completely routine occurrence.  It reminds him of how him and his girlfriend were when they first became friends.

Shinsou 's heart secretly rejoices as if he's figured out some kind of major secret.

Oop minor EraserMic there hehe 😜